Toronto - Chicago (small trade)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,329

Toronto - Chicago (small trade) 

Post#1 » by Godaddycurse » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:56 am

Toronto trade: Boucher
Chicago trade: Carter

Why for Chicago: free up PG glut and add forward depth
Why for Toronto: get a back up PG with a good track record of 3 pt shooting/can play off ball to Barnes
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 8,967

Re: Toronto - Chicago (small trade) 

Post#2 » by meekrab » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:46 am

Both players suck but one of them can hit 3 pointers and the other cannot.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,939

Post#3 » by Mamba4Goat » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:39 am

I think Chicago would need a 2nd or two for the additional $$.

I don’t think I’d do it as Chicago regardless though. They could probably find a cheaper option for a lot less.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,048

Post#4 » by daoneandonly » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:16 pm

Yea Chi is owed something here. Boucher earns more while not being better than Carter.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,520

Post#5 » by Mavrelous » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:21 pm

Doesn't Carter have 2 years left? Don't see it for TOR, just let Boucher expire...
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#6 » by Godaddycurse » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:22 pm

daoneandonly wrote:Yea Chi is owed something here. Boucher earns more while not being better than Carter.

carter has an extra year coming off a down year/is owed more guaranteed money
MessiahUjiri
Analyst
And1: 3,767

Post#7 » by MessiahUjiri » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:26 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:Yea Chi is owed something here. Boucher earns more while not being better than Carter.

Yeah, both players suck. You’re not gonna get anything good for either…anyone trying to ask for extra incentives here is just classic fanboy fantasy.

For the Raps, I’d rather trade Boucher for one of the 2nds from OKC. I have no clue if OKC will want him though.
Fire everyone who doesn't win the NBA championship.

Tank for 2050. Robot players.

AbeVigodaLive wrote:NZ native, Steven Adams, was initially cast as Gandalf in Lord in the Rings... until Director Peter Jackson replaced him with a younger looking actor.
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#8 » by Godaddycurse » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:47 pm

Mamba4Goat wrote:I think Chicago would need a 2nd or two for the additional $$.

I don’t think I’d do it as Chicago regardless though. They could probably find a cheaper option for a lot less.

Carter is basically a bench warmer making 6.5M right now w/ Ayo & White and possibly Ball ahead of him on the depth chart. I doubt they can find someone better than Boucher for the extra 4M.

They also get off Carter's 2nd year and save money overall (13M vs 10.5M)
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,929

Post#9 » by ChettheJet » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:53 pm

For whatever reason Donovan just didn't want to play Carter. It's a blessing to just move on from him. I would say Boucher has run out of potential so the question is, is he good enough to actually play? I'd say Boucher is the backup 4 and the Bulls are very much in need of a starting 4. It would seem like the Bulls could find someone at least as good for less money or bring in somebody better for a long term deal and solidify the PF slot. I believe the plan will be to resign Patrick Williams to start at the 3 and sink of swim with him.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,533

Post#10 » by jayjaysee » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:55 pm

MessiahUjiri wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

Yeah, both players suck. You’re not gonna get anything good for either…anyone trying to ask for extra incentives here is just classic fanboy fantasy.

For the Raps, I’d rather trade Boucher for one of the 2nds from OKC. I have no clue if OKC will want him though.

I’m sorry but this looks like you said both players are terrible and then asked for a second?
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,533

Post#11 » by jayjaysee » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:57 pm

I don’t think Toronto should do it.

They don’t need to tie 6 million to Carter the following offseason for free. I think dumping that 6 million is worth a second for Chicago, but they really shouldn’t be spending any assets on their bench and their money problems go away with Lonzo next year anyways, even if they want to try and keep pushing for the play-in.
MessiahUjiri
Analyst
And1: 3,767

Post#12 » by MessiahUjiri » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:38 am

jayjaysee wrote:
MessiahUjiri wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

I’m sorry but this looks like you said both players are terrible and then asked for a second?

Yeah. I think a 2nd is basically one step above “free”, because most 2nds don’t pan out. If you notice, multiple 2nds get thrown together in trades as a volume filler when the team doesn’t want to give anything of real value.

I’d put the value of both players around a 2nd.
Fire everyone who doesn't win the NBA championship.

Tank for 2050. Robot players.

AbeVigodaLive wrote:NZ native, Steven Adams, was initially cast as Gandalf in Lord in the Rings... until Director Peter Jackson replaced him with a younger looking actor.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,601

Post#13 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:57 am

I think getting a second is doable, but maybe more so taking back a worse expiring. Not a 2nd and 10m cap space imo.

As for this trade, I’m fine with it but obviously Chicago has to figure out Derozan and Williams first and then see if they can take the extra money.

Might be easier to fit Boucher elsewhere as a result.

Return to Trades and Transactions