Orlando Magic say “Let’s make a deal”.

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,019

Re: Orlando Magic say “Let’s make a deal”. 

Post#21 » by R-DAWG » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:58 pm

Skybox wrote:no interest in Marcus Smart. ORL needs explosive offensive potential in their backcourt...the other two targets (Murray, Simons) are my top 2 trade targets. Either would catapult ORL into serious Eastern Conference contention for the foreseeable future. Super young team with an amazing defense, but impotent offensive backcourt beyond Suggs (who's good but not really a major offensive threat).

ORL could pay Malik Monk, but I'd rather send out some salary in a trade and then use cap space to try for Claxton or Hartenstein.

ORL sends: Wendell Carter, Jett Howard (happy to sub a frp in for Howard-but POR might prefer his upside, shooting, size)
POR sends: Simons

ORL then signs Nic Claxton and, barring injury hell, make a legit bid to be #2 seed in the East next year and beyond. They're really not missing much - their defense is elite already and, other than next year's DPOY - Isaac, they don't really have a rim protector. Settling for Goga is not necessary, as ORL FO has put themselves in position to do more this summer.

I'm not sure if Orlando has the ammo to do this, but acquiring BOTH Murray and Simons is interesting. They have complimentary skill sets with Murray being an on ball playmaker and Simons being a knock down shooter and Murray's size allows Simons to play off ball offensively without having an undersized defensive backcourt.

Murray/Simons/Franz/Palo/WCJ
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,908

Post#22 » by BlazersBroncos » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:43 pm

I have a hard time seeing PDX move Simons for 'only' that DEN 25 FRP which likely slots in the 25-30 range. If WCJ is routed to a 3rd team I could see them going for it assuming that team (I keep saying OKC) throws in a FRP.

Also could see ORL wanting to include Howard or Houstan to open up more cap space. I dont think PDX would value either much but could see ORL actually wanting to offload one or both to shore up more space and pay someone like Claxton. Simons / Suggs / Franz / Paolo / Claxton is a hell of a squad - and they still would have Cole, Black, Harris (I would resign him), Mo, JI, etc off the bench.

Thats a borderline elite SL and a whole lot of talent off the bench.
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,661

Post#23 » by orlando_joe » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:40 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:I have a hard time seeing PDX move Simons for 'only' that DEN 25 FRP which likely slots in the 25-30 range. If WCJ is routed to a 3rd team I could see them going for it assuming that team (I keep saying OKC) throws in a FRP.

Also could see ORL wanting to include Howard or Houstan to open up more cap space. I dont think PDX would value either much but could see ORL actually wanting to offload one or both to shore up more space and pay someone like Claxton. Simons / Suggs / Franz / Paolo / Claxton is a hell of a squad - and they still would have Cole, Black, Harris (I would resign him), Mo, JI, etc off the bench.

are you really now saying magic give howard,wcj and a first for simons? wow...by the way houstan is not guaranteed next yr
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,850

Post#24 » by Norm2953 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:59 pm

Blazers are in position to draft Clingan if they needed such a player and don't need to trade for WCJ

I'd agree with BB that Portland is not going to move Simons for just a 2025 pick in the late 20's and
would likely be asking for Black
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,908

Post#25 » by BlazersBroncos » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:01 pm

orlando_joe wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:I have a hard time seeing PDX move Simons for 'only' that DEN 25 FRP which likely slots in the 25-30 range. If WCJ is routed to a 3rd team I could see them going for it assuming that team (I keep saying OKC) throws in a FRP.

are you really now saying magic give howard,wcj and a first for simons? wow...by the way houstan is not guaranteed next yr

Not specifically Portland but I could see them moving him to a cap space team for some future SRP to clear more room to make a cant-refuse offer to Claxton.

I have no value on Howard - I wasnt trying to commit mental gymnastics to steal him in a Simons deal.

I actually would keep Houstan and trade Howard but I was always higher on Houstan. Better size, better shooter as well.
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,336

Post#26 » by PistolPeteJR » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:03 pm

pcbothwel wrote:If Im ORL, I make the sneaky big splash and trade for Garland. He is a perfect fit with them, and he & Mitchell need to part ways.
He is a legit AS caliber PG that has experience playing a bit off ball was well. He might be a buy low guy compared to the last 2 years.

What's Orlando moving for him that Cleveland wants? I'm positive the Cavs don't want a deal centered around future picks, I can tell you that much.
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,741

Post#27 » by DowJones » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:46 pm

pcbothwel wrote:If Im ORL, I make the sneaky big splash and trade for Garland. He is a perfect fit with them, and he & Mitchell need to part ways.
He is a legit AS caliber PG that has experience playing a bit off ball was well. He might be a buy low guy compared to the last 2 years.

Cavs aren’t selling low on Garland and Orlando doesn’t have enough to land him unless it is a Garlabd for Franz swap.

In the NBA you don’t sell low on early 20’s players with all-star potential that are locked up.
louc1970
Senior
And1: 150

Post#28 » by louc1970 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:16 pm

What could Orlando offer to get Garland? I don't see much that Cleveland would want outside F. Wagner.
louc1970
Senior
And1: 150

Post#29 » by louc1970 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:19 pm

First team that always comes to mind is OKC, allowing Holmgren to switch from 5 to 4 and needed.
The other locale could be Dallas or SAS.
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,511

Post#30 » by Wolveswin » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:28 pm

louc1970 wrote:

What could Orlando offer to get Garland? I don't see much that Cleveland would want outside F. Wagner.

This. Hence my initial post.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#31 » by Wolveswin » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:29 pm

In spirit of those thread:

Cade Cunningham???

Could Pistons look to acquire more assets and refresh the rebuild timeline?

Black + Jett + Picks needed

FOR

Cade + Filler
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,572

Post#32 » by pcbothwel » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:52 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
louc1970 wrote:

Black, Anthony, pure Cap space, all their 1st (and the Den 2025 1st).
I think Black, 2024 1st (#16), and a 2025 1st (Doable with them having Den pick)... is a pretty good starting package. Add in another 2027 1st with protections, and I dont see how another team beats that offer.

Now, the Cavs may not like the structure of the package being weighted towards prospects/picks, but that can simply be alleviated by a 3rd team.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#33 » by Wolveswin » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:56 pm

pcbothwel wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
louc1970 wrote:What could Orlando offer to get Garland? I don't see much that Cleveland would want outside F. Wagner.

I think Black, 2024 1st (#16), and a 2025 1st (Doable with them having Den pick)... is a pretty good starting package. Add in another 2027 1st with protections, and I dont see how another team beats that offer.

Now, the Cavs may not like the structure of the package being weighted towards prospects/picks, but that can simply be alleviated by a 3rd team.

Cavs aren’t trading Garland for a picks package. 3rd team would NOT want picks more than Garland. Not many teams would feel that way. Garland is young and locked in and preferred.

Cavs aren’t trading Garland until Mitchell situation is solved. Which means Magic aren’t getting Garland anytime soon.

Next target.
TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 319

Post#34 » by TimeisIllmatic » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:56 pm

DJM is probably the most realistic trade target. ORL definitely needs another superstar but I don't think they have the assets for Trae Young.
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,741

Post#35 » by DowJones » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:54 pm

pcbothwel wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
louc1970 wrote:What could Orlando offer to get Garland? I don't see much that Cleveland would want outside F. Wagner.

Then we need to talk about what a 3rd team would give. As it stands it is just Anthony Black and 3 first rounders in the 15-25 range. You just can’t trade an all-star level 24 year old that is locked up for a package like that.

Am I missing something with Black? Maybe I am.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,760

Post#36 » by gswhoops » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:24 pm

PistolPeteJR wrote:

What's Orlando moving for him that Cleveland wants? I'm positive the Cavs don't want a deal centered around future picks, I can tell you that much.

Yeah I don't see any way Cleveland sends Garland to Orlando without Franz being the centerpiece of the deal. They're not going to be tempted by WCJ and a bunch of mid picks.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,199

Post#37 » by Slim Charless » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:30 pm

Wolveswin wrote:In spirit of those thread:

Cade Cunningham???

Could Pistons look to acquire more assets and refresh the rebuild timeline?

Black + Jett + Picks needed

FOR

Cade + Filler

If Cade is on the table, then the Spurs need to go all out and get him to pair with Wemby. Everything is on the table including all picks, Vassel, Sochan and naming rights to the Riverwalk.

Not all of that of course, but any combination of those things. Cade to Wemby for the rest of the decade and on would be a treat to the rest of the NBA.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,924

Post#38 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:54 pm

Wolveswin wrote:So a thread based on much ta do about nothing. “We won’t trade our 3 best assets, but what star are you giving me ?”

Not even close to what the OP was saying and Orlando has plenty of assets outside those players with which to get a PG. As someone who loves to post deals with 4 superstars you really shouldn't be lecturing on what's realistic, mate.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,433

Post#39 » by JRoy » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:58 pm

pcbothwel wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:

I would give Scoot, Grant and FRP for Garland. I think that’s better than that ORL package but YMMV.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#40 » by Wolveswin » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:58 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:So a thread based on much ta do about nothing. “We won’t trade our 3 best assets, but what star are you giving me ?”

Not even close to what the OP was saying and Orlando has plenty of assets outside those players with which to get a PG. As someone who loves to post deals with 4 superstars you really shouldn't be lecturing on what's realistic, mate.

Or. Let it marinate mate…thread turned out just like it started. Boom. Mind blown right. Offers for Garland with top 3 players (Banchero, Wagner, Suggs) off the Magic table.

Return to Trades and Transactions