Pelicans/Hornets draft night trade

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,742

Pelicans/Hornets draft night trade 

Post#1 » by JustBuzzin » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:40 am

Pelicans trade: Trey Murphy III/#14 pick

Hornets trade: Tre Mann/Top 3 pick

Pelicans basically trade up to draft a pg Topic. Watching them all season and it's clear they need a pg. They have been in the market for a pg for years. Topic is the projected top pg in this draft. They trade one of their young wings for a true pg.

Hornets basically trade back while also getting a good young established player in Trey Murphy III. You could argue Murphy is better than anyone in this draft. They also get the #14 pick and pick up another depth player.

Is this fair value for both teams?
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,964

Re: Pelicans/Hornets draft night trade 

Post#2 » by Colbinii » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:49 am

I wouldn't trade Murphy III for a Top 3 pick in this draft.

I'd rather do this with Ingram, where it is just Ingram for Top 3 pick.

New Orleans drafts Clingan, a legitimate DPOY prospect while Charlotte extends Ingram on the Max and rolls with Ball/Miller/Ingram/Williams/Williams as they become the new Chicago with a higher ceiling.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#3 » by JustBuzzin » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:09 am

Colbinii wrote:I wouldn't trade Murphy III for a Top 3 pick in this draft.

I'd rather do this with Ingram, where it is just Ingram for Top 3 pick.

New Orleans drafts Clingan, a legitimate DPOY prospect while Charlotte extends Ingram on the Max and rolls with Ball/Miller/Ingram/Williams/Williams as they become the new Chicago with a higher ceiling.

I don't think we can take on Ingram's contract.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,543

Post#4 » by HornetJail » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:10 am

Colbinii wrote:I'd rather do this with Ingram, where it is just Ingram for Top 3 pick.

If he's willing to take a reasonable extension (3 years $110M?), that's a gamble I'd be willing to take tbh. Can't say I'm all that excited by him on a max extension though, I don't know that he's that caliber of player even if he played all 82.

I think we'd need to shed Grant for a late 1st to make the salaries manageable with LaMelo, Bridges, and Ingram in place (if Bridges walks, the cap is not remotely an issue). You can absolutely sell me on a LaMelo/Miller/Ingram/Bridges/Mark Williams starting five even though you've got three pretty significant injury risks. How else do we add talent?
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#5 » by JustBuzzin » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:05 am

HornetJail wrote:
Colbinii wrote:I'd rather do this with Ingram, where it is just Ingram for Top 3 pick.

If he's willing to take a reasonable extension (3 years $110M?), that's a gamble I'd be willing to take tbh. Can't say I'm all that excited by him on a max extension though, I don't know that he's that caliber of player even if he played all 82.

I think we'd need to shed Grant for a late 1st to make the salaries manageable with LaMelo, Bridges, and Ingram in place (if Bridges walks, the cap is not remotely an issue). You can absolutely sell me on a LaMelo/Miller/Ingram/Bridges/Mark Williams starting five even though you've got three pretty significant injury risks. How else do we add talent?

Sounds good, but I don't agree with keeping Miles.

LaMelo with Miller/Ingram on the wings is enough scoring. We need to add a defensive type player at pf.

Maybe draft Sarr.

Melo/Miller/Ingram with Sarr/Mark sounds much better imo.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,660

Post#6 » by yosemiteben » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:27 am

You're drafting Sarr with the pick you just traded to NO?
lordjeff05
Veteran
And1: 767

Post#7 » by lordjeff05 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:12 pm

Yeah Pels say no. Trey's developmental timeline is more in line with the current team they have and no one in the draft is exciting enough to jsutify the pick..
esvl
Bench Warmer
And1: 381

Post#8 » by esvl » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:17 pm

I think it is a good proposal for both teams. Topic is legit. Murphy fits Charlotte’s roster.
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,563

Post#9 » by BarbaGrizz » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:19 pm

Any interest in Kennard + Memphis pick for Trey Murphy if Clingan is still available at #7?
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
lordjeff05
Veteran
And1: 767

Post#10 » by lordjeff05 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:27 pm

BarbaGrizz wrote:Any interest in Kennard + Memphis pick for Trey Murphy if Clingan is still available at #7?

I dont think we trade Trey for a pick at all unless we begin a full rebuild. Here's the thing...we go with the status quo and keep BI and Z next year, then we keep Trey. We trade either Zion or BI we keep Trey and he slides in to the starting spot. He's just a really complimentary player no matter who you put him with and he's a big wing which you cna never have enough of.
Euphonetiks
Pro Prospect
And1: 337

Post#11 » by Euphonetiks » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:45 pm

esvl wrote:I think it is a good proposal for both teams. Topic is legit. Murphy fits Charlotte’s roster.

:lol: Murphy fits everyone’s roster.

Return to Trades and Transactions