Atlanta - Chicago - SAS

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,434

Atlanta - Chicago - SAS 

Post#1 » by Godaddycurse » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:55 pm

Atlanta trade: Hunter, Murray
Atlanta receive: Vassell, Graham

Chicago trade: Lavine
Chicago receive: Johnson, Hunter

SAS trade: Vassell, Johnson, Graham
SAS receive: Murray, Lavine

Why for Atlanta: break up murray/young and get a young/improving SG. Get out of Hunter's contract
Why for Chicago: Move on from Lavine and get forward depth
Why for SAS: Try to win with Wemby. Lavine comes off books when Wemby is due for his max

Add pick(s) as needed
Chinook
Head Coach
And1: 3,480

Re: Atlanta - Chicago - SAS 

Post#2 » by Chinook » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:11 pm

No from the Spurs. They may well not want Murray at all, but they'd definitely not want to trade Vassell for him. The Lavine part just makes it worse.
wemby
Senior
And1: 332

Post#3 » by wemby » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:42 pm

Awful for the Spurs. Lavine has negative value, and I'd rather have Vassell and Johnson at their current contracts than both of them. Spurs aren't desperate enough to go this route.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,938

Post#4 » by ChettheJet » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:32 pm

I don't think the Bulls plan is to move on from Lavine's max contract to 2 deals of the same length that add up to the same mount of money. Depth is one thing, are the Bulls keeping or moving on from DeRozan? If he's gone and it's Williams and Hunter at the forwards, no depth but injuries. Trading Lavine who I think can be called injury prone for Hunter in the same category isn't the smart play. Yes Johnson is a couple of years younger than Lavine, healthier, gets a few more rebounds but scores less and less than half as many assists.

I don't think it's enough of a positive change in any category for the Bulls
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,149

Post#5 » by Colbinii » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:20 pm

Seems like Vassell is just the wing SAS would prefer over LaVine and the Spurs have plenty of assets to acquire Murray without giving up Vassell.

I think the Spurs should be putting as much smart, High IQ players around Wemby as possible who understand how to get him the ball and utilize him the best.

I can easily see Wemby being a Top 10-15 player in the NBA in year 2. Put pieces around him who help him be great.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.

Return to Trades and Transactions