Can the Warriors get a stretch(ish) big?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,791

Can the Warriors get a stretch(ish) big? 

Post#1 » by gswhoops » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:41 pm

Warriors are a bit between a rock and a hard place when it comes to Draymond/Kuminga lineups. They are 2 of our 4-5 best players (depending on how you rank them) but neither is a full time 5 or a consistent 3pt shooter. To really unlock these lineups, it would be ideal to have a true big man who can stretch the floor at least a little.

Is there someone out there in trade or FA that we could reasonably get? Assume we have the full MLE to work with and Curry, Dray, Kuminga are off the table but anyone else can be had for the right deal (knowing that it would probably take a significant upgrade to give up Podz).

Some names that came to my mind: Isaiah Stewart, WCJ, Maxi Kleber, Jonas Valanciunas, Isaiah Hartenstein, Vucevic.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,129

Re: Can the Warriors get a stretch(ish) big? 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:04 pm

I mean if Lore gets his hands on the Wolves, Naz Reid is a likely cost cutting measure. He'd be on my list.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by gswhoops » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:08 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:I mean if Lore gets his hands on the Wolves, Naz Reid is a likely cost cutting measure. He'd be on my list.

I would love to get Naz, mostly because he kills us every time we play the Wolves.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,675

Post#4 » by Skybox » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:09 pm

Wendell Carter is younger than you think and a better perimeter defender than you think. He's super versatile and a lot of that isn't really being shown between Paolo & Franz. He's also an intelligent, likable guy that could handle complex offensive & defensive schemes. I think he'd be really good in GSW.

If I'm ORL, I'd want Podz and one of Moody or TJD to do it...or maybe explore a 3-way as GSW is so top-heavy with salary and ORL really needs backcourt scoring...Not Klay, imo.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by gswhoops » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Skybox wrote:Wendell Carter is younger than you think and a better perimeter defender than you think. He's super versatile and a lot of that isn't really being shown between Paolo & Franz. He's also an intelligent, likable guy that could handle complex offensive & defensive schemes. I think he'd be really good in GSW.

If I'm ORL, I'd want Podz and one of Moody or TJD to do it...or maybe explore a 3-way as GSW is so top-heavy with salary and ORL really needs backcourt scoring...Not Klay, imo.

I like WCJ but if the ask is Podz plus, I'd look elsewhere pretty quickly.

One idea I had tossed around in my head was a 3 teamer with the Hawks with Dejounte to Orlando, WCJ to GS, and Wiggins + GS 1st + picks and/or prospects from Orlando to Atlanta.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,865

Post#6 » by giberish » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:45 pm

I'd have WCJ as the best combination of quality and availability. If Orlando prefers Goga at center then he only has a backup role for them going forward, and you can argue that Isaac/Paolo should be getting some C minutes as well. While Orlando has some cap space to work with they may want more - perhaps to get two perimeter scoring threats as opposed to just one. IMO Podz is an overpay. A protected 1st and salary relief should get it done.

If Reid is on the market then he's a better fit, though I'm much less certain about his availability. It's tough to see Minny that eager to cut payroll after a long playoff run.

Resigning Saric can help. though IMO GS should have him and another guy (with Saric as more of a 9th/10th man). Kleiber isn't better than a 9th/10th man role at this point either.
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,858

Post#7 » by psman2 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:50 pm

Kelly O is the tier of guy the Warriors should be after. I got Podz>>WCJ in trade value.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by gswhoops » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:54 pm

psman2 wrote:Kelly O is the tier of guy the Warriors should be after. I got Podz>>WCJ in trade value.

Olynyk would be ideal but I assume he's not gettable for a reasonable price after Toronto gave up a first + extended him.
psman2
General Manager

Post#9 » by psman2 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:25 pm

gswhoops wrote:
psman2 wrote:Kelly O is the tier of guy the Warriors should be after. I got Podz>>WCJ in trade value.

Olynyk would be ideal but I assume he's not gettable for a reasonable price after Toronto gave up a first + extended him.

They gave up pick 29 and also got Ochai back too who was likely viewed as half the value. I think a top 18 protected 1st for Kelly O would have a high likelihood being accepted if GS wanted to offer it.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,049

Post#10 » by Colbinii » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:26 pm

Skybox wrote:

I'm sure you would, but this isn't remotely close.

I would rather have TJD at his contract than WCJ on his. Podz isn't even remotely in the discussion. He was a clear-cut Top 10 rookie who shoots/passes/rebounds at a high level and is competent defensively. This isn't a Jett Howard level prospect we are talking about here.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,428

Post#11 » by brackdan70 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:39 pm

The Green Kornet might be available in Free agency. Though he doesn’t stretch the floor in his current role I think he could if asked to. Hoisted 3s and made some early in his career and doesn’t miss from the line. I think a shooter is sleeping inside him…and the sleeper must awaken.
Sign here
psman2
General Manager

Post#12 » by psman2 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:43 pm

brackdan70 wrote:The Green Kornet might be available in Free agency. Though he doesn’t stretch the floor in his current role I think he could if asked to. Hoisted 3s and made some early in his career and doesn’t miss from the line. I think a shooter is sleeping inside him…and the sleeper must awaken.

He is a 100% 3pt shooting this year. Who do you think Boston wants to keep if it is between him and Tillman if you had to guess?
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,428

Post#13 » by brackdan70 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:49 pm

psman2 wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:The Green Kornet might be available in Free agency. Though he doesn’t stretch the floor in his current role I think he could if asked to. Hoisted 3s and made some early in his career and doesn’t miss from the line. I think a shooter is sleeping inside him…and the sleeper must awaken.

He is a 100% 3pt shooting this year. Who do you think Boston wants to keep if it is between him and Tillman if you had to guess?

I’d guess Tillman as he is much more versatile and they traded real assets for him. I assume Boston wants to keep both but I could see that being an unnecessary expense unless Kornet is willing to stay for the minimum or close to it. I’d guess he gets some better offers in free agency?
Yes he is 1 for 1 from 3 and it was a sweet stroke.
Sign here
Astaluego
Freshman
And1: 30

Post#14 » by Astaluego » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:13 pm

I repeat myself here...I think the Bulls are the perfect business partner... Vucevic/Caruso/Craig/DDR(ST) for Kuminga/CP3/Looney /GP2/Wiggins (3 team as Mavs)...

What is the ceiling of this team???

Curry/Podz
Caruso/Klay
DDR/Moody
Green/Garuba
Vucevic/Davis

I would say quite high
Old Mike Lorenzo
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,337

Post#15 » by babyjax13 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:26 pm

Astaluego wrote:I repeat myself here...I think the Bulls are the perfect business partner... Vucevic/Caruso/Craig/DDR(ST) for Kuminga/CP3/Looney /GP2/Wiggins (3 team as Mavs)...

Curry/Podz
Caruso/Klay
DDR/Moody
Green/Garuba
Vucevic/Davis

I would say quite high

The Warriors are not going to be able to take back DeRozan in a sign and trade because they will be hard capped.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,557

Post#16 » by HornetJail » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:34 pm

they're welcome to pretend Davis Bertans and Poku are NBA players
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
psman2
General Manager

Post#17 » by psman2 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:48 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
Astaluego wrote:I repeat myself here...I think the Bulls are the perfect business partner... Vucevic/Caruso/Craig/DDR(ST) for Kuminga/CP3/Looney /GP2/Wiggins (3 team as Mavs)...

Curry/Podz
Caruso/Klay
DDR/Moody
Green/Garuba
Vucevic/Davis

I would say quite high

The Warriors are not going to be able to take back DeRozan in a sign and trade because they will be hard capped.

That is what I thought at first glance too. But they could if they are actually sending out this much salary (81m) while taking in approx 60-65m here with DDR making an estimated 25-30m. They would still have some 25+m before hitting the 1st apron and could bring back Klay to something reasonable too.

But don't think that team has much of a ceiling. I would go Lavine over DDR/Vuc every time.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,248

Post#18 » by blind prophet » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:25 pm

There are some Kings fans interested in Wiggins. Should a deal get done there is Lyles you could ask to be part of the deal.
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,385

Post#19 » by PistolPeteJR » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:53 pm

Christian Wood.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,335

Post#20 » by Godaddycurse » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:00 pm

wiggins for vuc straight up

Return to Trades and Transactions