Sexton and Kessler for Young

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,113

Sexton and Kessler for Young 

Post#1 » by jazzfan1971 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:42 pm

I'm wondering how far this is.

Kessler
Sexton
Clarkson
for
Trae
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
HadAnEffectHere
Bench Warmer
And1: 756

Re: Sexton and Kessler for Young 

Post#2 » by HadAnEffectHere » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:45 pm

1. The Hawks are going to want way more for Trae (even though I think this value is fair as I don't like Trae)
2. The Hawks need to trade Trae because Murray is way too tiny to play SG... Sexton is even tinier. Sexton is basically a stronger, more explosive Trae Young who is much much worse at passing.

I do think Kessler to the Hawks has potential this offseason. I assume the Hawks want to dump Capela, but Okongwu is way too small so they would want a bigger center.

The Hawks probably won't trade Trae for less than 3-4 good firsts and a really good player in his prime (so they won't trade him)
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Post#3 » by Mamba4Goat » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:50 pm

I have this as 3-4 firsts off as well as needing either a third team or a follow up trade or two. Kessler doesn’t make sense with Capela and OO and getting one of Sexton or Clarkson makes sense but not both (gotta have Murray, Bogdan, and Bufkin minutes to account for).

I don’t think Trae fits with what the Jazz are going for either. I didn’t watch them much this season but I remember them being a fairly unselfish team last season. If that is still true, Trae may make things weird there.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
HadAnEffectHere
Bench Warmer

Post#4 » by HadAnEffectHere » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:51 pm

Mamba4Goat wrote:I have this as 3-4 firsts off as well as needing either a third team or a follow up trade or two. Kessler doesn’t make sense with Capela and OO and getting one of Sexton or Clarkson makes sense but not both (gotta have Murray, Bogdan, and Bufkin minutes to account for).

I don’t think Trae fits with what the Jazz are going for either. I didn’t watch them much this season but I remember them being a fairly unselfish team last season. If that is still true, Trae may make things weird there.

Trae is a massively better passer/team player than every guy on our roster, lol.

We were pretty much the worst passing team in the NBA. Kris Dunn was the only pass first player on the roster.

Capela is definitely gone from the Hawks I would say so they really need a center as Okongwu just hasn't been very good for them.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by jazzfan1971 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:52 pm

Mamba4Goat wrote:I have this as 3-4 firsts off as well as needing either a third team or a follow up trade or two. Kessler doesn’t make sense with Capela and OO and getting one of Sexton or Clarkson makes sense but not both (gotta have Murray, Bogdan, and Bufkin minutes to account for).

I think you have Trae's value MUCH higher than I do. Unless you are saying the Jazz package has negative value, in which case you have the Jazz package worth MUCH less than I do.

More power to ATL if they can get 4 firsts and a collection of useful players though.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
HadAnEffectHere
Bench Warmer

Post#6 » by HadAnEffectHere » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:59 pm

Trae's value is probably pretty low right now around the league, but there's no way the Hawks trade him for limited value so they'll just not trade Trae.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by jazzfan1971 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:11 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:Trae's value is probably pretty low right now around the league, but there's no way the Hawks trade him for limited value so they'll just not trade Trae.

My trade might be light in value. But, I would pull out quickly if the ask moved much higher, happy to let another team win the bidding.
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,027

Post#8 » by Residual-Heat » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:14 pm

Yeah i think this is way too good for the Jazz. They'd need to add a lot more than this. I also dont think the Hawks should trade Trae without getting their picks back from the Spurs.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,324

Post#9 » by Godaddycurse » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:22 pm

Spurs and Magic amongst others will easily outbid OP

OP should also list why Atlanta want to do that trade
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,993

Post#10 » by Colbinii » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:53 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:Spurs and Magic amongst others will easily outbid OP

OP should also list why Atlanta want to do that trade

I thought we locked threads that had no rationale?

Or is that only for new posters?
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,145

Post#11 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:17 pm

OP feel free to repost with reasons per board rules. If you don’t have a fully baked idea the random thoughts thread is a perfect spot/

Return to Trades and Transactions