Hornets/Lakers blockbuster

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

HornetsFan29
Bench Warmer
And1: 952

Hornets/Lakers blockbuster 

Post#1 » by HornetsFan29 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:25 pm

Sign & Trade

Hornets Get Anthony Davis

Lakers Get Miles Bridges & Lamelo Ball.

Hornets roll the dice with Davis and go for the playoffs next season.

a core of MIller,Davis,And Williams would be fun to watch in the east.

Lakers get younger and keep building around Lebron
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,083

Re: Hornets/Lakers blockbuster 

Post#2 » by JustBuzzin » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:41 pm

Why not just trade LaMelo and the top 3 pick for AD?

I think the Lakers would rather have the top 3 pick over Bridges.
louc1970
Senior
And1: 163

Post#3 » by louc1970 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:58 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:Why not just trade LaMelo and the top 3 pick for AD?

But wouldn't Charlotte rather have the pick? At worst the pick is #6, which brings in a Clingan, Sarr, Risacher player.
I would switch from Bridges and offer Williams instead. Resign Bridges for average money.
Best result would be if Hornets pick is top 2 and Spurs get Toronto's pick and fall in love with a player. Trade top 2 for both of Spurs and reload with some youth.
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#4 » by JustBuzzin » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:07 pm

louc1970 wrote:

But wouldn't Charlotte rather have the pick? At worst the pick is #6, which brings in a Clingan, Sarr, Risacher player.
I would switch from Bridges and offer Williams instead. Resign Bridges for average money.
Best result would be if Hornets pick is top 2 and Spurs get Toronto's pick and fall in love with a player. Trade top 2 for both of Spurs and reload with some youth.

No because if the goal is to make the playoffs Bridges gives us a better chance than another rookie.

I assume the Lakers would rebuild if they trade AD so they would probably want the lottery pick over Bridges.
HornetsFan29
Bench Warmer

Post#5 » by HornetsFan29 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:14 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
louc1970 wrote:

No because if the goal is to make the playoffs Bridges gives us a better chance than another rookie.

I assume the Lakers would rebuild if they trade AD so they would probably want the lottery pick over Bridges.

Lakers are not rebuilding as long as Lebron is still there. Lakers have no time to wait for a top 3 pick to develop when time is running out for Lebron. We have time to wait out goal is just to make the playoffs next year and bring excitement back to the city after all the years of pain they have brought us.
louc1970
Senior
And1: 163

Post#6 » by louc1970 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:26 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
louc1970 wrote:

Concern I would have is Bridges defense is just not good enough. I would gamble on the pick.
HornetsFan29
Bench Warmer

Post#7 » by HornetsFan29 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:45 pm

louc1970 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
louc1970 wrote:But wouldn't Charlotte rather have the pick? At worst the pick is #6, which brings in a Clingan, Sarr, Risacher player.

Concern I would have is Bridges defense is just not good enough. I would gamble on the pick.

plus a lot of hornets fans want to move on from Bridges and don't want him with his history of beating women.

This would be the time to do it new coach new GM new era time to start fresh.
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#8 » by JustBuzzin » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:48 pm

HornetsFan29 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
louc1970 wrote:But wouldn't Charlotte rather have the pick? At worst the pick is #6, which brings in a Clingan, Sarr, Risacher player.

Lakers are not rebuilding as long as Lebron is still there. Lakers have no time to wait for a top 3 pick to develop when time is running out for Lebron. We have time to wait out goal is just to make the playoffs next year and bring excitement back to the city after all the years of pain they have brought us.
Lebron is 40.

If you're trying to contend with a 40 yr old LeBron as your best player you are just wasting time.

If they trade AD they need to rebuild. LeBron can retire with some younger legs around him. He has nothing else to prove retire as a Lakers and enjoy running with some young athletes.
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#9 » by JustBuzzin » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:50 pm

louc1970 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:

Is this trade even legal?

Bridges is a FA can you combine him with LaMelo that's a lot salary coming in for the Lakers.
HornetsFan29
Bench Warmer

Post#10 » by HornetsFan29 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:55 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
HornetsFan29 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:No because if the goal is to make the playoffs Bridges gives us a better chance than another rookie.

Lebron is 40.

If you're trying to contend with a 40 yr old LeBron as your best player you are just wasting time.

If they trade AD they need to rebuild. LeBron can retire with some younger legs around him. He has nothing else to prove retire as a Lakers and enjoy running with some young athletes.

I think Melo would be there best player that is if he can stay on the court.He was averaging like 30 ppg a game doing that run he was healthy.the talent is there him & Lebron would be fun to watch together and add in Bridges who Melo likes I think they could contend aslong they all stay healthy.
HornetsFan29
Bench Warmer

Post#11 » by HornetsFan29 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:56 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
louc1970 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:No because if the goal is to make the playoffs Bridges gives us a better chance than another rookie.

Bridges is a FA can you combine him with LaMelo that's a lot salary coming in for the Lakers.

its a sign and trade after we sign Bridges to a deal.
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#12 » by JustBuzzin » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:59 pm

HornetsFan29 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
louc1970 wrote:Concern I would have is Bridges defense is just not good enough. I would gamble on the pick.

So who are we getting back for Bridges?

You can't combine both Melo and Bridges together in the same trade. Salary has to match.
HornetsFan29
Bench Warmer

Post#13 » by HornetsFan29 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:05 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
HornetsFan29 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Is this trade even legal?

You can't combine both Melo and Bridges together in the same trade. Salary has to match.

we was getting Davis Back.
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,864

Post#14 » by Jadoogar » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:09 pm

Why does Charlotte want to do this? Wouldn't they want to pair Lamelo and AD together?
Lamelo is a decent buy low (ish) candidate, if he can stay healthy he could reach the Trae Young level .
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#15 » by JustBuzzin » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:09 pm

HornetsFan29 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
HornetsFan29 wrote:

Oh so the Lakers can go over the cap to sign Bridges because he's included in the trade for AD?

I mean I like the trade either way. I just thought they would probably value the draft pick over another big salary player like Bridges.

Who would you take with the draft pick?
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#16 » by JustBuzzin » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:11 pm

Jadoogar wrote:Why does Charlotte want to do this? Wouldn't they want to pair Lamelo and AD together?
Lamelo is a decent buy low (ish) candidate, if he can stay healthy he could reach the Trae Young level .

Because Miller is potentially better than LaMelo and isn't on a supermax so we have no other contracts to match his salary.
Euphonetiks
Pro Prospect
And1: 338

Post#17 » by Euphonetiks » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:36 pm

Why would the hornets want to give up value for a 32 y/o Anthony Davis?

He doesn’t fit a timeline. Have to imagine if they trade LaMelo it’s more for a picks and prospect based package.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,561

Post#18 » by HornetJail » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:41 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
Jadoogar wrote:Why does Charlotte want to do this? Wouldn't they want to pair Lamelo and AD together?

Because Miller is potentially better than LaMelo and isn't on a supermax so we have no other contracts to match his salary.

That's not a reason. LaMelo and Miller can very easily play together. I'd rather stick with Melo and hope he's able to play 60-65 games again
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
HornetsFan29
Bench Warmer

Post#19 » by HornetsFan29 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:44 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
HornetsFan29 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:So who are we getting back for Bridges?

Oh so the Lakers can go over the cap to sign Bridges because he's included in the trade for AD?

I mean I like the trade either way. I just thought they would probably value the draft pick over another big salary player like Bridges.

Who would you take with the draft pick?

to be honest I don't really have a favorite at the moment in this draft. I just leave it up to the new GM to pick the right guy. This draft don't really have a clear guy its all up in the air.
HornetsFan29
Bench Warmer

Post#20 » by HornetsFan29 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:48 pm

HornetJail wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:

That's not a reason. LaMelo and Miller can very easily play together. I'd rather stick with Melo and hope he's able to play 60-65 games again

Melo also can't stay healthy so if we get a chance to get out of that contract we should do it. I love Melo but these last few years with him being hurt has been rough and with his family injury history it might be wise to move on. Miller can be our face of the francise and we build around him.

Return to Trades and Transactions