NOP - SAS

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,323

NOP - SAS 

Post#1 » by Godaddycurse » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:30 am

NOP trade: CJ
SAS trade: Collins

Why for SAS: get a veteran PG to feed the ball to Wemby and guide the young team
Why for NOP: free up money for ingram's extension, minutes for daniels, and a ?stretch 5 for zion
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,021

Re: NOP - SAS 

Post#2 » by Residual-Heat » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:46 am

This seems like a bad trade for the Pelicans. It just makes them worse. Not sure Collins is even better than Larry Nance, Daniels also isnt ready to be the starting PG. They would be left with a hole at PG.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,506

Post#3 » by Mavrelous » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:05 am

Makes perfect sense if SAS doesn't go for Trae, I like it a lot.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,219

Post#4 » by jbk1234 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:41 am

The box the Pelicans are in is that, flawed as he may be, they can't trade CJ without getting back someone at least as good. The drop off between CJ and the next best guard is pretty steep on their roster.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
wemby
Senior
And1: 315

Post#5 » by wemby » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:02 am

Quite a downgrade for NOP, for the Spurs it's definitely an improvement but probably takes them out of 2025 free agency, and that could be costly for the Spurs.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,940

Post#6 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:15 pm

I think the team has to choose between CJ and BI this summer. Assuming they choose the younger guy, I don't hate this. I mean to be competitive you need healthy Zion anyway and you will be playing through him so putting bigger guards who defend around him is smart--its how they came back against the Lakers in the play-in.

But for those who think they can't afford to give him up, what about just JV for Collins. Gives Wemby a big physical guy to share the center spot with, that he could play next to. Pels continue to try and play smaller which seems best suitable for their lineup.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Euphonetiks
Pro Prospect
And1: 337

Post#7 » by Euphonetiks » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:15 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:I think the team has to choose between CJ and BI this summer. Assuming they choose the younger guy, I don't hate this. I mean to be competitive you need healthy Zion anyway and you will be playing through him so putting bigger guards who defend around him is smart--its how they came back against the Lakers in the play-in.

But for those who think they can't afford to give him up, what about just JV for Collins. Gives Wemby a big physical guy to share the center spot with, that he could play next to. Pels continue to try and play smaller which seems best suitable for their lineup.

I think Pels would be good with adding Collins in place of JV. CJ for Collins is not something the Pels can do yet. CJ accounted for 23% of our made 3's and 60% of our made pull up 3's. The addition of Collins doesn't make up for that concentration of pereimeter shooting. I think CJ sticks around for at least one more year and hopefully after that Hawkins is ready to take on that shooter's role.

I agree that we should trade CJ or Ingram, but I think Griffin runs it back or kicks the can to the deadline. It will be tight, but we have some room to avoid the tax without trading them if we hold off on extensions and let JV walk. My preference is to trade Ingram and get the Trey contract done before he becomes a starter.

Return to Trades and Transactions