[Wojnarowski]: Nets To Hire Jordi Fernandez

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,211

[Wojnarowski]: Nets To Hire Jordi Fernandez 

Post#1 » by bondom34 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:59 am

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=qUWvoes5mKsnPYc5tEmOlQ
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
sonictecture
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,081

Re: [Wojnarowski]: Nets To Hire Jordi Fernandez 

Post#2 » by sonictecture » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:13 am

Brooklyn, where coaching careers go to die.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,890

Post#3 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:19 pm

Hopefully some Kings fans will weigh in on what this guy brings. But its encouraging they made a basketball hire rather than a splashy one. And made possible because they have no superstars to make demands(Nash, Steve).
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,260

Post#4 » by SNPA » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:13 pm

Doug Christie gets to be defensive coordinator. That’s a good thing.

Good luck to Jordi.
oldncreaky
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 4,447

Post#5 » by oldncreaky » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:10 pm

By all media reports and player comments, Jordi Fernandez did an outstanding with Canada's National Team at the 2023 World Cup

Also, the Raptor's choice last summer came down to either Jordi or Darko
Vinnie became the Microwave in May 1985, zapping the Celtics in Joe Louis
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#6 » by R-DAWG » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:55 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Hopefully some Kings fans will weigh in on what this guy brings. But its encouraging they made a basketball hire rather than a splashy one. And made possible because they have no superstars to make demands(Nash, Steve).

The Nets made a lot of smart basketball decisions prior to the KD/Kyrie opportunity. And let's be honest, anyone would have given the keys to KD/Kyrie if given the opportunity.

Sometimes you roll the dice on talent even if your holding your nose in the process. Your experiencing why you take the chance on Kyrie in Dallas.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,890

Post#7 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:24 pm

R-DAWG wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:Hopefully some Kings fans will weigh in on what this guy brings. But its encouraging they made a basketball hire rather than a splashy one. And made possible because they have no superstars to make demands(Nash, Steve).

The Nets made a lot of smart basketball decisions prior to the KD/Kyrie opportunity. And let's be honest, anyone would have given the keys to KD/Kyrie if given the opportunity.

Sometimes you roll the dice on talent even if your holding your nose in the process. Your experiencing why you take the chance on Kyrie in Dallas.

I'm not saying anything about them having no superstars being a positive. It's absolutely not. I'm just saying when you don't have a superstar you've made promises to, you get to simply make a merit hire. You might still get it wrong, but its a better process.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
QMemphis
Junior
And1: 182

Post#8 » by QMemphis » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:43 pm

R-DAWG wrote:

That’s not screwed them, the Harden deal was. They moved off three young 3 role players and picks. Now are stuck with Ben for one more year.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,575

Post#9 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:45 pm

I wish we could have kept him over Brown. Great hire by Nets, got a young stud coach that will grow with the team.

Hopefully this means Kings can hit up Jordi this summer about Bridges lol
JKiddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 322

Post#10 » by JKiddy » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:53 pm

Step 1: Completed successfully
Step 2: Roster upheaval come Winter 2024/25
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,781

Post#11 » by BoogieTime » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:31 pm

SNPA wrote:Doug Christie gets to be defensive coordinator. That’s a good thing.

Good luck to Jordi.

Why does Christie move the needle? Rather have Jordi in the wings though Brown isnt going anywhere anytime soon
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,144

Post#12 » by OxAndFox » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:37 pm

This is a great hire by the Nets. IMO, and maybe a bit biased, but Jordi was the #1 coach on the market coming up so hiring him before other jobs come up was great by Nets management.

Jordi has already shown that he has the ability to not only be extremely well liked, but also hold players accountable.
He makes excellent adjustments and rotations. If you watched Team Canada you would have seen this first hand, but he has also had a couple of opportunities with the Kings too and has done a great job. You look at the way he handled the Kings when Brown was ejected at Toronto last season. Things weren't looking great and he steadied the team with mature decisions and looked completely in control.

Now I wonder if Jay Triano goes with him to head up the offense.
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,260

Post#13 » by SNPA » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:00 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
SNPA wrote:Doug Christie gets to be defensive coordinator. That’s a good thing.

Good luck to Jordi.

Why does Christie move the needle? Rather have Jordi in the wings though Brown isnt going anywhere anytime soon

I think Doug knows more about NBA defense.
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#14 » by R-DAWG » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:41 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
R-DAWG wrote:

I'm not saying anything about them having no superstars being a positive. It's absolutely not. I'm just saying when you don't have a superstar you've made promises to, you get to simply make a merit hire. You might still get it wrong, but its a better process.

I would prefer to have superstars and give into their coaching demands. It's the only way you have real championship upside.

Return to Trades and Transactions