Instant Reaction: What Do The Kings Do This Off-Season?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,625

Re: Instant Reaction: What Do The Kings Do This Off-Season? 

Post#81 » by NYG » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:36 am

Do the above and draft the Monk replacement at 19 (Carlton Carrington/Jared McCain)
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,300

Post#82 » by SNPA » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:45 am

NYG wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:
NYG wrote:The problem is the market for PF doesn't have anyone worth 13

It's DFS, John Collins, Grant or Kuzma and none are worth 13

Exactly. Not to mention under the new system we need cost controlled Rookie deals and we traded away last years pick, we will lose next years pick. For cap management purposes no way I’m trading 13 and certainly not for any of those guys.

I think of those 4 Grant is the best fit, but kind of starts painting the Kings into a corner salary-wise. So I kind of like DFS as an upgrade that you won't break the bank for asset wise/salary wise.

Nets get Chris Duarte, Davion Mitchell and 27th Overall Pick (via Timberwolves) for Dorian Finney-Smith

Timberwolves get 31st Overall Pick (via Raptors) and 45th Overall Pick (via Kings) for 27th Overall Pick

Kings get Dorian Finney-Smith and 19th Overall Pick (via Raptors) for Chris Duarte, Davion Mitchell, 13th Overall Pick and 45th Overall Pick

Raptors get 13th Overall Pick (via Kings) for 19th Overall Pick and 31st Overall Pick

Monte might as well start packing his bags if DFS is his big off-season move.
NYG
RealGM

Post#83 » by NYG » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:49 am

SNPA wrote:
NYG wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:
Exactly. Not to mention under the new system we need cost controlled Rookie deals and we traded away last years pick, we will lose next years pick. For cap management purposes no way I’m trading 13 and certainly not for any of those guys.

I think of those 4 Grant is the best fit, but kind of starts painting the Kings into a corner salary-wise. So I kind of like DFS as an upgrade that you won't break the bank for asset wise/salary wise.

Nets get Chris Duarte, Davion Mitchell and 27th Overall Pick (via Timberwolves) for Dorian Finney-Smith

Timberwolves get 31st Overall Pick (via Raptors) and 45th Overall Pick (via Kings) for 27th Overall Pick

Kings get Dorian Finney-Smith and 19th Overall Pick (via Raptors) for Chris Duarte, Davion Mitchell, 13th Overall Pick and 45th Overall Pick

Raptors get 13th Overall Pick (via Kings) for 19th Overall Pick and 31st Overall Pick

See... when you say that... I think he would go for Kuzma and shoot his shot at that point. There isn't a big fish out there right now without warts.
NYG
RealGM

Post#84 » by NYG » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:54 am

Portland Trail Blazers get:
Chris Duarte
19th Overall Draft Pick

Sacramento Kings get:
Jerami Grant
34th Overall Draft Pick

Toronto Raptors get:
Kevin Huerter
13th Overall Draft Pick
SNPA
General Manager

Post#85 » by SNPA » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:55 am

NYG wrote:
SNPA wrote:
NYG wrote:

See... when you say that... I think he would go for Kuzma and shoot his shot at that point. There isn't a big fish out there right now without warts.

Then he needs to move to getting a third star or look to move Sabonis for Zion or Brown.

Getting DFS and missing the playoffs should cost him his job. That’s just not doing enough. He has to make serious improvements.

My hope is he starts at the top for PF fits, call the Twolves and offer a ton for Jaden. Call Cleveland and ask about Mobley.
SNPA
General Manager

Post#86 » by SNPA » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:00 am

NYG wrote:Portland Trail Blazers get:
Sasha Vezenkov
Chris Duarte
19th Overall Draft Pick

Sacramento Kings get:
Jerami Grant
34th Overall Draft Pick

Toronto Raptors get:
Kevin Huerter
13th Overall Draft Pick

With Monk staying - Grant/Murray/34 for Barnes/Huerter/13

Kings need length at the forwards.

With Monk leaving - Grant/Brogdon/34 for Barnes/Huerter/SashaORDurate/13

Kings would need a playmaker.
Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,715

Post#87 » by Sactowndog » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:05 am

SNPA wrote:I go back to what I wrote in the McNair thread.

He has three options and he must pick one and execute it successfully by no later than the deadline (should be this summer) and if he doesn’t his seat will be hot as hell if Sac misses the playoffs next year. Those three options are:

-Aquire an impactful PF that fits with Sabonis (keep Keegan)*
-Aquire a third star (can move Keegan)
-Trade one of Fox/Sabonis to create a more modern wing focused team

He has to do one of these.

*If Monk leaves just getting the PF will not be sufficient, he would have to get another playmaker too.

The problem to me is the Kings don’t have the length needed around Sabonis. Monte had chances and blew them. The Kings as a group are not long enough.

One interesting trade would be trade Sabonis to the Pels for Ingram. I’m not sure what has to be put around them to even the value. But Sabonis would be a good fit on the Pels. They do have the length to put around him. They could benefit from his point center talents. No team would have two players strong enough to deal with Zion and Sabonis.

The Kings would get a wing to pair with Keegan. It would open up the lane for Fox. Depending on the structure it might open up dollars to sign Malik.
Sactowndog

Post#88 » by Sactowndog » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:08 am

SNPA wrote:
NYG wrote:Portland Trail Blazers get:
Sasha Vezenkov
Chris Duarte
19th Overall Draft Pick

Sacramento Kings get:
Jerami Grant
34th Overall Draft Pick

Toronto Raptors get:
Kevin Huerter
13th Overall Draft Pick

With Monk staying - Grant/Murray/34 for Barnes/Huerter/13

Kings need length at the forwards.

With Monk leaving - Grant/Brogdon/34 for Barnes/Huerter/SashaORDurate/13

Kings would need a playmaker.

I think you need to give Davion a shot at being the primary playmaker off the bench or are you going to say it was an atrocious pick given what was on the boards
SNPA
General Manager

Post#89 » by SNPA » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:17 am

Sactowndog wrote:

He has three options and he must pick one and execute it successfully by no later than the deadline (should be this summer) and if he doesn’t his seat will be hot as hell if Sac misses the playoffs next year. Those three options are:

*If Monk leaves just getting the PF will not be sufficient, he would have to get another playmaker too.

The problem to me is the Kings don’t have the length needed around Sabonis. Monte had chances and blew them. The Kings as a group are not long enough.

One interesting trade would be trade Sabonis to the Pels for Ingram. I’m not sure what has to be put around them to even the value. But Sabonis would be a good fit on the Pels. They do have the length to put around him. They could benefit from his point center talents. No team would have two players strong enough to deal with Zion and Sabonis.

The Kings would get a wing to pair with Keegan. It would open up the lane for Fox. Depending on the structure it might open up dollars to sign Malik.

Zion.

If it’s BI then Jones + needs to come with him. Kings could add to balance depending.
Sactowndog

Post#90 » by Sactowndog » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:33 am

SNPA wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:

Zion.

If it’s BI then Jones + needs to come with him. Kings could add to balance depending.

The Pels have a ton of picks they could add though I’m guessing what is value will have a wide range of opinions.
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,148

Post#91 » by OxAndFox » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:48 am

If the Kings sign Monk in the POs you're only using 8 players mostly. So with that said the Kings would effectively have Fox/Keegan/Sabonis/Monk right now.
Based on the end of year play you add Keon so you're up to 5.

That leaves Davion/Huerter/Duarte/Colby Jones/Sasha/Lyles/Barnes/#13/#45/MLE effectively to gain 3 positions. Plus enough depth to get through the RS.
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#92 » by OxAndFox » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:54 am

If things go south at GS in terms of keeping Klay and they look to move off Dray and Wiggins I wouldn't mind making a move for Dray. It's risky, but the reward would be incredible. Could Mike Brown keep him in check enough? The Warriors haven't been able to, but I don't think they try to either.
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,522

Post#93 » by Wolveswin » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:45 am

To Hawks: Towns

To Kings: Trae Young

To Wolves: Fox

Who adds? Who says no?

Trae gets a fresh start with Sabonis.

Hawks add Towns and build around him, Murray, Jalen and plan for next big trade.

Wolves get a young, upgrade at PG.
SNPA
General Manager

Post#94 » by SNPA » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:59 am

Wolveswin wrote:To Hawks: Towns

Who adds? Who says no?

Hawks add Towns and build around him, Murray, Jalen and plan for next big trade.

Why are the Kings downgrading? I don’t see how this can be balanced.
SNPA
General Manager

Post#95 » by SNPA » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:06 am

Got bored and combined ideas.

Hueter/Barnes/13 for Grant/Doup/33
Sabonis/Sasha for BI/Jones/Nance

Fox/Monk/Ellis/Mitchell
BI/Murray/Grant/Jones
Defensive Centers - Kings would have full MLE, Doup/Nance
Small ball Center - Lyles

I really like that team.
Sactowndog

Post#96 » by Sactowndog » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:31 am

OxAndFox wrote:If the Kings sign Monk in the POs you're only using 8 players mostly. So with that said the Kings would effectively have Fox/Keegan/Sabonis/Monk right now.

That leaves Davion/Huerter/Duarte/Colby Jones/Sasha/Lyles/Barnes/#13/#45/MLE effectively to gain 3 positions. Plus enough depth to get through the RS.

The problem is you need length and it’s really hard to trade for good length. The positions you are trying to fill are the hardest to come by.
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#97 » by OxAndFox » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:57 am

Sactowndog wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:If the Kings sign Monk in the POs you're only using 8 players mostly. So with that said the Kings would effectively have Fox/Keegan/Sabonis/Monk right now.

The problem is you need length and it’s really hard to trade for good length. The positions you are trying to fill are the hardest to come by.

Absolutely. I think that is going to be a problem for the Kings moving forward. I wonder when the Bucks lose this first round series whether or not Portis can be had?
People will start to ask more questions as these POs continue.
Sactowndog

Post#98 » by Sactowndog » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:58 am

SNPA wrote:Got bored and combined ideas.

Hueter/Barnes/13 for Grant/Doup/33
Sabonis/Sasha for BI/Jones/Nance

Fox/Monk/Ellis/Mitchell
BI/Murray/Grant/Jones
Defensive Centers - Kings would have full MLE, Doup/Nance
Small ball Center - Lyles

I really like that team.

I do too but I don’t think you are getting BI and jones. Plus given Grants salary 13 is an over pay.

So what if

Portland out: Grant/ Duop/ 33
Portland in: Huerter or Mitchell / Barnes / 17

Pels out: BI / Nance / 17 / 21
Pels in: Sabonis / Mitchell or Huerter

Kings in: BI / Grant / Duop / Nance / 21
Kings out: Sabonis / Mitchell / Barnes / Huerter

Kings:
Fox / Monk / Ellis / Jones or Duarte / 13 or 21
BI / Grant / Murray / Lyle’s / Sasha
Duop/ Len / Nance / 13 or 21
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 4,020

Post#99 » by wolves_89 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:18 am

SNPA wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:To Hawks: Towns

Who adds? Who says no?

Why are the Kings downgrading? I don’t see how this can be balanced.

I don't see Fox as a great fit for the Wolves since he needs the ball to be effective and I'd rather have the ball in Ant's hands. This seems like a no for Minnesota as well.
Jkam31
Head Coach
And1: 5,676

Post#100 » by Jkam31 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:38 am

NYG wrote:
SNPA wrote:
NYG wrote:

He has no choice he already punted the last two deadlines and last off season while everyone around us made moves

Return to Trades and Transactions