Bleacher report trade, not allowed?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Donkedave
Freshman
And1: 7

Bleacher report trade, not allowed? 

Post#1 » by Donkedave » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:08 am

Just seen this trade idea on that app. Not worried about that trade being not good for either team but they doing a sign and trade with a 24 pick.

As far as I’m aware no s&t till after the “new” season July 1st? Which is obviously after draft.

Unless they send the player I suppose!

Orlando Magic receive: Zach LaVine
Chicago Bulls receive: Markelle Fultz (sign-and-trade), Moritz Wagner and a 2024 second-round pick
2024 draft Bulls select who?
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,509

Re: Bleacher report trade, not allowed? 

Post#2 » by Mavrelous » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:29 am

If the Magic waive Jingles, they'll have the cap space to absorb Lavine, I'm not sure they'd want to, they can S&T Fultz if the Bulls want him.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,130

Post#3 » by tiderulz » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:10 am

I cant see Orlando doing this. We need a PG more than a SG, but assuming you slide Suggs over to PG, Orlando would want more of a 2-way player, paying $40mil+ for the next 3 years. I would rather go after Simons who makes $20mil less/year.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,071

Post#4 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:02 pm

Donkedave wrote:Just seen this trade idea on that app. Not worried about that trade being not good for either team but they doing a sign and trade with a 24 pick.

As far as I’m aware no s&t till after the “new” season July 1st? Which is obviously after draft.

Unless they send the player I suppose!

Orlando Magic receive: Zach LaVine
Chicago Bulls receive: Markelle Fultz (sign-and-trade), Moritz Wagner and a 2024 second-round pick

Bleacher Report, and many other sites that allow most anyone or blog site to write under their name, rarely understand cap and league rules, and they aren't checked by a real editor or knowledgeable writer for legality or accuracy. Those blogs and writings exist solely to get a writer to their minimum monthly posts or to up their clicks to get them paid.
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,990

Post#5 » by Richard4444 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:15 pm

You can't sign and trade a player before the moratorium. The Bucks were punished in Bogdan"s deal.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven

Return to Trades and Transactions