OKC - Brooklyn

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,339

OKC - Brooklyn 

Post#1 » by Godaddycurse » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:31 am

OKC out: Giddey
Brooklyn out: DFS, Sharpe

Why for OKC: add needed front court depth
Why for Brooklyn: see if Giddey can flourish in a lead PG role
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,601

Re: OKC - Brooklyn 

Post#2 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:55 am

Kinda wanted to see a Bridges deal here but like the idea of this. I assume everyone will argue the value one way or the other and if OKC should only do a deal that guarantees a championship (note: no deal guarantees one).
Nice trade.
Big nick
Junior
And1: 325

Post#3 » by Big nick » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:03 am

I like it for okc
kds92
Pro Prospect
And1: 687

Post#4 » by kds92 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:41 am

Is Giddey's value that low? If so, think the fits are great for both teams
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,598

Post#5 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:38 am

Giddey is a liability defensively and legally.

I can’t see Brooklyn risking this kind of PR hit for a player of his caliber.

If OKC wants DFS, they can use one of their 1sts to acquire him.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,164

Post#6 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:34 am

DFS only has one more year before he opts out. And Sharpe is fine but not sure he can be a primary backup on a good team. It's a big value hit for OKC I don't see it. DFS had the most value at the deadline when he had two playoff runs on his contract. With just one and no extension ability not sure he can pull a 1st unless it's heavily protected.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,339

Post#7 » by Godaddycurse » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:25 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:DFS only has one more year before he opts out. And Sharpe is fine but not sure he can be a primary backup on a good team. It's a big value hit for OKC I don't see it. DFS had the most value at the deadline when he had two playoff runs on his contract. With just one and no extension ability not sure he can pull a 1st unless it's heavily protected.

Joshs value also took a hit with only 1 yr left before RFA and an underwhelming 3rd year
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,164

Post#8 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:43 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:DFS only has one more year before he opts out. And Sharpe is fine but not sure he can be a primary backup on a good team. It's a big value hit for OKC I don't see it. DFS had the most value at the deadline when he had two playoff runs on his contract. With just one and no extension ability not sure he can pull a 1st unless it's heavily protected.

Joshs value also took a hit with only 1 yr left before RFA and an underwhelming 3rd year

His efficiency is up. Josh has the same FG% and a better free throw percentage, with Scottie having a slightly better three point percentage. But Josh is playing fewer minutes because he's on a 1 seed, while Scottie doesn't have any pressure to win. And Josh is a year younger.

Now, I think Scottie has more value than Josh. But the comps aren't that far apart here and definitely not for what is basically late teens to late 1st value in the OP.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,598

Post#9 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:15 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

His efficiency is up. Josh has the same FG% and a better free throw percentage, with Scottie having a slightly better three point percentage. But Josh is playing fewer minutes because he's on a 1 seed, while Scottie doesn't have any pressure to win. And Josh is a year younger.

Now, I think Scottie has more value than Josh. But the comps aren't that far apart here and definitely not for what is basically late teens to late 1st value in the OP.

I think the comps are very far apart.

Scottie is a strong defensive player who can guard 1-4.

Giddey isn’t and the reason his value is low extends far beyond on court performance.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,101

Post#10 » by slick_watts » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:27 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:His efficiency is up. Josh has the same FG% and a better free throw percentage, with Scottie having a slightly better three point percentage. But Josh is playing fewer minutes because he's on a 1 seed.

lets be honest. he's playing fewer minutes because he's often unplayable in 4th quarters and outproduced by bench players.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,575

Post#11 » by Devilanche » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 pm

slick_watts wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:His efficiency is up. Josh has the same FG% and a better free throw percentage, with Scottie having a slightly better three point percentage. But Josh is playing fewer minutes because he's on a 1 seed.

lets be honest. he's playing fewer minutes because he's often unplayable in 4th quarters and outproduced by bench players.

Yeap , he needs to be on a team that need a ball handler and can afford to wait for his 3 point shot and defence to mature abit more .
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.

Return to Trades and Transactions