Suns Blowup

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,382

Suns Blowup 

Post#1 » by pipfan » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:12 pm

1-KD to OKC for Giddy, Dieng plus the #12 this year and 3 future 1sts (Miami, Utah and one more)
OKC becomes the best team in the league and KD's deal runs out when Chet/JWill ready to max out. KD gets to come full circle as well and would love playing off Shai

2-Booker to BRK for Simmons, Clowney, Whitehead plus the Suns' picks back and the Dallas unprotected pick
BRK gets a stud SG to play next to Bridges-he's better than Mitchell, and they get him now

Suns would have to keep Beal probably, for now. They rebuild around
Dieng, Giddy, Clowney, Whitehead, the #12 and future picks/cap space. They'd be 15th in the West for sure for 2025-when the lotto looks good
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,562

Re: Suns Blowup 

Post#2 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:13 pm

I don't think they'd be interested but if I was Durant I would be trying to make that Thunder deal happen, both cause they're a great team and cause it would give him a face turn in the media.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,606

Post#3 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:16 pm

It would be fascinating if this happened.

From Brooklyn’s perspective I wouldn’t include Clowney in any deal. Phoenix can have Philly’s 1st instead.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,567

Post#4 » by jayjaysee » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:20 pm

Phoenix swaps are still tied to Washington and Memphis or Orlando after this.. they have dug in too deep to do the realgm pick back path..

I doubt they move anyone and just enjoy a 3 year run as a contender, even if it doesn’t get them to the finals.

But really don’t see them trading Booker for their picks back. Maybe they’d let a fraction of the value be their 2025 first to just get to tank for Flagg/Bailey I guess.

I think OKC should be open to it because of the fit.

And think Brooklyn would pay more than that to get Booker.
JKiddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 327

Post#5 » by JKiddy » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:24 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:It would be fascinating if this happened.

From Brooklyn’s perspective I wouldn’t include Clowney in any deal. Phoenix can have Philly’s 1st instead.

I wouldn't trade those Suns picks to be Brad Pitt in his prime! GTFOOH with trading those picks! They are now worth more than any picks over the next decade!
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,030

Post#6 » by R-DAWG » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:30 pm

I think the Booker for the picks back deal will be on the table in 12 or 24 months if PHX wants to move on from him then. So the question becomes do you run it back for another year with this group or do you move off Durant for more depth.
Astaluego
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#7 » by Astaluego » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:37 pm

Would it make sense for Beal to join the Lakers?... Assuming there is no other star available?... I don't see that after being so aggressive, they exploit him so soon
Old Mike Lorenzo
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,767

Post#8 » by nzahir » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:55 pm

Astaluego wrote:Would it make sense for Beal to join the Lakers?... Assuming there is no other star available?... I don't see that after being so aggressive, they exploit him so soon

Beal isnt worth 50m lol

Especially not with this new cba

KD is the guy we would/should go after

Reaves, Rui, JHS, 3 1sts, and a swap

Suns get some depth and can do a 3 teamer and get the suns back a pg or just make a deal after
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,562

Post#9 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:58 pm

Only way to trade Beal is to get another bad contract imo. Don't even know if Utah would be interested in pump and dump with Collins and Clarkson.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,127

Post#10 » by Colbinii » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:04 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:Only way to trade Beal is to get another bad contract imo. Don't even know if Utah would be interested in pump and dump with Collins and Clarkson.

Beal isn't waiving his NTC to go to Utah...
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,122

Post#11 » by Laimbeer » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:08 pm

JKiddy wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:It would be fascinating if this happened.

I wouldn't trade those Suns picks to be Brad Pitt in his prime! GTFOOH with trading those picks! They are now worth more than any picks over the next decade!

So if you get lucky, one of them might turn out to be as good as Booker? Dude is a flat out star. Those picks are question marks. It's not like they belong to the Pistons.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,056

Post#12 » by shrink » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:43 pm

Colbinii wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:Only way to trade Beal is to get another bad contract imo. Don't even know if Utah would be interested in pump and dump with Collins and Clarkson.

Beal isn't waiving his NTC to go to Utah...

If PHX traded Booker and KD for future picks, there might not be any reason for Beal to decline a trade. While he would probably use the NTC to try to direct himself to a desired location, he loses leverage, because most places would be more competitive than PHX after this deal.

EDIT: I thought I should add that we don’t know what any individual player would want. Beal turns 31 in June, and most players of this caliber want to find some success for their legacy, but Beal might be different.
JKiddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 327

Post#13 » by JKiddy » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:07 pm

Beal is playing like he is 38. I do not think anyone will ever take him unless its the vet min now.

Return to Trades and Transactions