Offers for Brandon Ingram?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,521

Re: Offers for Brandon Ingram? 

Post#81 » by Wolveswin » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:33 pm

To Hornets: Lonzo Ball + #21 (Pels 1st)

To Pelicans: White + #11 (Bulls 1st)

To Bulls: Ingram + Hornets filler (Micic?)

All in move by Bulls. A team that should blow it up goes for it to find out what LaVine and Ingram can do.

Vucevic
Williams
Ingram
LaVine
Caruso
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,751

Post#82 » by DowJones » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:49 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Residual-Heat wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Zero chance. Maybe, you could build something around Allen and LeVert, but the Cavs would need a legitimate backup center after that.

I just see Cavs fans saying they want a SF in return, and i dont think there will be a better SF available. :dontknow: I think he is becoming underrated on this board. He has his injury issues and he is on an expiring contract, but I still think he's a very good player.

The Cavs may have to consider moving Mitchell this summer. They have no reason to move Darius Garland.

I think any talk about trading Garland has to be on the assumption that Mitchell returns. If Mitchell returns and I am certain Ingram sticks around, I would really consider a Garland for Ingram swap with maybe an additional first rounder coming back to Cleveland. I think Mitchell-Strus-Ingram makes more sense than Garland-Mitchell-Strus.
lordjeff05
Veteran
And1: 768

Post#83 » by lordjeff05 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:16 pm

Garland is a great player, and I'm sure that he'd get Zion some easy looks that he hasn't seen since Lonzo left. However...I see how these smaller guys get picked on in the playoffs and Im just not sure I want to build in having to play a small guard for the majority of the game. Yeah CJ is smaller but he is exactly what I mean. And the concept of playing Garland and CJ just costs you WAY too much defensive integrity.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,333

Post#84 » by babyjax13 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:20 pm

Wiggins + Podziemski + Moody + Santos + 2027 GSW 1st (unprotected)
for
Ingram

For an expiring Ingram that seems like a good offer? New Orleans gets a guard who can shoot, pass, and rebound to compliment their existing young core (Podz) + adds a nice 3+D 2/3 in Moody + a high upside 2027 1st and returns a rotation-level forward (on a bad contract) in Wiggins.

The Warriors make a push to contend one more time. They hurt their depth, but Ingram gives them a bit of a 'poor-man's KD' to insert into their team. They can look for trades with some of their other assets to see if meaningful upgrades would be available at other positions.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,691

Post#85 » by penbeast0 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:26 pm

Residual-Heat wrote:Ingram for Garland trade? Pelicans would need to add something and bench CJ.

Pels could add CJ to Ingram which would give the Cavs a superior 3rd guard (assuming Mitchell resigns of course), sending back Garland and LeVert and a roughly 10 million dollar salary to make it work (Okoro fits in the trade checker but he's expiring). Pels probably still owe considering Ingrams salary and injury history but CJ is just a clearly better player than LeVert with the Cavs being competitive right now so that might help cut the gap.
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,241

Post#86 » by jbk1234 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:24 pm

DowJones wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Residual-Heat wrote:I just see Cavs fans saying they want a SF in return, and i dont think there will be a better SF available. :dontknow: I think he is becoming underrated on this board. He has his injury issues and he is on an expiring contract, but I still think he's a very good player.

The Cavs may have to consider moving Mitchell this summer. They have no reason to move Darius Garland.

I think any talk about trading Garland has to be on the assumption that Mitchell returns. If Mitchell returns and I am certain Ingram sticks around, I would really consider a Garland for Ingram swap with maybe an additional first rounder coming back to Cleveland. I think Mitchell-Strus-Ingram makes more sense than Garland-Mitchell-Strus.

The advantage to having Garland and Mitchell in the same back court is that the other team needs to pick their poison. You can't assign your best defender to both of them. You can't simultaneously tilt the defense towards both of them. You give that up and it comes at a real cost.

Assuming we get by the Magic, I really want to see how the Celtics handle our backcourt before even considering a move like that.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,073

Post#87 » by tidho » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:56 pm

jbk1234 wrote:...Assuming we get by the Magic, I really want to see how the Celtics handle our backcourt before even considering a move like that.

:lol:

I'm sure it's been said in this thread but Mitchell -4- Ingram+ is a good direction for CLE, just need guys agreeing to do it.
Xman
Assistant Coach
And1: 367

Post#88 » by Xman » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:57 pm

Ingram, Herb and picks (what is fair - 17 and 21?).
for
Mitchell (and Niang as salary fodder)
- NO could send DDaniels instead of Herb.

NO
pg - CJ, Alvarado
sg - Mitchell, DDaniels, Hawkins
sf - TMurphy, Naji
pf - Zion, Nance
c - JVal, Zeller

CLE
pg - Garland
sg - Ingram, Strus, LeVert
sf - Herb
pf - Mobley
c - Allen

Seems like there are a lot of pieces that could make a deal work - with Ingram/Mitchell swap as backbone of the deal.

A CJ/Mitchell backcourt would be scary in the playoffs. Especially with Murphy sniping on the wing.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,241

Post#89 » by jbk1234 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:47 pm

tidho wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:...Assuming we get by the Magic, I really want to see how the Celtics handle our backcourt before even considering a move like that.

:lol:

I'm sure it's been said in this thread but Mitchell -4- Ingram+ is a good direction for CLE, just need guys agreeing to do it.

I like Ingram, a lot better than some of other SFs who can't shoot and have their names thrown into trade discussions, but he's simply not as good as Mitchell. I'm not yet at a place where I'm convinced that the downside to a Garland/Mitchell backcourt is outweighed by the benefits. If we get run out of the gym by the Celtics, I'm open to revisiting that position. I just don't see it as a foregone conclusion.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,533

Post#90 » by jayjaysee » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:51 pm

is there a deal around Ingram/CJM for Trae/Capela?

The roster fit isn’t perfect for Atlanta, definitely.. But NOP could be the top bidder, yeah? Say between 3 and 5 firsts depending which team you cheer for?

And you could make it work with the right third team.. But Murray and McCollum could play together a good chunk, Hunter goes to the bench or gets traded for a big..

And NOP just runs all defense around Zion/Trey/Trae..

If Ingram sticks around, you can add another piece using CJM and/or Hunter as salary filler after the 2025 season.. If Ingram walks, you can decide between Realgm’ing (Murray for the 2026/2027 swap/first) or just low level treadmill for two years with a good amount of youth.. or free agency 2025...
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,751

Post#91 » by DowJones » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:30 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
DowJones wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

The advantage to having Garland and Mitchell in the same back court is that the other team needs to pick their poison. You can't assign your best defender to both of them. You can't simultaneously tilt the defense towards both of them. You give that up and it comes at a real cost.

Assuming we get by the Magic, I really want to see how the Celtics handle our backcourt before even considering a move like that.

But what if this isn’t true? What if Darius Garland simply can’t be that type of scoring threat? I personally think he can, but I would be lying if I said he proved any of that this season.
Xman
Assistant Coach
And1: 367

Post#92 » by Xman » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:43 pm

[quote="jayjaysee"]is there a deal around Ingram/CJM for Trae/Capela?

The roster fit isn’t perfect for Atlanta, definitely.. But NOP could be the top bidder, yeah? Say between 3 and 5 firsts depending which team you cheer for?

And you could make it work with the right third team.. But Murray and McCollum could play together a good chunk, Hunter goes to the bench or gets traded for a big..

If Ingram sticks around, you can add another piece using CJM and/or Hunter as salary filler after the 2025 season.. If Ingram walks, you can decide between Realgm’ing (Murray for the 2026/2027 swap/first) or just low level treadmill for two years with a good amount of youth.. or free agency 2025...[/quote]

I like that idea. ATL could then deal Hunter for cap space or big man depth.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,229

Post#93 » by ProcessDoctor » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:18 pm

Someone draw up a trade of him into Philly's cap space.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Payne/Downtin
Maxey/Melton/Hield
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,864

Post#94 » by giberish » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:05 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:Someone draw up a trade of him into Philly's cap space.

Outside of cap space, what does Philly really have available to trade? Obviously not having to take back an unwanted contract (even if just an EC) is an advantage but I expect NO wants more than just immediate salary relief for Ingram.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#95 » by jayjaysee » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:28 pm

Harris to Detroit, Ingram to Philly, Murray to NOP, 3 future firsts from Philly to Atlanta

And fill in whatever blanks if you think Ingram is worth it. Let’s Philly keep their other free agents and maybe pull a PF with some salary and this years first? Looking like DFS, but maybe there’s a better option
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#96 » by jayjaysee » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:31 pm

Xman wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:is there a deal around Ingram/CJM for Trae/Capela?

If Ingram sticks around, you can add another piece using CJM and/or Hunter as salary filler after the 2025 season.. If Ingram walks, you can decide between Realgm’ing (Murray for the 2026/2027 swap/first) or just low level treadmill for two years with a good amount of youth.. or free agency 2025...

yeah trade Hunter if you’re matching Bey or keep Hunter if you’re losing Bey.. Hunter really looks better as a 3rd forward anyways.. But if you’re keeping Bey, that money is better spent else where.
Astaluego
Freshman
And1: 26

Post#97 » by Astaluego » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:02 pm

jayjaysee wrote:
Xman wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:is there a deal around Ingram/CJM for Trae/Capela?

yeah trade Hunter if you’re matching Bey or keep Hunter if you’re losing Bey.. Hunter really looks better as a 3rd forward anyways.. But if you’re keeping Bey, that money is better spent else where.

Bey tore the cruciate ligament in his knee...I wouldn't count on him next year... As for Ingram, a direct change for Murray I think makes sense
Old Mike Lorenzo
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#98 » by jayjaysee » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:32 pm

Astaluego wrote:Bey tore the cruciate ligament in his knee...I wouldn't count on him next year... As for Ingram, a direct change for Murray I think makes sense

Forgot about Bey’s injury.

I like Murray/Ingram based deals. Think both sides need reshuffling after, but I like the fit for both sides.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,512

Post#99 » by dms269 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:49 am

jayjaysee wrote:
Astaluego wrote:Bey tore the cruciate ligament in his knee...I wouldn't count on him next year... As for Ingram, a direct change for Murray I think makes sense

Forgot about Bey’s injury.

I like Murray/Ingram based deals. Think both sides need reshuffling after, but I like the fit for both sides.
I don't see it making a ton of sense for Atlanta. You have to worry about Ingram leaving or commanding too much. I also question his off ball capabilities. We struggled this year with both Trae and DJM doing too much iso when they got the ball, I invision the same with Ingram.

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,715

Post#100 » by Sactowndog » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:51 am

One interesting trade (and I’m not sure of value) might be Sabonis for Ingram.

Why for Pels: Sabonis point center skills would fit well on the Pels who lack a true point guard. Pels have the length to cover for Sabonis issues. Sabonis dribble hand off with CJ and Murphy would be tough to stop. Not many teams would have players strong enough to stop Sabonis and Zion.

Why for the Kings:
Decide the Fox/Sabonis pairing won’t work. Get longer in adding Ingram. Cap space with Ingram. Open up the basket more for Fox to attack.

Return to Trades and Transactions