Orlando Magic say “Let’s make a deal”.

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

louc1970
Senior
And1: 153

Orlando Magic say “Let’s make a deal”. 

Post#1 » by louc1970 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:26 pm

You can can pick who you want to make the deal fair, but Orlando wants a very good to great PG.
The only caveat - you cannot have Banchero, F. Wagner, or Suggs.

So Atlanta, what do you want for Murray?
Portland, offers for Simons?
Memphis, interested in moving Snart?
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,921

Re: Orlando Magic say “Let’s make a deal”. 

Post#2 » by BlazersBroncos » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:21 pm

I think this is pretty good -

PDX OUT - Anfernee Simons
PDX IN - Osumane Dieng, 2025 DEN FRP, one of OKC's future FRPs

ORL OUT - WCJ, 2025 DEN FRP
ORL IN - Anfernee Simons

OKC OUT - Osumane Dieng, one of OKCs future FRP
OKC IN - WCJ

Then ORL pays Goga and runs w/ -

G - Anfernee Simons / Cole Anthony / Anthony Black
G - Jalen Suggs / Gary Harris / Anthony Black / Caleb Houstan
F - Franz Wagner / Joe Ingles / Anthony Black / Jett Howard
F - Paolo Banchero / Jonathan Isaac / Joe Ingles
C - Goga Bitadze / Mo Wagner / Jonathan Isaac
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,662

Post#3 » by Skybox » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:48 pm

no interest in Marcus Smart. ORL needs explosive offensive potential in their backcourt...the other two targets (Murray, Simons) are my top 2 trade targets. Either would catapult ORL into serious Eastern Conference contention for the foreseeable future. Super young team with an amazing defense, but impotent offensive backcourt beyond Suggs (who's good but not really a major offensive threat).

ORL could pay Malik Monk, but I'd rather send out some salary in a trade and then use cap space to try for Claxton or Hartenstein.

ORL sends: Wendell Carter, Jett Howard (happy to sub a frp in for Howard-but POR might prefer his upside, shooting, size)
POR sends: Simons

ORL then signs Nic Claxton and, barring injury hell, make a legit bid to be #2 seed in the East next year and beyond. They're really not missing much - their defense is elite already and, other than next year's DPOY - Isaac, they don't really have a rim protector. Settling for Goga is not necessary, as ORL FO has put themselves in position to do more this summer.
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,662

Post#4 » by orlando_joe » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:36 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:I think this is pretty good -

ORL IN - Anfernee Simons

OKC IN - WCJ

denver pick and some 2nds but wcj is just a bit much..would go for just paying dlo or someone wcj fits even if off bench would not include him on this trade it makes a hole that magic do not need to make..i let goga walk unless cheap contract keeps him
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#5 » by babyjax13 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:45 pm

Sign Tyus Jones would be my plan for them, and trade some salary to retain Goga. They can reassess near the trade deadline.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
jjohns828
Bench Warmer
And1: 516

Post#6 » by jjohns828 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:53 pm

babyjax13 wrote:Sign Tyus Jones would be my plan for them, and trade some salary to retain Goga. They can reassess near the trade deadline.

I'd be really disappointed if our guard upgrade in the offseason was Tyus Jones. Nothing against him, but I think we need to aim higher than that to adequately upgrade the position and get to the level we should be aiming for next year.
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,028

Post#7 » by Residual-Heat » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:06 pm

I really only want Murray out of those 3. I'd give up 3 picks for him. 2024 16th pick, 2025 Magic pick, and 2025 Denver pick (or 2027 Magic pick). Add a pick swap if necessary. From a basketball perspective I think Murray is a great fit, I only question chemistry fit.

Not high on Simons. Cole and the 2024 16th pick. Probably add some seconds or an unlikely pick swap. Maybe Cole, 2024 pick and a future protected 1st if the FO loves Simons. I woudlnt do that though as I dont really want his lack of defense in the starting line up.

Smart doesnt make sense for the Magic.
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by Residual-Heat » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:07 pm

babyjax13 wrote:Sign Tyus Jones would be my plan for them, and trade some salary to retain Goga. They can reassess near the trade deadline.

Dont think Goga will want to stay. We have WCJ, MO and JI getting minutes at center. Im pretty sure Goga will want to go somewhere he can get more playing time.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,614

Post#9 » by NYG » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:43 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:I think this is pretty good -

ORL IN - Anfernee Simons

OKC IN - WCJ

I have it as Simons for lower of '25 Denver/Orlando 1st straight up
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#10 » by babyjax13 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:14 am

jjohns828 wrote:

I'd be really disappointed if our guard upgrade in the offseason was Tyus Jones. Nothing against him, but I think we need to aim higher than that to adequately upgrade the position and get to the level we should be aiming for next year.

I think he's better than Simons is, currently. Aiming higher is going to be really hard, if Murray isn't on the market I'm not really sure who you can target.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
A BETTER DJ
Sixth Man
And1: 302

Post#11 » by A BETTER DJ » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:52 am

I doubt the Magic make a trade for someone that won't fit into our defensive scheme no matter how good of a shooter they are. We need a good shooting playmaker that plays D or even a combo guard that can shoot and share ball handling and play D next Suggs. Gary Harris is a good shooter and plays decent D, but he can't create well enough to be a difference maker.
Top notch Wedding DJ and photographer available nationwide. RealGM members Save $200 off our regular low prices!

GO MAGIC!
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,516

Post#12 » by Wolveswin » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:28 am

So a thread based on much ta do about nothing. “We won’t trade our 3 best assets, but what star are you giving me ?”
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,326

Post#13 » by Godaddycurse » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:30 am

Wolveswin wrote:So a thread based on much ta do about nothing. “We won’t trade our 3 best assets, but what star are you giving me ?”

To be fair OP wasn't just asking for stars (Simons/Smart was included in his search)
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,516

Post#14 » by Wolveswin » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:45 am

Godaddycurse wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:So a thread based on much ta do about nothing. “We won’t trade our 3 best assets, but what star are you giving me ?”

To be fair OP wasn't just asking for stars (Simons/Smart was included in his search)

Conversation starter.

but Orlando wants a very good to great PG.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,772

Post#15 » by theBigLip » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:59 am

I think Jordan Poole is available :lol:
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,098

Post#16 » by The-Power » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:07 am

Wolveswin wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

Conversation starter.

That's different from a star. And Orlando can offer decent value to a up-and-coming team or a team entering a rebuild. So I'm not sure what's the issue here. OP wasn't asking for a superstar while taking the best assets of the table.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,131

Post#17 » by tiderulz » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:16 pm

The-Power wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

Conversation starter.

That's different from a star. And Orlando can offer decent value to a up-and-coming team or a team entering a rebuild. So I'm not sure what's the issue here. OP wasn't asking for a superstar while taking the best assets of the table.

yes, i mean they have picks, they could also add Black or Howard if they were wanted.
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,745

Post#18 » by DowJones » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:37 pm

I think if they empty the chamber they might be able to get Murray. Their assets aren’t that appealing for anything better. Neither of their rookies was impressive this year and their draft picks are mid.
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man

Post#19 » by Residual-Heat » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:20 pm

DowJones wrote:I think if they empty the chamber they might be able to get Murray. Their assets aren’t that appealing for anything better. Neither of their rookies was impressive this year and their draft picks are mid.

Murray was traded for what was was thought to be "mid" draft picks a couple of years ago. He's not a superstar and most teams already have a starting PG. I dont think he will get the type of return you are thinking of.
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,572

Post#20 » by pcbothwel » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:32 pm

If Im ORL, I make the sneaky big splash and trade for Garland. He is a perfect fit with them, and he & Mitchell need to part ways.
He is a legit AS caliber PG that has experience playing a bit off ball was well. He might be a buy low guy compared to the last 2 years.

Return to Trades and Transactions