Instant Reaction: What Do The Kings Do This Off-Season?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,636

Instant Reaction: What Do The Kings Do This Off-Season? 

Post#1 » by NYG » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:28 am

What do the Kings do this off-season?
Mrakar
Starter
And1: 2,544

Re: Instant Reaction: What Do The Kings Do This Off-Season? 

Post#2 » by Mrakar » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:00 am

Would something like Ingram to 3rd team, Hawkins and milion picks(Pels have 6 availible + 4 swaps, some own, some Bucks, some Lakers) and everything that Ingram brings back for Fox be interesting if Kings decide to rebuild?
Of course i don't mean all of the picks, but there is ofc a lot to offer there.
If everything is going well, expect an WojBomb
#Pelslife :cry:
Astaluego
Sophomore
And1: 37

Post#3 » by Astaluego » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:23 am

nothing drastic, kind of like what the Mavs did at the deadline, more size and better fits...

Trade 1..

K.Huerter+2 SRP?? for I.Stewart...

Send Duarte to some team's space...(Spurs/Pistons...)

In FA I would look for a solid veteran like Caleb Martin and then re-sign Monk with the bird wings

Fox/Ellis/Murray/I.Stewart/Sabonis
D.Mitchell/Monk/*C.Martin/Barnes/Lyles
Old Mike Lorenzo
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,783

Post#4 » by BoogieTime » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:00 pm

Mrakar wrote:Would something like Ingram to 3rd team, Hawkins and milion picks(Pels have 6 availible + 4 swaps, some own, some Bucks, some Lakers) and everything that Ingram brings back for Fox be interesting if Kings decide to rebuild?

Kings aren't rebuilding for sure, but Fox was part of the issue of this year. He wasnt good enough/near efficient in the calendar 2024 year. He also didn't carry any ceiling play in the clutch or post season. If he's on the roster he needs to be a lot more consistent/better.
Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,715

Post#5 » by Sactowndog » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:28 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
Mrakar wrote:Would something like Ingram to 3rd team, Hawkins and milion picks(Pels have 6 availible + 4 swaps, some own, some Bucks, some Lakers) and everything that Ingram brings back for Fox be interesting if Kings decide to rebuild?

Kings aren't rebuilding for sure, but Fox was part of the issue of this year. He wasnt good enough/near efficient in the calendar 2024 year. He also didn't carry any ceiling play in the clutch or post season. If he's on the roster he needs to be a lot more consistent/better.

You could trade Fox for Ingram and a number of Picks. That opens up cap space to sign Monk, you keep Mitchell and draft a guard at 13/14

Monk, Mitchell, 13 guard who falls
Ellis, Huerter Jones
Ingram, Edwards, 18 Da Silva or Comouce
Murray, Barnes
Domas, Len
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,248

Post#6 » by blind prophet » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:38 pm

We need some length, offensively and defensively.

The crappy contracts of Duarte and Sasha are going to make cheap options harder.

But any 2-4 that has good length and a two way player is pretty dang important.

We should go fishing on a young backup center that is very mobile.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,255

Post#7 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:47 pm

Agree with prophet that I'd want a mobile, defensive backup center. It would be one of my priorities. I suspect Kuzma might get a re-visit too. And I don't hate a Barnes/reasonable incentive for Kuz deal. Something like Barnes/Vez/13 for Kuz/Kispert/26. Gets the Kings a bench shooter as well.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Jkam31
Head Coach
And1: 5,680

Post#8 » by Jkam31 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:13 pm

blind prophet wrote:We need some length, offensively and defensively.

The crappy contracts of Duarte and Sasha are going to make cheap options harder.

But any 2-4 that has good length and a two way player is pretty dang important.

We should go fishing on a young backup center that is very mobile.

Yes we need length target Thybull and Grant which gives us size, athleticism, defense, switch ability, and shooting with Grant
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,587

Post#9 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:24 pm

Resign Monk #1 priority.

Package some combo of #14, huerter, Barnes, davion, Sasha, Duarte, future picks to go after forwards who play defense. Ideally we need to add 2. A higher end + a lower end.

Targets
Reasonable tier
DFS
Grant
Wiggins
Kuzma
Cam Johnson
Naji Marshall
Thybulle

Pipe dream - Mikal Bridges
MessiahUjiri
Analyst
And1: 3,767

Post#10 » by MessiahUjiri » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:59 pm

Other than resigning Monk, Kings really need to add versatile defensive vets around Fox/Sabonis/Murray.

I love the idea of Jerami Grant on the Kings. He can play both the 3 & 4, and plays good defense.

I would also love to see Bruce Brown on the Kings, as he can defend 1-3, and does the nitty gritty that don’t show up on the box score.

Trade 1:
#13 + K Huerter + C Duarte + D Mitchell
for
J Grant

Trade 2:
H Barnes + ‘25 POR 2nd
for
B Brown

Fox / Brown / Murray / Grant/ Sabonis
Monk / Ellis / (FA-TBD)? / Sasha / Lyles

Add a backup wing through FA, and that’s a team that can go deep in the playoffs.
Fire everyone who doesn't win the NBA championship.

Tank for 2050. Robot players.

AbeVigodaLive wrote:NZ native, Steven Adams, was initially cast as Gandalf in Lord in the Rings... until Director Peter Jackson replaced him with a younger looking actor.
Texas Chuck

Post#11 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:10 pm

Brown isn't worth a good 2nd more than Barnes. Not sure why some Raps fans continue to set high prices on a guy whose option they are unlikely to pick up.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,284

Post#12 » by Catchall » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:25 pm

I'd move Harrison Barnes. He doesn't contribute enough, consistently enough. If you want someone to camp out and make shots, you've got Murray.
I'd move Trey Lyles and Alex Len. The Kings need guys who play harder and with more energy.

I haven't really watched the Kings that much, but I'd run Fox off of hand-offs and just let him attack going downhill rather than ask him to set up plays on the perimeter. I'd bring in a wing who can initiate, and I'd bring in a 4/5 who adds defensive presence in the paint.

Overall, the Kings aren't athletic enough.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,868

Post#13 » by psman2 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:40 pm

MessiahUjiri wrote:Trade 2:
H Barnes + ‘25 POR 2nd
for
B Brown

For Toronto:
I simply don't think Barnes is worth his contract and see no upside of Toronto eating his 2 yr deal. Better to just waive Brown and move on and keep the cap sheet cleaner and buy another 2nd with the cash saved.

For Sac: I would do this, Barnes is just not impacting winning anymore and Brown at worse is a super utility player that can fill in around the cracks and play some better D.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,351

Post#14 » by Godaddycurse » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:55 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Brown isn't worth a good 2nd more than Barnes. Not sure why some Raps fans continue to set high prices on a guy whose option they are unlikely to pick up.

The 2nd is for getting off Barnes 2nd yr. 37M guaranteed vs 23. I dont think this is a high price for Brown at all/im skeptical barnes can fetch an expiring on his own
Texas Chuck

Post#15 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:19 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:Brown isn't worth a good 2nd more than Barnes. Not sure why some Raps fans continue to set high prices on a guy whose option they are unlikely to pick up.

The 2nd is for getting off Barnes 2nd yr. 37M guaranteed vs 23. I dont think this is a high price for Brown at all/im skeptical barnes can fetch an expiring on his own

I think Barnes is easily movable for an expiring. I think he might could even be moved into space. I mean Charlotte or Detroit should love to get this guy in the building for 2 years to help reset the culture. If I was Charlotte, he's exactly the kind of player I want, maybe the player I most want. I'm not trying to win yet, but I am trying to instill some professionalism and some work ethic and some team first play. That's Harry Barnes.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,351

Post#16 » by Godaddycurse » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:25 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

I think Barnes is easily movable for an expiring. I think he might could even be moved into space. I mean Charlotte or Detroit should love to get this guy in the building for 2 years to help reset the culture. If I was Charlotte, he's exactly the kind of player I want, maybe the player I most want. I'm not trying to win yet, but I am trying to instill some professionalism and some work ethic and some team first play. That's Harry Barnes.

Kings should just do that then if its on the table and raptors are better off with cap space
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,524

Post#17 » by LofJ » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:31 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

I'd be all about trading Bertans for Barnes, although I'm not sure what else would be needed to incentivize the Kings to make a deal.
Texas Chuck

Post#18 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:33 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

Kings should just do that then if its on the table and raptors are better off with cap space

Kings shouldn't pay to swap him for Brown for sure. But not sure they should turn him into a bad expiring either. He's still a top 7 player on a playoff team. And they aren't deep enough to just give him away unless they have an immediate plan to use his salary as matching or his TPE to bring someone else in.

I have no idea what the Raptors are trying to do. The path for them right now seems reliant on both Barnes/IQ rising to star level players but I'm just not convinced they are that. And once they pay IQ big money, not sure cap room is really a viable path for them especially with a huge Barnes deal coming due.

And still not sure how Barrett/Poeltl/Olynyk fit in. Barnes doesn't figure to make sense, but then this team kept investing in guys who made even less sense than him so....
MessiahUjiri
Analyst
And1: 3,767

Post#19 » by MessiahUjiri » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:39 pm

Answer here:

Godaddycurse wrote:The 2nd is for getting off Barnes 2nd yr. 37M guaranteed vs 23.

Barnes impact has visibly diminished every year for a couple of years. Most objective people will agree that Barnes 2nd year is a big negative.

Raps should do this because they don’t really have much else to spend money on now that turns them into winners, and Barnes can fill in at the 3/4 while they rebuild.
Fire everyone who doesn't win the NBA championship.

Tank for 2050. Robot players.

AbeVigodaLive wrote:NZ native, Steven Adams, was initially cast as Gandalf in Lord in the Rings... until Director Peter Jackson replaced him with a younger looking actor.
Texas Chuck

Post#20 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:59 pm

I think objectively if his 2nd year was a huge negative I'd want more than a 2nd to take it on.

And I disagree objectively with that valuation of Barned.

Sent from my SM-A136U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Trades and Transactions