Jerami Grant 4-Team Deal: Mavericks - Warriors - Rockets - Trail Blazers

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,449

Re: Jerami Grant 4-Team Deal: Mavericks - Warriors - Rockets - Trail Blazers 

Post#41 » by JRoy » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:36 am

If that is the case, POR may as well keep him.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,702

Post#42 » by Warriorfan » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Warriors were 10th seed Grant is not significant upgrade no trades unless for a super star

Wiggins can rehab value
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,449

Post#43 » by JRoy » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:36 pm

Warriorfan wrote:Warriors were 10th seed Grant is not significant upgrade no trades unless for a super star

Wiggins can rehab value

What GSW assets pull a superstar?
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,515

Post#44 » by Myth » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:38 pm

Warriorfan wrote:Warriors were 10th seed Grant is not significant upgrade no trades unless for a super star

Wiggins can rehab value

I get not wanting a specific trade, but no trades except for superstars makes no sense. So if they can’t get a superstar, they stand pat?
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,834

Post#45 » by dirkforpres » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:35 pm

Wiggins contract is pretty gross. I feel like there should be more coming back to Dallas for bailing out the Warriors here.
FIRE JASON KIDD
thejigglyroom
Rookie
And1: 1,205

Post#46 » by thejigglyroom » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:20 pm

dirkforpres wrote:Wiggins contract is pretty gross. I feel like there should be more coming back to Dallas for bailing out the Warriors here.

They’re not really getting “bailed out” considering Grant is on a pretty bad contract himself and this proposal has them giving up picks to boot. I wouldn’t do the original trade let alone adding more to the pot.
Nyk_Fatboy:
Carmelos better than durant, Lance stephensons better than harden, Wade, Wall, Derozan, Parker, Westbrick and i prefer antetokoumpo over Griffin, bosh and dirk but its debatable
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,834

Post#47 » by dirkforpres » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:41 pm

thejigglyroom wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:Wiggins contract is pretty gross. I feel like there should be more coming back to Dallas for bailing out the Warriors here.

They’re not really getting “bailed out” considering Grant is on a pretty bad contract himself and this proposal has them giving up picks to boot. I wouldn’t do the original trade let alone adding more to the pot.

Its Dallas willingly taking on more long term money for equal production. If Wiggins was all that the Mavs could flip the THJ expiring into, I think I would rather just hold out and wait for something more appealing to possibly materialize.

I just have a hard time believing Jason Kidd (or whoever is coaching the Mavs next year) can get more out of Wiggins than Steve Kerr did, and this year was extremely disappointing.
FIRE JASON KIDD
thejigglyroom
Rookie
And1: 1,205

Post#48 » by thejigglyroom » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:48 pm

dirkforpres wrote:
thejigglyroom wrote:

Its Dallas willingly taking on more long term money for equal production. If Wiggins was all that the Mavs could flip the THJ expiring into, I think I would rather just hold out and wait for something more appealing to possibly materialize.

I just have a hard time believing Jason Kidd (or whoever is coaching the Mavs next year) can get more out of Wiggins than Steve Kerr did, and this year was extremely disappointing.

That’s fair. Don’t blame you for not wanting to take on Wiggins without compensation.
Nyk_Fatboy:
Carmelos better than durant, Lance stephensons better than harden, Wade, Wall, Derozan, Parker, Westbrick and i prefer antetokoumpo over Griffin, bosh and dirk but its debatable
RollingWave
Sixth Man
And1: 730

Post#49 » by RollingWave » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:36 pm

although it's not a major part of this deal I'm not sure Houston view having one guaranteed year for THJ being more valuable than having a team option on Jeff Green for one year. Green is obviously a better contract in a vacuum, so the argument has to be that they value THJ's shooting so much more and I dunno.
The river of time wash away all heroes
Blaze the Nugz
Sixth Man
And1: 95

Post#50 » by Blaze the Nugz » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:40 pm

Lenneth wrote:Pass for Warriors. No way Warriors are picking up Grant's 4 years/132.4 mils, and he will directly compete minutes with Kuminga. And, Warriors would likely spend a pick if that will bring a significant improvement. Going from the 10th seed to the 7th seed is meaningless at this point.

Kumdog and JG could for sure play together. Whether JG is worth the pick... yeah probably not. JG's spacing and help defense would be useful to GSW, though.

Return to Trades and Transactions