Giddey for Kessler

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Astaluego
Freshman
And1: 24

Re: Giddey for Kessler 

Post#21 » by Astaluego » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:24 pm

Kessler doesn't fit me at all on the Thunder...I like Giddey for Kuzma (add value as needed) and draft someone like Filipowski
Old Mike Lorenzo
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,970

Post#22 » by shakes0 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:13 pm

JRoy wrote:
sonictecture wrote:
JRoy wrote:Not sure UTA has the stomach for the off court controversy that comes with Giddey.

I’m not familiar with what you’re referencing. Can you explain the controversy?

Allegations of inappropriate relationship with a minor.

no charges filed after long investigation. As far as I'm concerned nothing illegal happened.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,450

Post#23 » by JRoy » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:25 pm

shakes0 wrote:
JRoy wrote:
sonictecture wrote:I’m not familiar with what you’re referencing. Can you explain the controversy?

no charges filed after long investigation. As far as I'm concerned nothing illegal happened.

Fair enough.

Some franchises are leery of even the appearance of impropriety.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,826

Post#24 » by shrink » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:12 pm

JRoy wrote:
shakes0 wrote:
JRoy wrote:Allegations of inappropriate relationship with a minor.

Fair enough.

Agree, and you have to think Utah specifically would want to dodge sad stand up comedian jokes.

It’s horrible that this unproven allegation is going to haunt Giddey. Just our public lynch mob society today - guilty before being proven innocent, and maybe even after that.
Euphonetiks
Pro Prospect
And1: 338

Post#25 » by Euphonetiks » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:24 pm

JRoy wrote:
shakes0 wrote:
JRoy wrote:

Fair enough.

Would the franchise with a Karl Malone statue really be one of them?
Wolverine
Bench Warmer
And1: 113

Post#26 » by Wolverine » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:44 am

Euphonetiks wrote:
JRoy wrote:
shakes0 wrote:

Fair enough.

Would the franchise with a Karl Malone statue really be one of them?

Like the entire league with Kobe?
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,117

Post#27 » by jazzfan1971 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:33 am

I think teams in the West will need to have a rim defender moving forward. I think this could benefit both teams.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 14,088

Post#28 » by BK_2020 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:07 am

Wolverine wrote:Who says no?
OKC needs a solid big and Giddeybwould be a good compliment to both George and Sexton

OKC's solid big is Chet Holmgren.
guldakot
Rookie
And1: 549

Post#29 » by guldakot » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:44 am

I dont know what the deal would be but an Isiah Stewart would be a good fit next to Chet. Would take care of the inside banging and let Chet roam and cause Havok.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,925

Post#30 » by BlazersBroncos » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:13 pm

guldakot wrote:I dont know what the deal would be but an Isiah Stewart would be a good fit next to Chet. Would take care of the inside banging and let Chet roam and cause Havok.

If OKC fails to grab a bigger fish I like Stewart for a protected pick and filler.

Or even Dieng + a gaggle of SRP for him - think Osumane has some real potential but he is raw enough to need time to grow through mistakes which OKC is past now IMO.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,094

Post#31 » by slick_watts » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:17 pm

i am not a fan of stewart for the thunder but i would trade josh giddey for walker kessler.
Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,626

Post#32 » by Cappy_Smurf » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:45 pm

Utah declines.
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"
docholliday99
Sixth Man
And1: 924

Post#33 » by docholliday99 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:21 pm

BK_2020 wrote:
OKC needs a solid big and Giddeybwould be a good compliment to both George and Sexton

Nice thing about OKC is they have time, and despite Giddey's issue when he was 19, that has since been appropriately resolved, he really started to find his groove just before the playoffs (though his first game in the PO wasn't the greatest). He's a talent and I wouldn't trade him, no need to yet anyways, and not for a big like Kessler who's playstyle wouldn't fit.

TBH, if there was ever a deal on the table for a big, and Utah was the other team, it's Markkanen that I'd want. SGA, Giddey, Jalen, Markkanen, Chet would be a lot of fun - that's a lot of 3 ball and no one under 6'6"
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,329

Post#34 » by babyjax13 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:23 pm

docholliday99 wrote:
BK_2020 wrote:

Nice thing about OKC is they have time, and despite Giddey's issue when he was 19, that has since been appropriately resolved, he really started to find his groove just before the playoffs (though his first game in the PO wasn't the greatest). He's a talent and I wouldn't trade him, no need to yet anyways, and not for a big like Kessler who's playstyle wouldn't fit.

TBH, if there was ever a deal on the table for a big, and Utah was the other team, it's Markkanen that I'd want. SGA, Giddey, Jalen, Markkanen, Chet would be a lot of fun - that's a lot of 3 ball and no one under 6'6"

It would take a lot to get him, but that would be a really fantastic team to watch.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
BlazersBroncos
RealGM

Post#35 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:00 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
docholliday99 wrote:
BK_2020 wrote:OKC's solid big is Chet Holmgren.

It would take a lot to get him, but that would be a really fantastic team to watch.

I think the timeline speeding up for OKC makes a godfather offer to Lauri alot more sensible these days.

Giddey, Dieng, #12, 3-4 future FRP. If UTA has even slight interest in moving him IDK if you find anything better than that.

SGA / Dort / Jalen / Lauri / Chet is a unbelievable lineup. Then you still have Cason / Joe / Wiggins / Kenrich and ideally a MLE big off the bench. Not sure you can find a better group of guys to maximize the offensive skillset of SGA.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#36 » by babyjax13 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:05 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
docholliday99 wrote:

I think the timeline speeding up for OKC makes a godfather offer to Lauri alot more sensible these days.

Giddey, Dieng, #12, 3-4 future FRP. If UTA has even slight interest in moving him IDK if you find anything better than that.

SGA / Dort / Jalen / Lauri / Chet is a unbelievable lineup. Then you still have Cason / Joe / Wiggins / Kenrich and ideally a MLE big off the bench. Not sure you can find a better group of guys to maximize the offensive skillset of SGA.

Replace Giddey and Dieng with picks. I'm not trading Lauri for a bust and a guy due for an extension.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
docholliday99
Sixth Man
And1: 924

Post#37 » by docholliday99 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:29 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:It would take a lot to get him, but that would be a really fantastic team to watch.

Replace Giddey and Dieng with picks. I'm not trading Lauri for a bust and a guy due for an extension.

Giddey isn't a bust and not due for an extension for another year. Dieng 2 years. I think you're being shortsighted a bit, Giddey would be unleashed and in control. He's good enough. Plus 3-4 picks? great deal.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM

Post#38 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:33 pm

docholliday99 wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:

Giddey isn't a bust and not due for an extension for another year. Dieng 2 years. I think you're being shortsighted a bit, Giddey would be unleashed and in control. He's good enough. Plus 3-4 picks? great deal.

Ya and realistically Ainge and basically any other GM isnt going to simply trade for picks - some bodies have to be coming back and at least w/ Josh you can pump him up as the immediate return.

Giddey would probably be a 18 / 8 / 8 guy in UTA - efficiency will be the question. And Dieng, while he hasnt shown much there have been flashes (The last game of the season he showed some of that handle that really was the reason he was touted in the draft - really smooth with the ball at 6'10)

Dont see Ainge wanting 4-5 picks over 3-4 picks and Josh / Dieng.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#39 » by babyjax13 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:44 pm

docholliday99 wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:

Dieng has not shown anything and Giddey is due for an extension, not appealing for a rebuilding package. I'd be more interested in Cason Wallace.

JColl
SkyHook
Veteran
And1: 1,788

Post#40 » by SkyHook » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:18 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
docholliday99 wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:Replace Giddey and Dieng with picks. I'm not trading Lauri for a bust and a guy due for an extension.

Dieng has not shown anything and Giddey is due for an extension, not appealing for a rebuilding package. I'd be more interested in Cason Wallace.

Giddey + Dieng for Markannen is a nonstarter regardless of the picks involved. I don’t think a solely pick centric deal would have legs either. If Lauri gets moved, I suspect it’s only to a team that wants to accelerate their timetable and is willing to move a promising young player who can be a long term part of a new Jazz core. I don’t see Jalen Williams being moved by the Thunder, but that’s the ask if OKC comes calling. Anything short of a godfather offer is DOA, imo.
Don’t make it personal, don’t take it personal.

Sellers don’t set market value. Buyers don’t set market value.
Market value only exists when two (or more) parties are in agreement.

Return to Trades and Transactions