Atlanta | Chicago | Golden State: Eight Player Exchange

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,384

Atlanta | Chicago | Golden State: Eight Player Exchange 

Post#1 » by drosestruts » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:26 pm

Atlanta in: Coby White, Lonzo Ball, PDX 1st (lottery protected through 2028)
Atlanta out: Dejounte Murray

Chicago in: Dejounte Murray, Jonathan Kuminga, and Andrew Wiggins
Chicago out: Coby White, Lonzo Ball, Alex Caruso, Nikola Vucevic, Torrey Craig, and PDX 1st

Golden State in: Alex Caruso, Torrey Craig, and Nikola Vucevic
Golden State out: Jonathan Kuminga and Andrew Wiggins

Hawks:

Young/Ball
White/Bogdanovic/Bufkin
Hunter/Griffin
Johnson/
Capela/Okongwu/Fernando

Hawks add the younger Coby White who just finished 2nd in MIP voting. They also add Ball who if healthy does compliment the backcourt, if not, is an expiring contract bringing salary relief to Atlanta. They also get a potential future 1st.

Bulls:

Murray/Dosunmu/Carter
LaVine/Green/Bitim
Williams/Wiggins
Kuminga/Phillips
???

The Murray-LaVine-Williams-Kuminga 1-4 is a very modern, athletic grouping with good size. Quickly rebuilds the Bulls with a sub-30 core that's complimentary.

Does leave a gap at the center spot that the Bulls can look to fill via the draft (pick #11) and the MLE which they should have full access to after this trade. Could re-sign Drummond too via bird rights.

Warriors:

Curry/Paul
Caruso/Podz
Craig/Moody
Green/TJD/Santos
Vucevic/Looney

Warriors have been wanting Caruso for a while - they get their guy while offloading Wiggins' deal the process. Vucevic provides some size and rebounding up front with some hope he can re-find his scoring. Craig provides forward depth after the departure of Kuminga and Wiggins as a 3&d veteran.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,541

Re: Atlanta | Chicago | Golden State: Eight Player Exchange 

Post#2 » by jayjaysee » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:58 pm

Chicago should do either of these trades.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,929

Post#3 » by ChettheJet » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:03 pm

Nobody responding will think Wiggins comes off the bench behind Williams. I don't know if I'd go there. Maybe Kuminga becomes what people think they see, but he's not surrounded by the all stars in GSA. If yo think Phillips is good enough to be in the rotation then play him more behind somebody other than Kuminga. Yeah not ??? you need at least ??? more probably another ???.

Drummond might be happy to resign but you need at least one backup because what's out there is older than Andre or very unproven.

It looks good on value in and out for most of it but the Bulls are the only team left with that big space, and where does DeRozan go and for what? And with all those players in motion how does Carter stay in CHI? Bulls are better off keeping Craig with the Williams/Wiggins pair injured so often.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,512

Post#4 » by dms269 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:11 pm

Pretty sure Atlanta just did the whole bigger pg who we are forcing to play as a smaller sg thing already and it didn't work out well.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
drosestruts
General Manager

Post#5 » by drosestruts » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:41 pm

ChettheJet wrote:Nobody responding will think Wiggins comes off the bench behind Williams. I don't know if I'd go there. Maybe Kuminga becomes what people think they see, but he's not surrounded by the all stars in GSA. If yo think Phillips is good enough to be in the rotation then play him more behind somebody other than Kuminga. Yeah not ??? you need at least ??? more probably another ???.

Drummond might be happy to resign but you need at least one backup because what's out there is older than Andre or very unproven.

It looks good on value in and out for most of it but the Bulls are the only team left with that big space, and where does DeRozan go and for what? And with all those players in motion how does Carter stay in CHI? Bulls are better off keeping Craig with the Williams/Wiggins pair injured so often.

I left the ??? marks in a the center spot because this wasn't a full mock offseason, just exploring the concept of this three-team trade. But i did lay out the options of where the center rotation could come from:

Draft #11
Re-sign Drummond
Use the MLE to sign a center - Hartenstein would be great but he could also go for more than the MLE potentially. Could kick the tires on some young centers who perhaps just need more time to develop - Wiseman, Tilman, Hayes, Bamba

Could sign Sanogo to a real contract from the G-league.
drosestruts
General Manager

Post#6 » by drosestruts » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:42 pm

dms269 wrote:Pretty sure Atlanta just did the whole bigger pg who we are forcing to play as a smaller sg thing already and it didn't work out well.

Splitting hairs but I've always found Coby White to be more of a shooting guard that the Bulls force to play point guard.

Even in that fantastic game Coby just had against Atlanta he was more of a scorer than a point guard. DeRozan was the playmaker out there with 9 assists.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,666

Post#7 » by Coxy » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:19 am

Pretty underwhelming for Golden State. Vuc would drive the fans nuts, and I’d rather roll with Trayce at C. That to me renders the NV portion irrelevant. It falls apart after that.

Return to Trades and Transactions