Offers for Brandon Ingram?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Astaluego
Freshman
And1: 23

Re: Offers for Brandon Ingram? 

Post#61 » by Astaluego » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:10 pm

lordjeff05 wrote:Cam Johnson coming up is interesting to me...what about a 3 way trade with Cam and assets going to Minnesota, BI going to Brooklyn and KAT coming to New Orleans.

The fit seems ideal on paper...but they want NOP to pay KAT 50 million...? What happens with Murphy's new contract, will they also pay him...? and with the Point Guard position, will CJ also stay...?... ..KAT is good but I don't think he's worth anywhere near his new contract especially with the games he misses...(sending KAT to the Magic makes a lot of sense to me).. for NOP and Ingram would call the Pacers for Turner + Nembhard.. Pacers retain J.Smith
Old Mike Lorenzo
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,122

Post#62 » by zimpy27 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:45 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
Astaluego wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:Ingram+ for Mitchell

That would be a gift for some large market teams preparing for FA 25 (Nets/Lakers?). I don't see either of them extending their new destination (maybe Ingram if they pay him his maximum, which would be a problem in itself. same)

Has to be something around…

To Nets: Mitchell + Ingram

To Cavs: Bridges+

To Pels: Cameron Johnson+

What about...

Nets get Mitchell+Ingram
Cavs get CamJ+FRP
Pels get Claxton

I think Pels need a C upgrade
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,229

Post#63 » by jbk1234 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:57 pm

Residual-Heat wrote:Ingram for Garland trade? Pelicans would need to add something and bench CJ.

Zero chance. Maybe, you could build something around Allen and LeVert, but the Cavs would need a legitimate backup center after that.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#64 » by jbk1234 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:00 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
Astaluego wrote:That would be a gift for some large market teams preparing for FA 25 (Nets/Lakers?). I don't see either of them extending their new destination (maybe Ingram if they pay him his maximum, which would be a problem in itself. same)

What about...

Nets get Mitchell+Ingram
Cavs get CamJ+FRP
Pels get Claxton

That's awful for the Cavs. Like, go ahead and bring Mitchell back for another season and trade him at the deadline if necessary bad.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,249

Post#65 » by amcoolio » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:10 pm

The Pelicans sure do have a lot of "high value" players for constantly missing the playoffs
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 4,004

Post#66 » by wolves_89 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:01 am

Colbinii wrote:
esvl wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Watching him get benched for Murphy and his bad body language he's basically gone this offseason. He just doesn't fit with Zion
Who should trade for Ingram?

I would rather trade Zion because he does not fit with Ingram.

Lol what? Zion is 10x the player Ingram will ever be.

Zion is clearly the better player, but I think it's questionable if a team can rely on him to be healthy enough to ever make a deep playoff run. This is his 5th season and it looks he will end it still having not played a single game in a playoff series.
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 4,004

Post#67 » by wolves_89 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:10 am

jredsaz wrote:Wolves get Ingram, ‘25 & ‘27 1st (Pels or Bucks)
Pels get KAT

Pels get a great match next to Zion. Wolves balance their roster with a needed wing.

I can't see the Wolves having any interest in an expiring Ingram. Also, Minnesota doesn't have all that much need for a fairly expensive wing with Ant/McDaniels/NAW on the roster.
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,515

Post#68 » by Wolveswin » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:04 am

zimpy27 wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
Astaluego wrote:That would be a gift for some large market teams preparing for FA 25 (Nets/Lakers?). I don't see either of them extending their new destination (maybe Ingram if they pay him his maximum, which would be a problem in itself. same)

What about...

Nets get Mitchell+Ingram
Cavs get CamJ+FRP
Pels get Claxton

lol come on man. Take out Bridges is cringy.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#69 » by zimpy27 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:17 am

Wolveswin wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:Has to be something around…

What about...

Nets get Mitchell+Ingram
Cavs get CamJ+FRP
Pels get Claxton

I don't think Bridges is moved. I do think Ingram to Cavs and Mitchell to Nets is better.

Maybe this is it:

Cavs get Ingram

Nets get Mitchell

Pelicans get CamJ+Claxton
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,515

Post#70 » by Wolveswin » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:22 am

zimpy27 wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

What about...

Nets get Mitchell+Ingram
Cavs get CamJ+FRP
Pels get Claxton

I don't think Bridges is moved. I do think Ingram to Cavs and Mitchell to Nets is better.

Maybe this is it:

Cavs get Ingram

Nets get Mitchell

Why would Cavs do that? Are you expecting back channels Ingram agrees to stay in Cleveland?

If Cavs move Mitchell it will be for security. Not another flight risk.
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,027

Post#71 » by Residual-Heat » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:59 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Residual-Heat wrote:Ingram for Garland trade? Pelicans would need to add something and bench CJ.

Zero chance. Maybe, you could build something around Allen and LeVert, but the Cavs would need a legitimate backup center after that.

I just see Cavs fans saying they want a SF in return, and i dont think there will be a better SF available. :dontknow: I think he is becoming underrated on this board. He has his injury issues and he is on an expiring contract, but I still think he's a very good player.
ADMVP
Rookie
And1: 817

Post#72 » by ADMVP » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:33 am

I think Ingram is definitely underrated on this board.
Det313Pound
Sophomore
And1: 54

Post#73 » by Det313Pound » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:42 am

Pistons Offer Duren and a 2nd for Ingram.

Pels get a young Center to replace Val
Pistons Get a scoring Forward
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#74 » by zimpy27 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:50 am

Wolveswin wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:lol come on man. Take out Bridges is cringy.

Maybe this is it:

Cavs get Ingram

Nets get Mitchell

Why would Cavs do that? Are you expecting back channels Ingram agrees to stay in Cleveland?

I think Ingram is a better fit with Garland than Mitchell.

I also think Ingram will be kept with a max deal offer and Mitchell won't.
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,331

Post#75 » by Mr Peanut » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:32 am

TimeisIllmatic wrote:I'd like to see the Pistons add Ingram.

Ivey + Stewart + '24 1st [Pistons would have to draft who the Pelicans want], future 1st would probably be the offer.

Depending on where the Pistons pick lands, they could end up with a player like Sarr.

Would be open to this if there was some deal in place to re-sign Ingram given he's essentially an expiring. If the pick this year ends up being the first pick then I don't think we need to add the future first rounder, however if it's more in the 4-5 range than it would seem reasonable to throw in a top 4 protected 2029 1st (the earliest we would be able to trade).

However, if KAT was on the trade block for a similar deal to the above then I would take him instead.
schaffy
Sixth Man
And1: 160

Post#76 » by schaffy » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:08 am

lordjeff05 wrote:Cam Johnson coming up is interesting to me...what about a 3 way trade with Cam and assets going to Minnesota, BI going to Brooklyn and KAT coming to New Orleans.
Unless "Assets" is a better player than Cam there's no way the Wolves are doing that. A bench forward and draft picks isn't getting that done. They would likely want players not picks, they are trying to win now.

Sent from my SM-S901U using RealGM mobile app
axeman23
Analyst
And1: 3,107

Post#77 » by axeman23 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:27 am

zimpy27 wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

Maybe this is it:

Cavs get Ingram

Nets get Mitchell

Of COURSE Ingram could be kept with a max deal: It's a clear and significant OVER-PAY! No interest for me, without value added from N.O, max deal or not.
lordjeff05
Veteran
And1: 768

Post#78 » by lordjeff05 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:35 am

Astaluego wrote:

The fit seems ideal on paper...but they want NOP to pay KAT 50 million...? What happens with Murphy's new contract, will they also pay him...? and with the Point Guard position, will CJ also stay...?... ..KAT is good but I don't think he's worth anywhere near his new contract especially with the games he misses...(sending KAT to the Magic makes a lot of sense to me).. for NOP and Ingram would call the Pacers for Turner + Nembhard.. Pacers retain J.Smith

I think CJ would get moved in his last year. I’m not convinced the team needs to commit to a point guard if Zion and Kat are starting. A connector like Dyson should suffice. And yeah I think they pay Trey.
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,745

Post#79 » by DowJones » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:27 am

axeman23 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:Why would Cavs do that? Are you expecting back channels Ingram agrees to stay in Cleveland?

Of COURSE Ingram could be kept with a max deal: It's a clear and significant OVER-PAY! No interest for me, without value added from N.O, max deal or not.

I think the extra value needs to come from Brooklyn. I don't think Cam and Claxton is enough to get Mitchell. Maybe send 1 PHX first to Cleveland and the other to New Orleans. I would need to be sure that Ingram resigns to do this and I am not sure how Cleveland can get that guarantee.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#80 » by jbk1234 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:17 pm

Residual-Heat wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

I just see Cavs fans saying they want a SF in return, and i dont think there will be a better SF available. :dontknow: I think he is becoming underrated on this board. He has his injury issues and he is on an expiring contract, but I still think he's a very good player.

The Cavs may have to consider moving Mitchell this summer. They have no reason to move Darius Garland.
cbosh4mvp wrote:

Return to Trades and Transactions