Offers for Brandon Ingram?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,618

Re: Offers for Brandon Ingram? 

Post#101 » by NYG » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:59 am

I say keep it simple... Capela/Dejounte for Nance/Ingram
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,249

Post#102 » by jbk1234 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:54 am

DowJones wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
DowJones wrote:
I think any talk about trading Garland has to be on the assumption that Mitchell returns. If Mitchell returns and I am certain Ingram sticks around, I would really consider a Garland for Ingram swap with maybe an additional first rounder coming back to Cleveland. I think Mitchell-Strus-Ingram makes more sense than Garland-Mitchell-Strus.

The advantage to having Garland and Mitchell in the same back court is that the other team needs to pick their poison. You can't assign your best defender to both of them. You can't simultaneously tilt the defense towards both of them. You give that up and it comes at a real cost.

Assuming we get by the Magic, I really want to see how the Celtics handle our backcourt before even considering a move like that.

But what if this isn’t true? What if Darius Garland simply can’t be that type of scoring threat? I personally think he can, but I would be lying if I said he proved any of that this season.

I think it depends on whether you credit any of Mobley and Allen's points to Garland. There's a reason the Magic assigned Suggs to Garland. It's actually easier as a team to defend one guy, even if he's an elite scorer, than three.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,073

Post#103 » by tidho » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:22 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
tidho wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:...Assuming we get by the Magic, I really want to see how the Celtics handle our backcourt before even considering a move like that.

:lol:

I'm sure it's been said in this thread but Mitchell -4- Ingram+ is a good direction for CLE, just need guys agreeing to do it.

I like Ingram, a lot better than some of other SFs who can't shoot and have their names thrown into trade discussions, but he's simply not as good as Mitchell. I'm not yet at a place where I'm convinced that the downside to a Garland/Mitchell backcourt is outweighed by the benefits. If we get run out of the gym by the Celtics, I'm open to revisiting that position. I just don't see it as a foregone conclusion.

That's very optimistic of you. Let's hope we get there to see what happens to us once and for all. Sooner we move on the better as far as I'm concerned (but that's no secret).
lordjeff05
Veteran
And1: 768

Post#104 » by lordjeff05 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:41 pm

This might get me killed by my fellow Pels fans but... I think I'd trade BI straight up for Deandre Ayton. He had a slow start this year but he can defend, rebound and score. He's also one of the best mid range catch and shoot players in the game which I think can open up some stuff for Zion. It frees up a starting spot for Murphy, let's us resign Naji and gives some flexibility with whoever we get in the draft.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,567

Post#105 » by Devilanche » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:45 pm

lordjeff05 wrote:This might get me killed by my fellow Pels fans but... I think I'd trade BI straight up for Deandre Ayton. He had a slow start this year but he can defend, rebound and score. He's also one of the best mid range catch and shoot players in the game which I think can open up some stuff for Zion. It frees up a starting spot for Murphy, let's us resign Naji and gives some flexibility with whoever we get in the draft.

Non New Orleans nor Portland fans here but that is quite a crazy trade. Straight up !
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,333

Post#106 » by babyjax13 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:25 pm

lordjeff05 wrote:This might get me killed by my fellow Pels fans but... I think I'd trade BI straight up for Deandre Ayton. He had a slow start this year but he can defend, rebound and score. He's also one of the best mid range catch and shoot players in the game which I think can open up some stuff for Zion. It frees up a starting spot for Murphy, let's us resign Naji and gives some flexibility with whoever we get in the draft.

Ayton has a good stretch every year and the rest of the season is absolute ass. I think Portland would need to attach a pick or two just to move him for an expiring.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
NCHeels2008
RealGM
And1: 2,628

Post#107 » by NCHeels2008 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:36 pm

Just came in for my victory lap when I got hate for saying he has equal value to Siakam before the Indy trade
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,249

Post#108 » by jbk1234 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:39 pm

NCHeels2008 wrote:Just came in for my victory lap when I got hate for saying he has equal value to Siakam before the Indy trade

Um, he hasn't been traded yet. A little early for a victory lap.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
NYG
RealGM

Post#109 » by NYG » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:27 am

I'm not sure that the Pelicans would get a better player than Brandon Ingram in a Brandon Ingram trade.

I'm also not sure the Pelicans would downgrade talent right now for fit.
NYG
RealGM

Post#110 » by NYG » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:49 am

Collin Sexton, John Collins + Picks for Brandon Ingram and Larry Nance Jr.?
Jkam31
Head Coach
And1: 5,676

Post#111 » by Jkam31 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:12 am

Harrison Barnes, Kevin Huerter, 2024 first round pick and 2027 first

New Orleans gets to vets one being an elite shooter that would lead the second unit while they start Murphy and jones
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,537

Post#112 » by jayjaysee » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:44 am

If his value is as low as the thread is getting, Dallas should definitely check in. I feel like we’ve swing back too far after some considered him a true star.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,553

Post#113 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:08 pm

Wow people are low on his value huh?

I do think he's leaving in FA though so NOP should trade even before the other reasons. Maybe shell out some picks to trade him for Trae, although their stash isn't what it used to be.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,041

Post#114 » by Colbinii » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:25 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:Wow people are low on his value huh?

Why wouldn't you be? He is like a Top 50-ish player in the Regular Season and is complete Ass against any sort of physical defender. He has a terrible track record against good defensive pieces and there are legitimate question marks surrounding his attitude and ability to buy-in to a team concept when it isn't about him [See Team USA].

He is like Prime DeRozan--a wing who puts up good volume statistic, isn't a major needle mover and is an afterthought when you need a leader.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,553

Post#115 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:42 pm

The perfect trade for New Orleans would be to deal Ingram for a PG, they have the wings to replace Ingram, and McCollum can be 6th man. However the PG market is looking worse these days than in 2010s glory days. Do players like Tyus, Sexton and Russell now have more value than expected? Maybe Kuzma and Tyus for Ingram is what Pelicans need? (although does Washington do that?)

Colbinii wrote:

Why wouldn't you be? He is like a Top 50-ish player in the Regular Season and is complete Ass against any sort of physical defender. He has a terrible track record against good defensive pieces and there are legitimate question marks surrounding his attitude and ability to buy-in to a team concept when it isn't about him [See Team USA].

He is like Prime DeRozan--a wing who puts up good volume statistic, isn't a major needle mover and is an afterthought when you need a leader.

Yeah but Derozan got traded with Poeltl and a 1st for Kawhi (Then again, I like Derozan's intangibles a lot more than Ingram and he had been top 2 on consistent 50 W team, plus 2018 NBA was higher on midrange)
tcheco
Sixth Man
And1: 1,126

Post#116 » by tcheco » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:12 pm

is it just me or Ingram just looks like the biggest stoner in the league?

Anyways, his value has been descreasing by the day, if pelicans can find the right suitor they should trade him. DJM + capela might be enough, I believe it actually makes sense for Atlanta if they think they can re-sign him
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 770

Post#117 » by HadAnEffectHere » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:15 pm

Ingram has played way too badly for the Pels to trade this offseason and him being a UFA makes his trade value even lower. They need to extend him this offseason and try to trade him at the deadline for a C or PG.

The issue is that Ingram will ask for a 30% max for his extension and that becomes a bit difficult to trade for good value.
tester551
Analyst
And1: 820

Post#118 » by tester551 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:19 pm

tcheco wrote:is it just me or Ingram just looks like the biggest stoner in the league?

Anyways, his value has been descreasing by the day, if pelicans can find the right suitor they should trade him. DJM + capela might be enough, I believe it actually makes sense for Atlanta if they think they can re-sign him

Not just you...

If Atlanta is offering DJM + Capela, the Pels should take that & run.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,041

Post#119 » by Colbinii » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:23 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:The perfect trade for New Orleans would be to deal Ingram for a PG, they have the wings to replace Ingram, and McCollum can be 6th man. However the PG market is looking worse these days than in 2010s glory days. Do players like Tyus, Sexton and Russell now have more value than expected? Maybe Kuzma and Tyus for Ingram is what Pelicans need? (although does Washington do that?)

Colbinii wrote:

Yeah but Derozan got traded with Poeltl and a 1st for Kawhi (Then again, I like Derozan's intangibles a lot more than Ingram and he had been top 2 on consistent 50 W team, plus 2018 NBA was higher on midrange)

Ingram + Daniels + 1st(s) for a disgruntled star?
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,791

Post#120 » by gswhoops » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:29 pm

babyjax13 wrote:Wiggins + Podziemski + Moody + Santos + 2027 GSW 1st (unprotected)
for
Ingram

For an expiring Ingram that seems like a good offer? New Orleans gets a guard who can shoot, pass, and rebound to compliment their existing young core (Podz) + adds a nice 3+D 2/3 in Moody + a high upside 2027 1st and returns a rotation-level forward (on a bad contract) in Wiggins.

The Warriors make a push to contend one more time. They hurt their depth, but Ingram gives them a bit of a 'poor-man's KD' to insert into their team. They can look for trades with some of their other assets to see if meaningful upgrades would be available at other positions.

I like this from our perspective. Ingram is the #2 option we desperately need. We'd definitely need to pick up some depth but the Curry/Klay/BI/Kuminga/Dray lineup would be really fun.

TJD/Looney
Draymond/Kuminga
Ingram
Klay/GP2
Curry

I'm not sure this is enough for NO though, even with Ingram's depressed value.

Return to Trades and Transactions