UTA-CHI-POR-NOP

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 808

UTA-CHI-POR-NOP 

Post#1 » by HadAnEffectHere » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:03 pm

Utah gets: Lonzo Ball's expiring contract
Portland gets: Vucevic, three second round picks from Chicago, three second round picks from New Orleans, Larry Nance
Chicago gets: Malcolm Brogdon, John Collins
New Orleans gets: Robert Williams

Why for Utah: Get off of John Collins' contract
Why for Portland: Get some OK picks
Why for Chicago: Upgrade at C and PG to hopefully make postseason next year with LaVine back
Why for New Orleans: Take a swing a risky, high upside center who doesn't fit your team offensively, but is cheap and fits well defensively if healthy.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,355

Re: UTA-CHI-POR-NOP 

Post#2 » by babyjax13 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:24 pm

I think Chicago is tearing it down. They also don't need another guard with White/Carter/Dosunmu/Lavine. They have 48 solid minutes at 1 and 2, it is other spots that are the problem. I also think that Vucevic to Collins is a significant enough downgrade + increase in gtd. Salary that they are owed. Maybe Collins for Ball can be something, just not sure the rest works.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
OutsidetheNBA
Junior
And1: 173

Post#3 » by OutsidetheNBA » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:25 pm

Not enough for Portland imo. A few 2nds is probably fair for Brogdon, but I think they'd want a 1st for Rob Williams. And if no one wants to offer that coming off yet another injury, that's fine -- just let him play until the trade deadline and hope he shows teams he's healthy and effective. Better to try to raise his value then just settle for middling return now.
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man

Post#4 » by HadAnEffectHere » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:27 pm

babyjax13 wrote:I think Chicago is tearing it down. They also don't need another guard with White/Carter/Dosunmu/Lavine. They have 48 solid minutes at 1 and 2, it is other spots that are the problem. I also think that Vucevic to Collins is a significant enough downgrade + increase in gtd. Salary that they are owed. Maybe Collins for Ball can be something, just not sure the rest works.

Ehh, I think Collins is better than Vuc at this point because Vuc is bad at everything whereas Collins is at least an above average shooter for a center.

Vuc was one of the worst defenders in the NBA, had a 93 TS+, and shot 29.4% from three last year.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,930

Post#5 » by ChettheJet » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:58 pm

The Bulls don't want Brogdan unless at least two of Lavine, Caruso, Carter are on their way out. Collins has been a PF until this year when Utah had no center so they put him there. The Bulls could use Collins at the PF. Obviously you have never watched a Bulls game and just see stats. True Vucevic is no defensive giant. Did you see how many double doubles he had, did you notice his scoring average, did you see who was playing the PF next to him the past 2 seasons? No you found your two stats to make your case.

I don't even know how far out the Bulls would have to go to find 3 1nd round picks, they had to buy one last draft.

I still don't get how people cling to this fairy tale that some team is going to take the $21M gamble on Lonzo Ball or just spend that amount of cap money not caring if he can play. Why is anybody bailing out the Bulls to that degree? All UT does is get out of $5 million this year, they could easily trade an expiring Collins to the Bulls for something of value.
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man

Post#6 » by HadAnEffectHere » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:40 pm

ChettheJet wrote:The Bulls don't want Brogdan unless at least two of Lavine, Caruso, Carter are on their way out. Collins has been a PF until this year when Utah had no center so they put him there. The Bulls could use Collins at the PF. Obviously you have never watched a Bulls game and just see stats. True Vucevic is no defensive giant. Did you see how many double doubles he had, did you notice his scoring average, did you see who was playing the PF next to him the past 2 seasons? No you found your two stats to make your case.

I don't even know how far out the Bulls would have to go to find 3 1nd round picks, they had to buy one last draft.

I still don't get how people cling to this fairy tale that some team is going to take the $21M gamble on Lonzo Ball or just spend that amount of cap money not caring if he can play. Why is anybody bailing out the Bulls to that degree? All UT does is get out of $5 million this year, they could easily trade an expiring Collins to the Bulls for something of value.

John Collins cannot play PF at all anymore. We had a center we sent to the bench and demoralized just so John Collins was playable.
balsamic_ducks
Junior
And1: 224

Post#7 » by balsamic_ducks » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:58 pm

OutsidetheNBA wrote:Not enough for Portland imo. A few 2nds is probably fair for Brogdon, but I think they'd want a 1st for Rob Williams. And if no one wants to offer that coming off yet another injury, that's fine -- just let him play until the trade deadline and hope he shows teams he's healthy and effective. Better to try to raise his value then just settle for middling return now.

Robert Williams isn’t fetching a 1st. I understand if Portland doesn’t want to trade him for less than that though but with his injury history he’s not getting that unless they take back a bad contract

Return to Trades and Transactions