You’re going to hate me

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,744

You’re going to hate me 

Post#1 » by AingesBurner » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:38 am

1st trade

Utah out: #8, #29, and # 31
Utah in: Top 5 pick from team X

Team X out: Top 5 pick
Team X in: #8, #29, and #31

Why for Utah: Gain a higher asset

Why for Team X: Likely need more young players, Team X could be Portland or Washington.

2nd trade

Unhappy star trade. Utah has its best luck with Euro stars so we go hunting.

Utah out: 24 Top 5 prospect, Hendricks, Kessler, Clarkson, 25 Minny 1st, 25 Cleveland 1st, 27 LA 1st, 29 Utah 1st (top 3 protected), 29 Minny 1st, and a swap owed to Utah
Utah in: Giannis

Miami out: Herro, Robinson, 28 unp 1st, 30 unp 1st, and top 3 pro 29 swap.
Miami in: Dame

Milwaukee out: Giannis and Dame
Milwaukee in: 24 Top 5 prospect, Herro, Hendricks, Kessler, Clarkson, 7 picks, and 2 swaps

Why for Utah: They get a legit star

Why for Miami: They get Dame

Why for Milwaukee: Assuming Bucks potentially flame out, and Giannis asks out, they go the small market route and send him to a small market with assets instead of to a big market. They rebuild with a ton of picks and could send out Clarkson and Middleton for more picks.

I know, you all hate it :lol:
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,328

Re: You’re going to hate me 

Post#2 » by Godaddycurse » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:43 am

1st trade will cost a decent future 1st instead of 29 and 31 to trade up to a top 5 pick. For comparison i think Atlanta traded 8 + 17 for 4 + 35 w/ NOP a while back in a draft with a big drop off after top 3. 29 and 31 is not going to cut it.

2nd trade - Dame is not going to fetch that much after a down year. I also don't think miami can realistically acquire dame given how close to the 2nd apron they are.

you also need to give way more to land giannis (to out bid other teams like OKC if nothing else)
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,447

Post#3 » by JRoy » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:01 am

AingesBurner wrote:1st trade

Why for Team X: Likely need more young players, Team X could be Portland or Washington.

2nd trade

Utah out: 24 Top 5 prospect, Hendricks, Kessler, Clarkson, 25 Minny 1st, 25 Cleveland 1st, 27 LA 1st, 29 Utah 1st (top 3 protected), 29 Minny 1st, and a swap owed to Utah

Milwaukee in: 24 Top 5 prospect, Herro, Hendricks, Kessler, Clarkson, 7 picks, and 2 swaps

Why for Milwaukee: Assuming Bucks potentially flame out, and Giannis asks out, they go the small market route and send him to a small market with assets instead of to a big market. They rebuild with a ton of picks and could send out Clarkson and Middleton for more picks.

POR already has 4 picks in this draft.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,327

Post#4 » by babyjax13 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:32 am

The first trade feels unneeded here.

If Milwaukee puts Giannis on the market, Utah is one of the teams that can offer the most, and Giannis + Lauri is actually terrifying. The question would be, who else is on that roster by the time the season starts?

My guess at the cost of Giannis from us:

filler (Collins + Clarkson) + prospect (Hendricks) + almost every tradeable pick 2024 UTA 1st (8) + 2025 MIN 1st + 2025 CLE 1st + 2027 MIN 1st + 2027 CLE 1st + 2027 LAL 1st (1-4 protected) + 2029 CLE 1st + 2029 MIN 1st (1-4 protected) [maybe 2031 UTA 1st, too?]

Milwaukee also needs to move Dame, Middleton, and BroLo after this.

I would think something like:

George + Sensabaugh + 2025 UTA 1st + 2027 UTA 1st + 2029 UTA 1st

would compete for Dame?

The problem for Milwaukee is lacking their own picks, so I wonder if they would be better off trading Giannis to New Orleans to get them + a bunch of young players back.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#5 » by AingesBurner » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:40 am

babyjax13 wrote:The first trade feels unneeded here.

If Milwaukee puts Giannis on the market, Utah is one of the teams that can offer the most, and Giannis + Lauri is actually terrifying. The question would be, who else is on that roster by the time the season starts?

My guess at the cost of Giannis from us:

filler (Collins + Clarkson) + prospect (Hendricks) + almost every tradeable pick 2024 UTA 1st (8) + 2025 MIN 1st + 2025 CLE 1st + 2027 MIN 1st + 2027 CLE 1st + 2027 LAL 1st (1-4 protected) + 2029 CLE 1st + 2029 MIN 1st (1-4 protected)

Milwaukee also needs to move Dame, Middleton, and BroLo after this.

I would think something like:

George + Sensabaugh + 2025 UTA 1st + 2027 UTA 1st + 2029 UTA 1st

would compete for Dame?

The problem for Milwaukee is lacking their own picks, so I wonder if they would be better off trading Giannis to New Orleans to get them + a bunch of young players back.

I wouldn’t go after Dame, need to keep Sexton but we can offer another first for him. I don’t mind your trade either.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#6 » by AingesBurner » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 am

Godaddycurse wrote:1st trade will cost a decent future 1st instead of 29 and 31 to trade up to a top 5 pick. For comparison i think Atlanta traded 8 + 17 for 4 + 35 w/ NOP a while back in a draft with a big drop off after top 3. 29 and 31 is not going to cut it.

2nd trade - Dame is not going to fetch that much after a down year. I also don't think miami can realistically acquire dame given how close to the 2nd apron they are.

you also need to give way more to land giannis (to out bid other teams like OKC if nothing else)

So drop the swap and protect a 1st. Giannis doesn’t make a lot of sense for OKC.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#7 » by babyjax13 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:44 am

AingesBurner wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:1st trade will cost a decent future 1st instead of 29 and 31 to trade up to a top 5 pick. For comparison i think Atlanta traded 8 + 17 for 4 + 35 w/ NOP a while back in a draft with a big drop off after top 3. 29 and 31 is not going to cut it.

So drop the swap and protect a 1st. Giannis doesn’t make a lot of sense for OKC.

IDK, Giannis and Chet seems kind of perfect

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#8 » by AingesBurner » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:55 am

babyjax13 wrote:
AingesBurner wrote:

Giannis needs the ball in his hands so he clashes with SGA.
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,690

Post#9 » by penbeast0 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:58 am

I could see Washington doing the 1st one. Depends who is available where they pick and how much they like them. But they have rosters spots that can be opened to try out some young guys.
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,328

Post#10 » by Godaddycurse » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:00 am

AingesBurner wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
AingesBurner wrote:

Fit be damned when you can have 2 top 5 players together on a team
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#11 » by babyjax13 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:29 am

AingesBurner wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
AingesBurner wrote:

I think running pnr with SGA would be deadly regardless of which is the screener and which is the handler. SGA has also coexisted with ballhandlers before (Paul, Giddey). He'd get to attack a lot of contorted defenses from Giannis.

JColl
jredsaz
General Manager
And1: 2,794

Post#12 » by jredsaz » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:42 am

Godaddycurse wrote:
AingesBurner wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:IDK, Giannis and Chet seems kind of perfect

Fit be damned when you can have 2 top 5 players together on a team

I fully support this opinion
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,551

Post#13 » by HornetJail » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:34 am

so, I was told in the other thread that a pretty similar package (minus a Kessler level prospect and one pick) was not even worth a 36yo Steph plus 34yo Draymond (and that it wasn't really close either)... I see no way this is all Milwaukee is able to get from Giannis. Heck if Giannis is just going to play anywhere in the NBA without a complaint, even Charlotte can top this offer and roll out LaMelo/Miller/Bridges/Giannis next season even if Mark Williams is outgoing.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,512

Post#14 » by Myth » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:39 am

Regarding trade 1, as mentioned, 29 and 31 don’t move you up that high in the lottery, even in a weaker draft. Portland certainly isn’t the team to bite given the amount of picks they already have in the draft.

Regarding trade 2, Blazers fans fully support this option given the future picks Milwaukee owes Portland.
WinterSoldier
Junior
And1: 186

Post#15 » by WinterSoldier » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:49 am

First off Giannis is going to have some control were he goes and he's not going to a Utah team that is probably worse than his situation on the Bucks so it's already DOA. Giving up that many assets needs to almost guarantee a championship and this doesn't get us there and gives a very short window to get there.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,772

Post#16 » by theBigLip » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 am

2nd trade

Awesome! And you will get some hate :lol:

The Knicks might also be looking to get Giannis. It’s not going to get better in Milwaukee. He’s going to want out.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#17 » by AingesBurner » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:01 pm

theBigLip wrote:

2nd trade

Awesome! And you will get some hate :lol:

The Knicks might also be looking to get Giannis. It’s not going to get better in Milwaukee. He’s going to want out.

Knicks don’t have assets like Utah or OKC.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#18 » by AingesBurner » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:04 pm

HornetJail wrote:

so, I was told in the other thread that a pretty similar package (minus a Kessler level prospect and one pick) was not even worth a 36yo Steph plus 34yo Draymond (and that it wasn't really close either)... I see no way this is all Milwaukee is able to get from Giannis. Heck if Giannis is just going to play anywhere in the NBA without a complaint, even Charlotte can top this offer and roll out LaMelo/Miller/Bridges/Giannis next season even if Mark Williams is outgoing.

Yeah, whoever said that needs to lay off the pipe. Steph and Dray have no where near that value.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,052

Post#19 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:28 pm

not sure when we start a thread trading Giannis to our favorite team we should be telling other posters to lay off the pipe. You are clearly entering fantasy territory with an idea like this (which is fine obviously). But that means you are already into far-fetched ideas, so don't throw stones at other ideas maybe.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,250

Post#20 » by BBallFreak » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:28 pm

I'm going to pretty happily pass for Miami. I didn't want him by the end of the offseason and he's done nothing to change my mind now, especially when we got Dame-lite for so much younger...err, cheaper...

Return to Trades and Transactions