Harris and Marshall

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,312

Harris and Marshall 

Post#1 » by SNPA » Fri May 3, 2024 8:41 pm

What are Tobias and Naji going to command on the market this summer?

Which teams look like destinations?
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,576

Re: Harris and Marshall 

Post#2 » by JRoy » Fri May 3, 2024 8:45 pm

This might be a great year for Tobias Harris to be FA. He might luck I to get vastly overpaid again by steam that strikes out looking for bigger fish.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,643

Post#3 » by brackdan70 » Fri May 3, 2024 8:55 pm

Harris will be 32 next season and really looks like his best years are behind him. He doesn’t give you much above a replacement player. Could be a good contributor on a play in team or a bench piece for a contender. So what do you pay a guy like that. Is he worth 2/40…3/50?

Marshal seems like a text book mid level. Young enough to invest in long term. 4/40ish seem alright. Maybe a bit more. IDK where either would go. I think NO should keep Marshall if they can.
Sign here
SNPA
General Manager

Post#4 » by SNPA » Fri May 3, 2024 8:56 pm

JRoy wrote:This might be a great year for Tobias Harris to be FA. He might luck I to get vastly overpaid again by steam that strikes out looking for bigger fish.

Which team that has money that would throw an offer at him?
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,164

Post#5 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri May 3, 2024 8:57 pm

SNPA wrote:
JRoy wrote:This might be a great year for Tobias Harris to be FA. He might luck I to get vastly overpaid again by steam that strikes out looking for bigger fish.

Which team that has money that would throw an offer at him?

Detroit has been heavily mentioned.
SNPA
General Manager

Post#6 » by SNPA » Fri May 3, 2024 9:00 pm

Marshall for the full MLE…wonder how big that market is? He’d be great to get in Sac.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,650

Post#7 » by jayjaysee » Fri May 3, 2024 9:24 pm

Naji I think some team (mistakenly) gives him 4yr50-55 mil.. Detroit or Charlotte if Bridges leaves.. Toronto if they let Brown go.. Don’t hate SA targeting him on a 4 year front loaded deal.

Detroit signing both seems possible? Those two with Simone and Thompson? Meh.

Think if Philly doesn’t pay Tobias, Detroit has a 3yr90 deal waiting for him.
Astaluego
Sophomore
And1: 118

Post#8 » by Astaluego » Fri May 3, 2024 11:21 pm

I hope Detroit doesn't pay Harris...they've been so bad for so long...I'd rather see them targeting younger guys who can be part of the future core like P.Williams/Melton or the aforementioned Marshall...I have the hunch that Harris ending up on the Bulls
Old Mike Lorenzo
Decipher
Rookie
And1: 993

Post#9 » by Decipher » Fri May 3, 2024 11:33 pm

jayjaysee wrote:Naji I think some team (mistakenly) gives him 4yr50-55 mil.. Detroit or Charlotte if Bridges leaves.. Toronto if they let Brown go.. Don’t hate SA targeting him on a 4 year front loaded deal.

3/90 is almost as bad as the max the Sixers gifted him
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,709

Post#10 » by Texas Chuck » Fri May 3, 2024 11:42 pm

jayjaysee wrote:Naji I think some team (mistakenly) gives him 4yr50-55 mil.. .

I like Marshall. But I wonder if that's in part because he's cheap. Call it the Kenrich Williams effect. Wonder if I'd like him making 4 year MLE money?

But you certainly named some teams where that's not too much money and he's the right kind of player for a coach to have to play behind more talented kids. To be able to say you will get more minutes when you can beat out Marshall. Nothing wrong with having that guy who isn't super talented but works and plays hard to point to. I think its been some of the Dwight Powell value for years. With some guys that took, with some (Wood, Christian) it sadly didn't.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,453

Post#11 » by Godaddycurse » Fri May 3, 2024 11:47 pm

jayjaysee wrote:Naji I think some team (mistakenly) gives him 4yr50-55 mil.. Detroit or Charlotte if Bridges leaves.. Toronto if they let Brown go.. Don’t hate SA targeting him on a 4 year front loaded deal.

Hope its not Toronto. Need a more proven/consistent 3 pt shooter next to barnes. McDaniels was thankfully only a 2 yr mistake
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,164

Post#12 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat May 4, 2024 12:05 am

Anyone think that guys like Marshall might lose out a bit with the MLE now being tradeable? Instead of necessarily spending new money on a Marshall, might some teams keep the MLE handy and use it midseason to absorb a salary in trade instead?
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#13 » by jayjaysee » Sat May 4, 2024 12:07 am

Texas Chuck wrote:

I like Marshall. But I wonder if that's in part because he's cheap. Call it the Kenrich Williams effect. Wonder if I'd like him making 4 year MLE money?

But you certainly named some teams where that's not too much money and he's the right kind of player for a coach to have to play behind more talented kids. To be able to say you will get more minutes when you can beat out Marshall. Nothing wrong with having that guy who isn't super talented but works and plays hard to point to. I think its been some of the Dwight Powell value for years. With some guys that took, with some (Wood, Christian) it sadly didn't.

Yeah, I definitely think he’s closer to 6-8 million than the MLE. But I think a young team would see him as a good vet and hope he can actually consistently hit 38% of his threes (vs 45 one month and 32 the next)
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#14 » by jayjaysee » Sat May 4, 2024 12:09 am

Decipher wrote:

3/90 is almost as bad as the max the Sixers gifted him

The percentage of the cap is off by probably 8-10% there. A front loaded 3/90 is probably Detroits starting offer I think
SNPA
General Manager

Post#15 » by SNPA » Sat May 4, 2024 12:45 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:Anyone think that guys like Marshall might lose out a bit with the MLE now being tradeable? Instead of necessarily spending new money on a Marshall, might some teams keep the MLE handy and use it midseason to absorb a salary in trade instead?

I’ve been wonder about this too.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,940

Post#16 » by ChettheJet » Sat May 4, 2024 3:00 pm

If Harris is realistic about his age, what he's got left and how much he should get, he looks good to the Bulls. He gets less than he could from a desperate team in worse shape than the Bulls but with the Bulls moving on from Demar DeRozan, resigning Patrick Williams to make him the starting 3 for the first time. if Harris can be content that his NBA future is as the 4th or 5th option as White, Dosunmu and Williams become the core, he's got more years to play.
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#17 » by Godaddycurse » Sat May 4, 2024 3:29 pm

ChettheJet wrote:If Harris is realistic about his age, what he's got left and how much he should get, he looks good to the Bulls. He gets less than he could from a desperate team in worse shape than the Bulls but with the Bulls moving on from Demar DeRozan, resigning Patrick Williams to make him the starting 3 for the first time. if Harris can be content that his NBA future is as the 4th or 5th option as White, Dosunmu and Williams become the core, he's got more years to play.

I dont think you can get him since philly is going to renounce him at the start of FA. Even if not you'd need to give philly and possibly the team signing derozan some incentive for a S&T (assuming w/ an outgoing derozan somewhere)
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,090

Post#18 » by daoneandonly » Sat May 4, 2024 4:53 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:

I like Khalil's suggestion. Mavs see if a team will take THJ into space and use that money to split between DJJ and Marshall. Think those 2 would be solid enough for the Mavs SF situation. Of course I'd do it for Green too
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#19 » by Godaddycurse » Sat May 4, 2024 5:00 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

I like Khalil's suggestion. Mavs see if a team will take THJ into space and use that money to split between DJJ and Marshall. Think those 2 would be solid enough for the Mavs SF situation. Of course I'd do it for Green too

you'd have to pay someone to do that. probably cost a few 2nds
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#20 » by jayjaysee » Sat May 4, 2024 5:09 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

you'd have to pay someone to do that. probably cost a few 2nds

I think Detroit would be better off taking THJ for free versus signing some of the contracts we predict here..

Return to Trades and Transactions