Trade offers for AD?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,524

Re: Trade offers for AD? 

Post#21 » by Wolveswin » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:14 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:Cason + Giddey + Dieng + #12 + 3(?) future FRP

Does that get beat? If LAL is moving to a rebuild, which they should, I am not sure who beats that offer.

G - Shai Gilgeous-Alexander / Kyle Lowry or Chris Paul (Vet MIN)
G - Lou Dort / Isaiah Joe
F - Jalen Williams / Aaron Wiggins
F - Chet Holmgren / Kenrich Williams
C - Anthony Davis / Jalen Smith (MLE)

Bench could use another scorer but that is up there w/ Boston for most talented team in the league.

I don’t think anyone beats that offer. I also think Presti doesn’t offer that. I don’t think he has been stocking his war chest to spend on 50M+ worth of 31 (37 in Davis years) Anthony Davis.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#22 » by Wolveswin » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:27 pm

To Heat: AD + Vincent + Cavs Filler

To Cavs: Herro + Jaquez + 2029 Heat 1st

To Lakers: Mitchell + Robinson

Can Heat go after Mitchell direct? Sure thing. If Mitchell expresses Miami is a destination he likes, and Heat think Mitchell works with Rozier and Butler…cut out Lakers. If not…

Davis and Bam complete their awesome frontcourt.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,247

Post#23 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:29 pm

mg wrote:
MoreyWins wrote:Could OKC make a grandfather offer that doesn't include their Big 3? Actually, would they go all in?

Love AD but his window doesn't quite match OKC. I don't see Presti chasing him.

They won the West. I mean what are they waiting for lol? I know some people think windows last forever, but they come and go fast. OKC understands this probably better than most with their 3 future MVP's all 21 or younger and nothing to show from that.

OKC is ready to win now. Clearly. Not everyone on your team has to be the same age.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,074

Post#24 » by Residual-Heat » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:36 pm

Thunder would be stupid not to make an a big offer.

He'd be a great fit on the Magic next to Paolo too, but dont see that happening.

Pelicans next to Zion would be great.

IF AD was on the trade market he will get a lot of offers, and the Lakers will get a lot in return.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,431

Post#25 » by nate33 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:38 pm

giberish wrote:It's really tough to get younger and better in the same trade because other teams aren't eager to get older and worse. Granted some picks added in can make it happen, but I'm not sure how much a team trading for AD (a clear win-now move) will be tempted by them.

Perfectly stated.

The thread is pointless. You can't get younger and better unless you find a trade partner who wants to get older and worse.
Swish1906
Head Coach
And1: 10,749

Post#26 » by Swish1906 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:44 pm

A Looney Tunes Golden Collection. Probably an overpay but that’s all I pay, folks…
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,221

Post#27 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:49 pm

Would definitely make a big offer if I’m OKC. Can afford to also invest in a reliable backup. Last year is tough when extensions for the youths kick in, but you just figure that out.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,555

Post#28 » by jayjaysee » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:03 pm

Wolveswin wrote:

Does that get beat? If LAL is moving to a rebuild, which they should, I am not sure who beats that offer.

Bench could use another scorer but that is up there w/ Boston for most talented team in the league.

I don’t think anyone beats that offer. I also think Presti doesn’t offer that. I don’t think he has been stocking his war chest to spend on 50M+ worth of 31 (37 in Davis years) Anthony Davis.

This doesn’t even empty the war chest though. You still end up with an extra 3-5 first round picks and some valuable swaps (LAC/Dallas)

But I think the offer would take Cason out and add a first. Though you pay Cason if you have to obviously..
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,943

Post#29 » by BlazersBroncos » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:30 pm

jayjaysee wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:

This doesn’t even empty the war chest though. You still end up with an extra 3-5 first round picks and some valuable swaps (LAC/Dallas)

But I think the offer would take Cason out and add a first. Though you pay Cason if you have to obviously..

I think OKC would rather include 2 FRP than include Cason but I think LAL would demand him and I don’t think you can miss a chance in adding AD to that OKC squad and let Wallace be the sticking point.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,074

Post#30 » by JustBuzzin » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:54 pm

LaMelo + top 3 pick

That's a box office trade for the Lakers
They get their young PG and California kid LaMelo and another top 3 pick to start the rebuild.

If LeBron wants out they can get even more assets.
facothomas22
Veteran
And1: 1,608

Post#31 » by facothomas22 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:04 pm

On paper, the Lakers would be smart to trade AD this off season. The issue is what would his trade market would actually look like? He's 31 years old with a injury history, a massive contract,doesn't know how to make 3pt shots,inconsistent overall. If I was a GM of other teams in the NBA, I would be very, very cautious about giving up real value for someone who has a big of a contract,shooting issues, and injury history that AD has.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,943

Post#32 » by BlazersBroncos » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:11 pm

facothomas22 wrote:On paper, the Lakers would be smart to trade AD this off season. The issue is what would his trade market would actually look like? He's 31 years old with a injury history, a massive contract,doesn't know how to make 3pt shots,inconsistent overall. If I was a GM of other teams in the NBA, I would be very, very cautious about giving up real value for someone who has a big of a contract,shooting issues, and injury history that AD has.

This is why OKC makes so much sense. He would be load managed during the RS as the team talent level even w/o AD would be good enough for HCA. He wouldnt be asked to be relied on offensively nearly at the same level as he is now (A great thing as AD is so inconsistent when leaned on as a #1 or #2).

You would have OKC need to go out and find a competent regular season C to keep the AD minutes low but that can be found pretty easily - especially if your willing to sign a non-shooter (Drummond comes to mind). Or throw the full MLE at Jalen Smith and cross your fingers that his 3PT shooting is relatively sustainable.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,556

Post#33 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:13 pm

I think they could get Durant for him if Lakers wanted to do the Hulk Hogan+Macho Man. But don't think it'd be wise. You could do a follow up trade for an athletic big I suppose.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#34 » by Wolveswin » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:23 pm

Trae Young. Get James a scoring PG

Davis + Reaves + Vincent

FOR

Trae + Capela
facothomas22
Veteran
And1: 1,608

Post#35 » by facothomas22 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:24 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:
facothomas22 wrote:On paper, the Lakers would be smart to trade AD this off season. The issue is what would his trade market would actually look like? He's 31 years old with a injury history, a massive contract,doesn't know how to make 3pt shots,inconsistent overall. If I was a GM of other teams in the NBA, I would be very, very cautious about giving up real value for someone who has a big of a contract,shooting issues, and injury history that AD has.

This is why OKC makes so much sense. He would be load managed during the RS as the team talent level even w/o AD would be good enough for HCA. He wouldnt be asked to be relied on offensively nearly at the same level as he is now (A great thing as AD is so inconsistent when leaned on as a #1 or #2).

You would have OKC need to go out and find a competent regular season C to keep the AD minutes low but that can be found pretty easily - especially if your willing to sign a non-shooter (Drummond comes to mind). Or throw the full MLE at Jalen Smith and cross your fingers that his 3PT shooting is relatively sustainable.

Giving up draft capital to pay someone a bloated contract to be a 3rd option seems like a dumb investment to me, even for a team with as many picks as OKC. OKC would almost be better off pulling off a sign and trade deal for Nic Claxton, while also still signing Andre Drummond to solve their big man issues.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,555

Post#36 » by jayjaysee » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:28 pm

facothomas22 wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:

Giving up draft capital to pay someone a bloated contract to be a 3rd option seems like a dumb investment to me, even for a team with as many picks as OKC. OKC would almost be better off pulling off a sign and trade deal for Nic Claxton, while also still signing Andre Drummond to solve their big man issues.

AD could be rested in the regular season so he can ideally be the playoff/finals MVP.. even if it still goes to SGA.

No team would be better with worse players. Though OKC doesn’t need to sign and trade Claxton; they have 30 million in cap space..
Astaluego
Sophomore
And1: 37

Post#37 » by Astaluego » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:33 pm

The Bulls get involved... They send White/Caruso/Vuc+ the rookie chosen in the lottery...
Lakers are starting to think about the future by getting a very talented young man in White + the lottery pick and a couple of veterans to stay competitive.
Old Mike Lorenzo
Threezus
Veteran
And1: 1,622

Post#38 » by Threezus » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:08 am

Wolveswin wrote:Trae Young. Get James a scoring PG

Davis + Reaves + Vincent

FOR

Trae + Capela

If his contract wasn't running out next year i would take this deal lol.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#39 » by Wolveswin » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:08 am

Threezus wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:Trae Young. Get James a scoring PG

Davis + Reaves + Vincent

FOR

Trae + Capela

If his contract wasn't running out next year i would take this deal lol.

Capela? Or Vincent? Davis and Trae contracts don’t “run out next year.”
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,226

Post#40 » by Dadouv47 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:08 pm

I would do this. If somehow we can keep Cason and add 2-3 FRPs and swaps instead it would be better but he's not a deal breaker for AD of course.

Return to Trades and Transactions