ATL-CHI-DAL-NOP

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

aguiar95
Rookie
And1: 553

ATL-CHI-DAL-NOP 

Post#1 » by aguiar95 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:18 am

ATL in: Ingram, Vucevic, Caruso.
ATL out: Murray, Hunter, Capela, Bufkin.

Why? Give up on the Murray experience and land a star wing to try get back on track with fitting pieces.

Young/Krejci
Caruso/Bogdanovic
Ingram/Griffin
Johnson/Fernando
Vucevic/Okongwu

Still have two 1sts (SAC & ATL) this draft.

CHI in: Hunter, Green, Bufkin
CHI out: Vucevic, Caruso

Why? Start a mini retool around White, sending the old guys out for new blood.

White/Ball?
Lavine/Dosunmo
Hunter/Green
Williams/Phillips
Drummond/Sanogo

Still have their 1st.

DAL in: McCollum
DAL out: Hardaway, Green

Why? Get a perfect 6th man to replace THJ to be the 3rd ball handler.

Doncic/Exum
Irving/McCollum
Jones Jr./O-Max
Washington/Kleber
Gafford/Lively

NOP in: Murray, Capela, Hardaway.
NOP out: Ingram, McCollum.

Why? Get a primary ball handler and two vets to complement their lineup.

Murray/Alvarado
Hardaway/Hawkins
Jones/Daniels
Williamson/Murphy
Capela/Nance

Still have two 1sts this draft.

Started out only with CJ to Mavs and escaleted pretty quickly.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,323

Re: ATL-CHI-DAL-NOP 

Post#2 » by Godaddycurse » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:32 am

I dont think chicago has interest in green and NOP will likely trade 1 but not both of ingram/cj. Deal is better off without Dallas imo
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,521

Post#3 » by jayjaysee » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:36 am

Maybe just me, but if Dallas is trading for a 3rd 30 mil plus player, I’d want someone who be on the court with the other two.

I think it works better without Dallas.

And don’t think Chicago does their part. But maybe they’re high on Kobe
Threezus
Veteran
And1: 1,622

Post#4 » by Threezus » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:26 am

jayjaysee wrote:Maybe just me, but if Dallas is trading for a 3rd 30 mil plus player, I’d want someone who be on the court with the other two.

I think it works better without Dallas.

And don’t think Chicago does their part. But maybe they’re high on Kobe

If their not hig on Kobe the Hawks fanbase is :) He has showed tremendous defense capabilities in his short time here. Like at times he was the best defensive player on the court for us this season and we all loved it :)
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,969

Post#5 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:43 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:I dont think chicago has interest in green

LOL. I think we could basically say no team in the league has real interest in Green, right? It's not that he's useless or anything despite a couple Mavs posters here acting like he's the worst player ever. But he's nothing special, doesn't project to any kind of meaningful ceiling, and just got paid.

I think(hope) the idea of the OP is CJ is a bad contract so to move him you take back a smaller bad contract, giving you partial relief. I don't think the Pels should do the Dallas part as a standalone deal as they already have so many better wing options they don't need the Dallas guys, but that would be some justification.

But also agree with jay-- why pay that much money for a guy whose role is naturally limited and the Mavs have found success with sitting Kyrie early in the 1st and 3rd and letting each star have a turn with some bench guys.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,926

Post#6 » by ChettheJet » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:06 pm

Not for the Bulls without a pick thrown in

Hunter has some great performances, in between injuries, he's played 63, 23, 53, 67, 57 games and he's going to make too much money for 2 more years for a guy who puts up fair stats for not so many games. They can resign a younger Patrick Williams to play the SF for less.

Green's potential has expired , top scoring year 9.1 and the Bulls don't need to pay a backup to Lavine or a backup for White as much as Coby makes.

They have too many guards now so swapping out Caruso for Bufkin a PG while getting Green a SG makes this even worse.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,323

Post#7 » by Godaddycurse » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:55 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:I dont think chicago has interest in green

LOL. I think we could basically say no team in the league has real interest in Green, right? It's not that he's useless or anything despite a couple Mavs posters here acting like he's the worst player ever. But he's nothing special, doesn't project to any kind of meaningful ceiling, and just got paid.

I think(hope) the idea of the OP is CJ is a bad contract so to move him you take back a smaller bad contract, giving you partial relief. I don't think the Pels should do the Dallas part as a standalone deal as they already have so many better wing options they don't need the Dallas guys, but that would be some justification.

But also agree with jay-- why pay that much money for a guy whose role is naturally limited and the Mavs have found success with sitting Kyrie early in the 1st and 3rd and letting each star have a turn with some bench guys.

I dont think green is the worst player ever. Slightly overpaid but could still develop. Just dont see chicago wanting him if they are retooling and planning to bring back ddr and maybe lavine (would put them into the tax)
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,046

Post#8 » by daoneandonly » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:07 pm

Pretty terrible for the Mavs. CJ is close to an albatross contract and a terrible defender, does not really provide any need for Dallas that is not already covered.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,969

Post#9 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:12 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:I dont think green is the worst player ever. Slightly overpaid but could still develop. Just dont see chicago wanting him if they are retooling and planning to bring back ddr and maybe lavine (would put them into the tax)

I think we mostly agree on the player. My point was this isn't a Chicago specific thing. I think its a league wide thing. Like I doubt there are any teams calling Dallas on Green. And I think Dallas would have to take back a big multiyear deal to move him. I could be wrong. After all it only takes one. But these 2nd contract guys are frequently bad money because teams aren't ready to give up on a guy, but he's not worth the new contract.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#10 » by jayjaysee » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:26 pm

daoneandonly wrote:Pretty terrible for the Mavs. CJ is close to an albatross contract and a terrible defender, does not really provide any need for Dallas that is not already covered.

Just a really weird fit and taking from the weak spot to add to the strength is rarely a good idea.

But if NOP does the Dallas part of their deal (they shouldn’t) then Dallas should definitely try to find a third team before hanging up the phone..

CJM is a better player than either of Dallas’ guys and his contract is at least declining. 33 million next year versus 28 for Dallas’ guys, then 30 million expiring versus 2yr29 for Green.

It’s good value, just not the right way to spend 33 million dollars.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#11 » by jayjaysee » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:47 pm

I doubt it’s the top of Atl/NOP’s offseason plans but..

OO and Murray to NOP
3-4 firsts from NOP to Atlanta
CJM to Orlando

Feels legal with Orlando using their cap space throwing fake seconds in.. Atlanta either is ready for a star to demand out and uses Hunter or Bey as the salary matching, while the TPE(s) help them fill out the roster or they trade Trae for the best return and ignore the pick debt.
Mrakar
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#12 » by Mrakar » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:02 pm

So we give up 2 better chuckers for 2 worse ones and center that can't/shouldnt play with our best player?
Even though i would like to get rid of CJ Mccollum, Pelicans end up much worse after this deal.

Value is not far off because of the money side of it, but i would still skip it as Pels fan.

Also IMO Murray is not smart player and Pels need to avoid that type of players.
If everything is going well, expect an WojBomb
#Pelslife :cry:
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,848

Post#13 » by psman2 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:13 pm

jayjaysee wrote:I doubt it’s the top of Atl/NOP’s offseason plans but..

OO and Murray to NOP
CJM to Orlando

Feels legal with Orlando using their cap space throwing fake seconds in.. Atlanta either is ready for a star to demand out and uses Hunter or Bey as the salary matching, while the TPE(s) help them fill out the roster or they trade Trae for the best return and ignore the pick debt.

I am a fan of OO and think he would be a good pairing with Zion. So I like this quite a bit for NO. But the direction for Atlanta is quite murky after this without making this a 3 way landing Atlanta so kind of win now talent (or getting Murphy or Jones back) or just going nuclear and trading Trae.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#14 » by jayjaysee » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:21 pm

psman2 wrote:

OO and Murray to NOP
CJM to Orlando

I am a fan of OO and think he would be a good pairing with Zion. So I like this quite a bit for NO. But the direction for Atlanta is quite murky after this without making this a 3 way landing Atlanta so kind of win now talent (or getting Murphy or Jones back) or just going nuclear and trading Trae.

I thought of it with a Lauri for Hunter++ based add on.. Where Atlanta sits on 14 million in cap space to lock up Lauri and ends up with Capela/Jalen/Lauri/Bogdan/Trae and builds around that group. But that’s not a realistic idea probably.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,503

Post#15 » by dms269 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:34 pm

OO and Murray to NOP
CJM to Orlando

What "star" is going to be available for 3 firsts frp New Orleans? If the best Atlanta can get is 3-4 firsts for players locked into solid, long-term deals then they are better just holding on to all of them and aiming for the play-in again.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#16 » by jayjaysee » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:37 pm

dms269 wrote:

OO and Murray to NOP
CJM to Orlando

What "star" is going to be available for 3 firsts frp New Orleans? If the best Atlanta can get is 3-4 firsts for players locked into solid, long-term deals then they are better just holding on to all of them and aiming for the play-in again.

Well Atlanta has the Sac first, their own 2024 first, and the two future firsts.. Probably would include some of that, right?

Long term cheap deals are very nice and both Atlanta players are positive value contracts.. But Atlanta needs a second best player.

Return to Trades and Transactions