GS - SAC - SA

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,580

GS - SAC - SA 

Post#1 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:28 pm

GS out: Wiggins, Moody
GS in: Huerter, Sasha Vezenkov

SAC out: Barnes, Huerter, Sasha
SAC in: Wiggins, Moody

SA out: top 55 2nd
SA in: Harrison Barnes

Why for Warriors? Klay should be gone. Get a cheaper younger replacement who should fit great off Curry. Between Klay/CP3 and this swap the team cap becomes a whole lot more manageable. Sasha should be a sniper off the bench for these guys.
Curry - Huerter - JK - Dray - Trayce
GP - Pod - Sasha - Looney

Why for Sac? Wiggins is coming off a bad season, but this a gamble that he needs a change. Reunited with Mike Brown who used him perfectly on defense. Moody is insurance in case Monk bolts, but could have a role even with him here.
Fox - Keon - Wiggins - Keegan - Sabonis
Mitchell - Monk* - Moody - Lyles - Len

Why for SA? Pop has always spoken very highly of Barnes. The team is stocked with young talent but lacking winning vets. They lost a lot of close games. They will add another top draft pick and time to start adding a few winning vets.

SA could be swapped here for a number of teams. Detroit, Philly, OKC all come to mind.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,775

Re: GS - SAC - SA 

Post#2 » by gswhoops » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:34 pm

We don't need to pay to dump Wiggins to get under the tax, especially if (as in the OP) neither Klay nor CP3 are returning. I'd rather just keep our guys here.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,665

Post#3 » by Coxy » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:00 pm

Not exactly the move the Warriors will be wanting to make this offseason. They'll be bigger fish hunting than a guy like Huerter.
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,071

Post#4 » by DonaldSanders » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:24 pm

Warriors can't hang up the phone fast enough
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,937

Post#5 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:29 pm

assuming the actual organization doesn't have the ill will towards Harry Barnes that some of the fanbase does, they'd be better off cutting out SA and finding a way to dump Vez on a 3rd team. Wiggins in theory might be better than Barnes/Huerter but the latter duo offers a consistency they could actually use. Plus it definitely allows them to just let Klay go which they should do.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,775

Post#6 » by gswhoops » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:47 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:assuming the actual organization doesn't have the ill will towards Harry Barnes that some of the fanbase does, they'd be better off cutting out SA and finding a way to dump Vez on a 3rd team. Wiggins in theory might be better than Barnes/Huerter but the latter duo offers a consistency they could actually use. Plus it definitely allows them to just let Klay go which they should do.

I feel like you could just basically swap HB and Vez in the original deal (with some minor incentive to SA) and slap a bow on it
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#7 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:25 am

gswhoops wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:assuming the actual organization doesn't have the ill will towards Harry Barnes that some of the fanbase does, they'd be better off cutting out SA and finding a way to dump Vez on a 3rd team. Wiggins in theory might be better than Barnes/Huerter but the latter duo offers a consistency they could actually use. Plus it definitely allows them to just let Klay go which they should do.

I feel like you could just basically swap HB and Vez in the original deal (with some minor incentive to SA) and slap a bow on it

I avoided this because GS fans have always told me under no circumstances will they want Barnes back.
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,145

Post#8 » by OxAndFox » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:33 am

gswhoops wrote:

Then why not just cut SA out altogether.
Just do Barnes/Huerter for Wiggins/Moody.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,246

Post#9 » by blind prophet » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:38 am

I'm open to a Wiggins deal, not thrilled about one however.

One thing often overlooked about HB is he seldom misses games.
CraftylikeaFox
Sixth Man
And1: 2,249

Post#10 » by CraftylikeaFox » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:10 pm

I don't think Huerter has much value. He's looking more and more like a bench player than a starter and has a habit of spiraling over multiple games to the point he becomes unplayable. From an unbiased point of view if I was a fan of another team I wouldn't want Huerter, at least for anything more value than a 2nd round pick.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,567

Post#11 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:20 pm

I'd honestly rather replace Klay with Moody than with Huerter. There's certainly some risk involved there, but we need to take some risk at this point.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#12 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:34 pm

CraftylikeaFox wrote:I don't think Huerter has much value. He's looking more and more like a bench player than a starter and has a habit of spiraling over multiple games to the point he becomes unplayable. From an unbiased point of view if I was a fan of another team I wouldn't want Huerter, at least for anything more value than a 2nd round pick.

Honestly I didn't assign much value to him here. Wiggins is on a 3/84 vs Huerter on 2/35. Wiggins IMO didn't earn that contract this year, now he could bounce back but I had that team needing a pretty big change and him apart of it. Had these guys worth about the same.

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:I'd honestly rather replace Klay with Moody than with Huerter. There's certainly some risk involved there, but we need to take some risk at this point.

Looks like I missed the mark on the Moody/Sasha exchange, but that part is totally unnecessary. I figured with GS having Pod/GP/Huerter (in this scenario) he would be the odd man out + Sasha coming in and being a sniper off the bench. But that part can be removed from the Kings end no issues. Not sure that changes the meat of the deal. I just had Huerter as a decent 25 year old shooter who would fit in nicely with Curry while reducing the overall team salary. My numbers may be off but I have this giving the Warriors 15ish million in cap space.

Trayce
Draymond
Kuminga/Moody
Huerter/GP
Curry/Pod
+ 15 million to work with (Hartenstein? Jalen Smith?). A young team around Dray/Curry that should at least be exciting.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,567

Post#13 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:59 pm

LightTheBeam wrote:
Chris Porter's Hair wrote:I'd honestly rather replace Klay with Moody than with Huerter. There's certainly some risk involved there, but we need to take some risk at this point.

Looks like I missed the mark on the Moody/Sasha exchange, but that part is totally unnecessary. I figured with GS having Pod/GP/Huerter (in this scenario) he would be the odd man out + Sasha coming in and being a sniper off the bench. But that part can be removed from the Kings end no issues. Not sure that changes the meat of the deal. I just had Huerter as a decent 25 year old shooter who would fit in nicely with Curry while reducing the overall team salary. My numbers may be off but I have this giving the Warriors 15ish million in cap space.

Trayce
Draymond
Kuminga/Moody
Huerter/GP
Curry/Pod
+ 15 million to work with (Hartenstein? Jalen Smith?). A young team around Dray/Curry that should at least be exciting.

Missing the mark on Moody is understandable, because most of us who watch the Warriors all the time are confused and frustrated by how he is being used/not used. When he *does* play, he shows a lot of good signs. But no matter what he does, it doesn't seem to lead for more opportunity. See: play-in game.

Your altered version ends up just being swapping Wiggins for Huerter, and I wouldn't do that either. At that point the main advantage is saving money, and to be fair it is tough to sell fans on a message board on, "This trade will make you worse, but will save your owner money. Whaddya think?"

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#14 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:32 pm

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:
LightTheBeam wrote:

Trayce
Draymond
Kuminga/Moody
Huerter/GP
Curry/Pod

Missing the mark on Moody is understandable, because most of us who watch the Warriors all the time are confused and frustrated by how he is being used/not used. When he *does* play, he shows a lot of good signs. But no matter what he does, it doesn't seem to lead for more opportunity. See: play-in game.

Your altered version ends up just being swapping Wiggins for Huerter, and I wouldn't do that either. At that point the main advantage is saving money, and to be fair it is tough to sell fans on a message board on, "This trade will make you worse, but will save your owner money. Whaddya think?"

I can understand that from a fans perspective.. I think as positioned the Warriors have made it clear they are going to reduce payroll.

I have it as running it back with Wiggins/Klay vs Huerter + what you do with the 15 million in cap space. I'm not necessarily sure that makes them worse? And I want Kuminga starting and playing 30+ mpg next year.

I respect your opinion on it, I just think a change is in line. Maybe Warriors can do better than Huerter. Be curious to see if he's moved hows hes valued league wide on that contract.

Return to Trades and Transactions