CHI-UTA-ORL

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 763

CHI-UTA-ORL 

Post#1 » by HadAnEffectHere » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:45 pm

Orlando sends: Cole Anthony, #16
Orlando gets: Collin Sexton

Why for Orlando: To get any offensive firepower whatsoever. Sexton is an efficient high volume scorer from all areas of the court and passes OK. He is a bad defender, but hopefully they can cover that up.

Chicago sends: Zach LaVine
Chicago gets: John Collins, Jordan Clarkson

Why for Chicago: Reduce the years on LaVine's contract from three to two while splitting it among two guys and minimizing the injury risk

Utah sends: Collin Sexton, John Collins, Jordan Clarkson
Utah gets: #16, Zach LaVine, Cole Anthony

Why for Utah: Rehab LaVine's value to hopefully trade him later for a first. If he fails, it's not a big deal as the Jazz don't need cap space. Jazz also clear a starting spot for Walker Kessler who was very unhappy about being benched. Jazz also get a good first round pick.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,411

Re: CHI-UTA-ORL 

Post#2 » by brackdan70 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:54 pm

I like the idea but I have to think Chicago won’t move Lavine unless they can get some value back…otherwise they probably try to rehab is value for half a season no? Also is Sexton worth that? I’m not saying not but I wonder.
Sign here
bkohler
Rookie
And1: 450

Post#3 » by bkohler » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:56 pm

This seems pretty fair to me. I have Sexton worth two bad firsts (ish), I’ve got Lavine as a negative and Collins and Clarkson as negatives. I have Cole Anthony as neutral value.

I think Bulls would be wise to break Lavines contract into two, the only part I’m not sure about is Cole Anthony, he feels like a throw in to make salary work and I wonder if someone else would give a little value for him?
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,034

Post#4 » by Colbinii » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:59 pm

I've got LaVine worth more than Collins and Clarkson. I think LaVine can return expiring + minor assets while neither Collins nor Clarkson can return expiring.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,929

Post#5 » by ChettheJet » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:59 pm

The Bulls graciously thank you and do it. They may well consider moving Clarkson to a contender for a younger long term guy now and not at the deadline. The same would be their pan for Alex Caruso.

They bid farewell to Demar DeRozan, start Collins and a resigned Patrick Williams up front, Coby White and Ayo Dosunmu on the back line with the two younger guys off the bench.
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,035

Post#6 » by Residual-Heat » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:12 pm

I would hope that the Magic can get a better player than Sexton, but this trade is good value for them.

Not sure about the Jazz. Seems Jazz fans are high on Keyonte George and hes not a good fit with Cole and Lavine. Maybe they would do it if they can move Cole for another player.

I dont hate it for the Bulls, just to move on from Lavine.

All in all an interesting trade.
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,038

Post#7 » by mg » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:51 pm

Residual-Heat wrote:I would hope that the Magic can get a better player than Sexton, but this trade is good value for them.

Not sure about the Jazz. Seems Jazz fans are high on Keyonte George and hes not a good fit with Cole and Lavine. Maybe they would do it if they can move Cole for another player.

This trade would be a steal for Orlando and somewhat doubt they could get anyone better for Anthony + middling FRP type package. Sexton would be the best offensive guard on the team. No he's not Suggs defensively but at some point you need to add a few guys that can create and/or efficiently put the ball in the basket. Even if Magic add a Sexton type they would likely still need to add another guard thru trade or FA (Hield? Monk?). Hopefully Jett will develop into a professional sniper too. If Utah were to go down this road it would be solely for the FRP and not Cole. I highly doubt they would be adding someone like Lavine.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,667

Post#8 » by Skybox » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:42 pm

Good value trade for ORL but less ambitious than I’d hope for.

Sexton is very similar to Cole…admittedly better, but how much? Sexton has gaudier numbers and is more efficient but he’s also in more of a featured role this year.
Gert42
Senior
And1: 213

Post#9 » by Gert42 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:12 pm

I don't love it as a Jazz fan, (I think its fairly reasonable as a deal). I just don't know if I want to get into the Zach Lavine business, especially if it is just to flip him later. The Jazz are currently sitting on a negative John Collins deal with the "rehab value and flip" mindset.
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#10 » by HadAnEffectHere » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:32 pm

Gert42 wrote:I don't love it as a Jazz fan, (I think its fairly reasonable as a deal). I just don't know if I want to get into the Zach Lavine business, especially if it is just to flip him later. The Jazz are currently sitting on a negative John Collins deal with the "rehab value and flip" mindset.

Yeah, it worked very badly last year, but this would be a little better because LaVine has the positional versatility to play either 2 or 3 whereas Collins is a pure 5, forcing Kessler to the bench.
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,035

Post#11 » by Residual-Heat » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:22 pm

mg wrote:
Residual-Heat wrote:I would hope that the Magic can get a better player than Sexton, but this trade is good value for them.

This trade would be a steal for Orlando and somewhat doubt they could get anyone better for Anthony + middling FRP type package. Sexton would be the best offensive guard on the team. No he's not Suggs defensively but at some point you need to add a few guys that can create and/or efficiently put the ball in the basket. Even if Magic add a Sexton type they would likely still need to add another guard thru trade or FA (Hield? Monk?). Hopefully Jett will develop into a professional sniper too. If Utah were to go down this road it would be solely for the FRP and not Cole. I highly doubt they would be adding someone like Lavine.

Wasnt saying i want a better return for that package. What im saying is i want the Magic to target a better player even if it meant giving up better assets.
RookieJazz
Junior
And1: 43

Post#12 » by RookieJazz » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:05 pm

I like the OP trade. Well done. Fair for all sides.
Maybe Jazz could swap Sexton for WCJ instead.

Return to Trades and Transactions