LaVine to Sacramento

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,373

LaVine to Sacramento 

Post#1 » by babyjax13 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:51 pm

I'm sure this has been proposed, but in thinking about a perfect fit for LaVine, I think he'd be terrifying in Sacramento where he could play off of Sabonis' playmaking and Fox's rim-pressure. I am aware this is a less-than-perfect defensive fit, but I think the Kings can be so potent offensively after adding LaVine that it would still elevate them as a team.

SAC trades: Harrison Barnes, Kevin Huerter, Davion Mitchell, 2025 POR 2nd, 2027 SAC 1st (1-14 protected, otherwise 2 2nds)
CHI trades: Zach LaVine, Jevon Carter
Chicago saves money and gets some flippable players + an early 2nd in 2025 and a probable 1st in 2026. Sacramento upgrades their offense pretty substantially and clears the way for Keon Ellis to start at small forward. They'll still have their 2028 & 2030 1sts plus tradeable salary to trade if the perfect fitting power forward comes along, but a starting 5 of: Fox/LaVine/Ellis/Murray/Sabonis, should be really potent offensively and likely incredibly fun to watch.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,309

Re: LaVine & Thybulle to Sacramento 

Post#2 » by SNPA » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:53 pm

LaVine as a Monk replacement could make some sense but only for cheap.

I don’t see Thybulle in the deal.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#3 » by babyjax13 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:54 pm

SNPA wrote:LaVine as a Monk replacement could make some sense but only for cheap.

I changed the idea but not the title lol

I debated about the protected first, not sure if it should or should not be there.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,717

Post#4 » by kalenclayton » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:05 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
SNPA wrote:LaVine as a Monk replacement could make some sense but only for cheap.

I debated about the protected first, not sure if it should or should not be there.

He might be worth that lotto protected 1st, maybe, but I don’t think the Kings offer it. Without the 1st, I can see this having legs.
Jkam31
Head Coach
And1: 5,681

Re: LaVine to Sacramento 

Post#5 » by Jkam31 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:35 pm

Starting three guards, Keegan and Sabonis is malpractice Chicago has to send Patrick Williams
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,161

Post#6 » by OxAndFox » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:47 pm

I mean Sacramento struggled offensively after the AS break. Lavine would help solve that problem, but can Mike Brown be THE guy to turn him into a winning team player that puts effort on the defensive end?

I would prefer to go down the Grant route...OR if you are doing Lavine, do both Grant and Lavine. Not sure if it can be built into 1 trade though.

Sac outgoing: #13/'25 POR 2nd/ '27 SAC 1st (1-14 protected, otherwise 2 2nds)/ Barnes/ Huerter/ Mitchell/ Lyles/ Davion/ Duarte.
Can you get that done do you think babyjax?

Sign Monk 4/$78m and then you need some cheap guys to fill it in. Not sure how deep that would put the Kings into the tax or whether it's doable.

Fox/Monk/Vet min
Lavine/Ellis/Jones
Murray/??/Edwards
Grant/Vezenkov/??
Sabonis/Len/McGee
vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 4,042

Post#7 » by vxmike » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:05 pm

kalenclayton wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

He might be worth that lotto protected 1st, maybe, but I don’t think the Kings offer it. Without the 1st, I can see this having legs.

Add Patrick Williams coming from Chicago. That would be a nice lineup for SAC.

Sabonis
Murray
P. Williams
Lavine
Fox

The Bulls would probably want more though. Sacramento probably is the best basketball fit for Lavine at this point. He needs to be the 2nd/3rd option for a team that needs one more piece.
vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 4,042

Post#8 » by vxmike » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:07 pm

OxAndFox wrote:I mean Sacramento struggled offensively after the AS break. Lavine would help solve that problem, but can Mike Brown be THE guy to turn him into a winning team player that puts effort on the defensive end?

I would prefer to go down the Grant route...OR if you are doing Lavine, do both Grant and Lavine. Not sure if it can be built into 1 trade though.

Sac outgoing: #13/'25 POR 2nd/ '27 SAC 1st (1-14 protected, otherwise 2 2nds)/ Barnes/ Huerter/ Mitchell/ Lyles/ Davion/ Duarte.

Sign Monk 4/$78m and then you need some cheap guys to fill it in. Not sure how deep that would put the Kings into the tax or whether it's doable.

Fox/Monk/Vet min
Lavine/Ellis/Jones
Murray/??/Edwards
Grant/Vezenkov/??
Sabonis/Len/McGee

With Murray due an extension soon there’s no way Sac can afford it. They’d have five guys making $30m+
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,505

Post#9 » by pillwenney » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:11 pm

OxAndFox wrote:I mean Sacramento struggled offensively after the AS break. Lavine would help solve that problem, but can Mike Brown be THE guy to turn him into a winning team player that puts effort on the defensive end?

Fox/Monk/Vet min
Lavine/Ellis/Jones
Murray/??/Edwards
Grant/Vezenkov/??
Sabonis/Len/McGee

I'd also prefer the Grant option. But I could convince myself of Lavine IF we could work Caruso into the deal. I'm sure that changes some things about the deal, but adding a defensive difference maker like Caruso would be what swung me on Lavine.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#10 » by babyjax13 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:21 pm

vxmike wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:I changed the idea but not the title lol

Sabonis
Murray
P. Williams
Lavine
Fox

The Bulls would probably want more though. Sacramento probably is the best basketball fit for Lavine at this point. He needs to be the 2nd/3rd option for a team that needs one more piece.

Keon Ellis is better than Williams, IMO, but Williams would be a nice 3rd guy in their forward rotation.

JColl
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,161

Post#11 » by OxAndFox » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:43 pm

vxmike wrote:

Fox/Monk/Vet min
Lavine/Ellis/Jones
Murray/??/Edwards
Grant/Vezenkov/??
Sabonis/Len/McGee

With Murray due an extension soon there’s no way Sac can afford it. They’d have five guys making $30m+

I don't think it would be a long term team, not sustainable as you mention. It would be for next season and then you essentially make the decisions required to progress. That means everyone is on the table.
Jkam31
Head Coach

Post#12 » by Jkam31 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:09 pm

Fox/Monk/Vet min
Lavine/Ellis/Jones
Murray/??/Edwards
Grant/Vezenkov/??
Sabonis/Len/McGee

vxmike wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:

Sabonis
Murray
P. Williams
Lavine
Fox

Unless we’re getting Bridges or Caruso than ellis has to start all Lavine will do is take shots away from Fox and Keegan. Lavine is coming in to play the monk role not start
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,270

Post#13 » by Dan Z » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:04 am

kalenclayton wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

If I'm the Bulls and there's no pick then I turn it down. I'd play LaVine a bit next year to try and build up his value.

Maybe the Bulls add some value and Sacramento keeps the pick in there? Something like a 2nd or two? Or Dalen Terry? Or Julian Phillips?

I don't see Sacramento considering this unless Monk leaves.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#14 » by babyjax13 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:08 am

Dan Z wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:

If I'm the Bulls and there's no pick then I turn it down. I'd play LaVine a bit next year to try and build up his value.

Maybe the Bulls add some value and Sacramento keeps the pick in there? Something like a 2nd or two? Or Dalen Terry? Or Julian Phillips?

I don't see how LaVine's value could change. If he comes back and averages 25 a game on a bad team again like he always does that won't materially change how people view him.

JColl
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#15 » by Dan Z » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:12 am

babyjax13 wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:He might be worth that lotto protected 1st, maybe, but I don’t think the Kings offer it. Without the 1st, I can see this having legs.

I don't see how LaVine's value could change. If he comes back and averages 25 a game on a bad team again like he always does that won't materially change how people view him.

He can show that he's healthy plus a team might be in a different position at that point. What I mean is maybe a team is struggling and then looks at LaVine as a deadline move that would help them.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#16 » by babyjax13 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:15 am

Dan Z wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

He can show that he's healthy plus a team might be in a different position at that point. What I mean is maybe a team is struggling and then looks at LaVine as a deadline move that would help them.

I think that 'if there is no first we say no' is fine, there probably is a deal out there that returns a first...but I don't think LaVine's value is going to change.

JColl
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#17 » by Dan Z » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:21 am

babyjax13 wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:I don't see how LaVine's value could change. If he comes back and averages 25 a game on a bad team again like he always does that won't materially change how people view him.

I think that 'if there is no first we say no' is fine, there probably is a deal out there that returns a first...but I don't think LaVine's value is going to change.

I might change my mind if I knew I could flip one (or more) of the players Sacramento is trading (Mitchell, Huerter or Barnes). I just don't think any of those players do much for the Bulls other than help them continue on the same path they've been on. That's why I'd want some sort of asset that's worth something (even if it has good protections on it).

I'd like the Bulls to move on from LaVine, and I don't expect much in return, but I'd rather not deal him for a few okay players (who are under contract for a few more years) and one second.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,932

Post#18 » by ChettheJet » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:17 pm

First, there's no way the Bulls give up Patrick Williams in this, they're getting Barnes as a PF they shift Williams to the SF and have no need to resign Demar DeRozan so they have his supposed 2/$80M to spend elsewhere. I think they would really like to move on from Barnes, because he's got two years left, for someone younger and maybe providing more defense and rebounding.

I applaud the effort that ships out 2 Bulls guards and only gets two back, at least you're trying. Huerter joins White and Dosunmu to find 2 starters. I don't see the contribution of Mitchell as a backup PG when the Bulls haven't traded Caruso yet and have that trio of 6-5 guards.

Barnes Craig Phillips
Williams Bitim
Vucevic
White Caruso Mitchell
Huerter Dosunmu Terry

who they get for DeRozan, maybe their lottery pick, maybe trading Vucevic, maybe bringing back Drummond to change some of that
Jkam31
Head Coach

Post#19 » by Jkam31 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:23 pm

ChettheJet wrote:First, there's no way the Bulls give up Patrick Williams in this, they're getting Barnes as a PF they shift Williams to the SF and have no need to resign Demar DeRozan so they have his supposed 2/$80M to spend elsewhere. I think they would really like to move on from Barnes, because he's got two years left, for someone younger and maybe providing more defense and rebounding.

I applaud the effort that ships out 2 Bulls guards and only gets two back, at least you're trying. Huerter joins White and Dosunmu to find 2 starters. I don't see the contribution of Mitchell as a backup PG when the Bulls haven't traded Caruso yet and have that trio of 6-5 guards.

Barnes Craig Phillips
Williams Bitim
Vucevic
White Caruso Mitchell
Huerter Dosunmu Terry

who they get for DeRozan, maybe their lottery pick, maybe trading Vucevic, maybe bringing back Drummond to change some of that

Kings look elsewhere then can’t trade barnes and not get a big back no way so we have Keegan start at PF next year
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#20 » by babyjax13 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:23 pm

ChettheJet wrote:First, there's no way the Bulls give up Patrick Williams in this, they're getting Barnes as a PF they shift Williams to the SF and have no need to resign Demar DeRozan so they have his supposed 2/$80M to spend elsewhere. I think they would really like to move on from Barnes, because he's got two years left, for someone younger and maybe providing more defense and rebounding.

Barnes Craig Phillips
Williams Bitim
Vucevic
White Caruso Mitchell
Huerter Dosunmu Terry

Huerter can play some 3. Davion is just there for salary ballast, maybe there is something there, but I don't see him in the rotation. Chicago and Memphis are probably the two teams I'm most interested in this offseason.

JColl

Return to Trades and Transactions