Mavs/Hornets/Pelicans

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

louc1970
Senior
And1: 152

Mavs/Hornets/Pelicans 

Post#1 » by louc1970 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:44 pm

Everyone knows the Pelicans need a PG. Murray (Atlanta) is the ideal choice. Unfortunately for NOP, Murray is the ideal choice for several teams -Nets, Spurs, Magic,…
Pelicans also have several SF/PF and lucky they do since Williamson and Ingram seem to stay hurt.
Mavs on the other hand are running a 2 PG offense. Leads to ball dominance by Irving and Doncic (they should have the ball, so it is not a knock). But Dallas lacks players at every other position.
Charlotte is just a jumble that breaks down to Ball (when healthy), Miller and Bridges. Not sure if direction or goals at this point.

To help each team:
Mavs trade Irving
Mavs receive Bridges (S&T), Bertans, 27 FRP returned,

Charlotte sends Bridges (S&T), Bertans, 27 FRP (Dallas)
Charlotte receives Ingram

New Orleans sends Ingram, 24 FRP, 24 FRP LAL
New Orleans receives Irving

Mavs put the ball back in Doncic’s hand, get the SF they need, move in the draft where they could get some size or a SG (perhaps packaged the picks).

Charlotte moves off Bridges and brings Ingram back to NC. A lineup of Miller, Ingram, Ball with a chance to pick up Sarr or Clingan in the draft.

NOP puts the ball in Irving’s hands and with McConnell, Williamson, Murphy, Jones a big, this team could be real good.
Astaluego
Freshman
And1: 23

Re: Mavs/Hornets/Pelicans 

Post#2 » by Astaluego » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:52 pm

a note Irving is basically expiring next year and I doubt it would be extended with NOP but leaving this aside there is no way the Mavs will move KI... have you been watching the Mavs? The chemistry between Luka and KI is beautiful they love each other and I am very partial here (probably my two favorite players) but in addition to probably the best backcourt in history in terms of talent, this duo has been playing like the best combination in the League...in my opinion the value for the Mavs is very very far away..Irving is something very close to untouchable at this moment
Old Mike Lorenzo
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,545

Post#3 » by HornetJail » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:55 pm

sure but i don't see Dallas doing this unless things fall off a cliff during the playoffs

also Bridges and 2024 picks can't really be in the same trade.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,986

Post#4 » by Apz » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:40 pm

Just not even closr for mavs. Probably a miller short atleast. Noone trades a tio 10-15 player for bridges and a bad first.
Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
And1: 930

Post#5 » by Captain_Obvious » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:12 am

I'm not sure Dallas can take the PR hit from Bridges.

We can trade a 25 first and Hardaway for S/T Bridges. Kyrie is off limits.

You have Ingram and 2 1sts for Kyrie but the picks just vanish?
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,766

Post#6 » by JustBuzzin » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:22 am

Captain_Obvious wrote:I'm not sure Dallas can take the PR hit from Bridges.

It was reported at the trade deadline they wanted to trade for Bridges, but Bridges told Charlotte he wants to stay put. So they settled for PJ Washington.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,521

Post#7 » by jayjaysee » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:42 am

I have thought about THJ+Powell+first for Bridges. Or maybe use one of Maxi or Green if Bridges’ salary calls for it.. I think Bridges/PJ play well and you figure out the rest behind Luka/Kyrie and the centers.. maybe 25 a year with a bunch of unguarantee money? I have no idea what contract Bridges calls for.

If Kyrie/Luka blow up in the playoffs, Kyrie for Bridges and 3 firsts is good value for Dallas. (Assuming the firsts go to Dallas. And they are 2025 firsts so it’s legal)…

But feels way too good for Charlotte. I’d guess Dallas just takes Ingram and two firsts if it were on the table.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,967

Post#8 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:48 pm

seems like really poor value and the complete wrong direction for Dallas. Why wouldn't Dallas take the better player and better pick and cut out Charlotte?
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,046

Post#9 » by daoneandonly » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:55 pm

Yea why is Cha even in this? Dallas isnt going to touch Bridges let alone give up Kyrie for him
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,660

Post#10 » by Skybox » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:06 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:

It was reported at the trade deadline they wanted to trade for Bridges, but Bridges told Charlotte he wants to stay put. So they settled for PJ Washington.

A lot of teams wanted to steal Bridges from a volatile situation…nobody wanted to send fair basketball value.

DAL is far too desperate to ascend- and keep Luka happy…they can’t accept this kind of talent drop from Kyrie to Bridges & frp. DAL is as win-now as LAL…no steps backward allowed…maybe they could rationalize (cutting out CHA for) Ingram as a roster re-balance, but maybe people forget Kyrie is really really good and he an Luka seem to work surprisingly well together. Gafford & PJ Washington were huge gets, imo, and about the best they could hope for given their limited flexibility.

Kyrie is a nut, but he’s MVP- level talent when he’s cooking.

Lively’s quick ascendance could make him the big missing piece or even the big (but expendable due to Gafford) trade chip next year.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,521

Post#11 » by jayjaysee » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:19 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:

I just want to add.. Bridges was likely never going to agree to a trade because he’d lose his path to the most money and markets, his bird rights... We knew that about him and we knew it about Monroe.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,226

Post#12 » by jbk1234 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

Bridges has nowhere near this value in a S&T. I think his market is whatever the Lakers would part with for him on a contract that's agreeable to all parties. Miles is an ufa, but I expect the Hornets to do exactly what they with PJ. Here's our number and if you get a better offer, we wish you the best.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,766

Post#13 » by JustBuzzin » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:30 pm

Skybox wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:

A lot of teams wanted to steal Bridges from a volatile situation…nobody wanted to send fair basketball value.

DAL is far too desperate to ascend- and keep Luka happy…they can’t accept this kind of talent drop from Kyrie to Bridges & frp. DAL is as win-now as LAL…no steps backward allowed…maybe they could rationalize (cutting out CHA for) Ingram as a roster re-balance, but maybe people forget Kyrie is really really good and he an Luka seem to work surprisingly well together. Gafford & PJ Washington were huge gets, imo, and about the best they could hope for given their limited flexibility.

Lively’s quick ascendance could make him the big missing piece or even the big (but expendable due to Gafford) trade chip next year.
I wasn't talking about the trade, I was just saying Dallas showed interest in Bridges at the deadline.

The trade btw is horrible for Dallas so I agree.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,660

Post#14 » by Skybox » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:35 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
Skybox wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:It was reported at the trade deadline they wanted to trade for Bridges, but Bridges told Charlotte he wants to stay put. So they settled for PJ Washington.

I wasn't talking about the trade, I was just saying Dallas showed interest in Bridges at the deadline.

The trade btw is horrible for Dallas so I agree.

Gotcha…Bridges is really good, I thought someone like PHI might have grabbed him cheap and he could be the final masterful piece towards a ring. Would’ve been a great bet for a win-now team hoarding cap space for summer. Even if they watched him walk, he could’ve really made an impact this season.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,986

Post#15 » by Apz » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:55 pm

I never saw any source say mavs were intrested in bridges and it feels like I spend enough time around mavs content and these boards to have picked up on it. Probably just like the kyle thing now, some random twitter source saying a team COULD be intrested in him.
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,249

Post#16 » by amcoolio » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:22 pm

I would not do this. Ingram hasn't proven to be a winning player even with tons of talent around him. When Bridges and LaMelo together you could see it, they got to 44 wins and were a great tandem. With Ingram the ball stops and less shots for Miller. No thank you
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
Trey24
Sixth Man
And1: 2,033

Post#17 » by Trey24 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:51 pm

If this trade were to happen, Charlotte would just cut NO out of the deal and take Irving for themselves.
Swish1906
Head Coach
And1: 10,690

Post#18 » by Swish1906 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:01 pm

Yeah hell no from the Mavs. Maybe if it’s the other Bridges.

The wife beater has barely any trade value
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,967

Post#19 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:22 pm

Swish1906 wrote:Yeah hell no from the Mavs. Maybe if it’s the other Bridges.

The wife beater has barely any trade value

He has none as a S&T. What team is paying him big money, hard capping themselves, and sending out an asset for the privilege?

I feel very confident he is going to sign a big on paper deal but with lots of non-gtd money. The Kevin Porter Jr deal as the template. And it will be with Charlotte only.

I think Charlotte shouldn't even do that. They need a hard culture reset and he's not a guy who drives winning anyway. Just cut ties. But they won't. They will pay him just protecting themselves.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Swish1906
Head Coach
And1: 10,690

Post#20 » by Swish1906 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:32 pm

I also meant after signing a new contract he won’t have much or any trade value

Return to Trades and Transactions