Simple trade: Heat/Wiz (Heat duck the tax)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,449

Simple trade: Heat/Wiz (Heat duck the tax) 

Post#1 » by mhd » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:25 am

Simple deal:

Wiz trade Shamet(can be waived immediately so that his deal is non-gauranteed)+Davis (expiring unless Miami wants to pick up his option)+26 to Miami for Duncan Robinson (expiring)+15

Why for Miami?
1). Ducks the tax while moving down 11 spots in this draft.

Why for the Wizards?
1). Move up in the draft while not adding any extra years in future salary commitments.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,556

Re: Simple trade: Heat/Wiz (Heat duck the tax) 

Post#2 » by jayjaysee » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:37 am

If Shamet is used in a trade, his matching salary is guaranteed. Similar to Chris Paul last year l.

I’d guess Miami would rather get paid to dump Herro than pay to dump Robinson. And think there’s teams that would give up cap space (or trade an expiring to a cap space team) for Robinson.
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,449

Post#3 » by mhd » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:49 am

jayjaysee wrote:If Shamet is used in a trade, his matching salary is guaranteed. Similar to Chris Paul last year l.

I’d guess Miami would rather get paid to dump Herro than pay to dump Robinson. And think there’s teams that would give up cap space (or trade an expiring to a cap space team) for Robinson.

Ah, cool. Didn't know know that. Thought that provision transferred over since the Wiz have until June 29 to either keep him or waive him for no money.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,273

Post#4 » by BBallFreak » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:55 am

Even if this were possible I wouldn't touch it. Why would we pay to dump Robinson when teams will actually give up value?
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,556

Post#5 » by jayjaysee » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:00 pm

mhd wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:If Shamet is used in a trade, his matching salary is guaranteed. Similar to Chris Paul last year l.

Ah, cool. Didn't know know that. Thought that provision transferred over since the Wiz have until June 29 to either keep him or waive him for no money.

I’m far from expert. But I think it’s the same since CP’s guarantee date was 6/28, once used in matching it’s guaranteed. So maybe all of his contract wouldn’t have to be guaranteed since Davis is involved
Astaluego
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#6 » by Astaluego » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:48 pm

I would bring Magic here... (Heat keeps Duncan) Brother to Magic.. they get the scorer they need...

Kuzma... the Heat save a few dollars, while they get a 3 option in a position they need the most, by getting bigger..

. WCJ to the Wizards.. (I have the Wizards taking Sarr)...they form a super complementary frontcourt, with Avdija/Coulibali on the wings and Poole on guard
Old Mike Lorenzo
louc1970
Senior
And1: 163

Post#7 » by louc1970 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:38 pm

The move that helps both teams out is:
Cleveland sending Mitchell/Filler to Miami for Herro/Robinson/Filler

Cleveland gets outside shooters that spread the floor for Garland to drive and Allen/Mobley to operate inside. Seems Cleveland has been trying to get the outside shooters in place for a while.

Miami with Mitchell as the primary scorer reduces the pressure on Butler (as he ages).
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,801

Post#8 » by theBigLip » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:07 pm

Detroit has a lot of cap space and needs shooting more than any team in the league. We could just absorb him for a 2nd rounder.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,126

Post#9 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:47 pm

jayjaysee wrote:
mhd wrote:

I’m far from expert. But I think it’s the same since CP’s guarantee date was 6/28, once used in matching it’s guaranteed. So maybe all of his contract wouldn’t have to be guaranteed since Davis is involved

Once a season is over a players salary used in terms of legal matching is the lesser of his current salary or guaranteed salary int he following year. In this case, Shamet has $0 guaranteed, so he’d count as $0 in salary matching.

For each Chris Paul trade last year, Phoenix and then Washington each had to guarantee more of his salary in order to make those trades legally work.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,437

Post#10 » by nate33 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:48 am

Bad move for the Wizards. They are paying $25M to move up 11 spots in a weak draft. They'll get better value auctioning off their cap room elsewhere.
Hoops23
General Manager
And1: 1,274

Post#11 » by Hoops23 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:38 am

Thats not the kind of deal Miami will trade its 2024 FRP.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,111

Post#12 » by Colbinii » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:45 am

Seems terrible for Miami.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.

Return to Trades and Transactions