LaMelo for Sengun

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,938

Re: LaMelo for Sengun 

Post#21 » by Sofia » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:50 am

Godaddycurse wrote:
LarsV8 wrote:That is tough with Ball always being injured.

And FVV is more than a throw in.

FVV at 43 M is not positive value

Lamelo might be at 43 games tho
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,563

Post#22 » by BarbaGrizz » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:26 pm

Lamelo played in just 56% games in his 4 years career and 35% in the last two seasons. He´ll be paid 47M through 2029. Are we sure he even has positive value?
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,544

Post#23 » by HornetJail » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:21 pm

BarbaGrizz wrote:Lamelo played in just 56% games in his 4 years career and 35% in the last two seasons. He´ll be paid 47M through 2029. Are we sure he even has positive value?

if he's not, we have no reason to trade him
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,771

Post#24 » by KembaWalker » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:43 pm

Uh no
RollingWave
Sixth Man
And1: 728

Post#25 » by RollingWave » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:34 am

In a theoretical fantasy league type world where we know everyone is healthy there's some serious discussion for this, but in a world where teams tend to be quite invested in their own guys that hit this isn't really a discussion.

Like if Lamelo's been almost fully healthy in his career this would at least warrant a conceptual discussion (but then at that point why would Charlotte entertain moving him for non-super duper stars?), but given that he's been far short of that, it's very unlikely any team pays remotely close to full value for him. Though I suppose the theory of Lamelo + Mark being surronded by Ime Udoka defense and serious wings is obviously interesting. Let alone Lamelo and Amen Thompson fast breaks.

So Houston would definitely say no.

Houston seems pretty content to just let this run out at least one more year and figure out where their kid's ceiling are at. and I would assume that Jalen Green has a far higher risk of changing teams than Alpy in practice by next off-season anyway. They have other perimeter prospects.

I suspect Charlotte is also not in the mood to make huge swings at this point anyway. they'll let the new coach / owners settle in a bit at least, and see what they have in Miller and other picks, and see if Lamelo can get back healthy etc.
The river of time wash away all heroes
picko
Starter
And1: 3,440

Post#26 » by picko » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:00 am

I don't even think the trade is legal unless Houston sends a lot more money back. Although maybe I'm wrong.

Anyway, Houston would certainly say no. I doubt they'd even given it any meaningful consideration.

Melo might be sitting on one of the league's worst contracts given his injury history.
Trey24
Sixth Man
And1: 2,032

Post#27 » by Trey24 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:29 am

Both teams probably say no.
JJ_PR
Analyst
And1: 2,828

Post#28 » by JJ_PR » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:17 pm

LarsV8 wrote:That is tough with Ball always being injured.

And FVV is more than a throw in.

But you're getting LaMelo, who plays the same position.

I think both sides get something good out of this trade. Mark Williams is a heckuva prospect.

Return to Trades and Transactions