Miami/LAL/Cavs

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

louc1970
Senior
And1: 176

Miami/LAL/Cavs 

Post#1 » by louc1970 » Mon May 6, 2024 4:24 pm

Miami sends Butler, Rozier, Robinson, either JJJ or 24 FRP
Miami receives Vanderbilt, Russell, Hachimura, Mitchell
Miami decides it is time to redirect the Butler era to Mitchell, Herro, Adebayo. Get younger, faster, better.

Cleveland sends Mitchell
Cleveland receives Rozier, Robinson, either JJJ or 24 FRP (Miami), 29 FRP (LA).
Time to move on and get shooters around Garland, Mobley, Allen. Cleveland sends out Mitchell and gets positions they need - a backup PG and 3-point shooter. Okoro slides to the off-guard spot, Robinson opens up the lane by delivering 3s. Picks can be used on Terrence Shannon type (or make further moves and send out LeVert, Struss,

Lakers send Russell, Hachimura, Vanderbilt, 29 FRP
Lakers receive Butler
Butler, James, Davis is a good core. Old, but good. Miami cannot resign Butler at 35 for $50M, Lakers might.
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,943

Re: Miami/LAL/Cavs 

Post#2 » by psman2 » Mon May 6, 2024 4:33 pm

LAL is getting too good of a deal, while Clev is not getting enough. If Miami can get Mitchell at that cost they would just keep Butler over the LAL offer.
kds92
Pro Prospect
And1: 703

Post#3 » by kds92 » Mon May 6, 2024 4:42 pm

Cavs need more value. Lakers are getting a good deal, but they probably say no. They need to get younger and less-injury prone.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,291

Post#4 » by BBallFreak » Mon May 6, 2024 4:53 pm

As a Miami fan, no thanks. I don't see why we're including Butler for scraps. It seems like the least that should be happening is the Lakers should be paying market value (one more first at least) and Miami should be keeping JJJ and 24. I feel like we're paying the value for LA to take our best player.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,745

Post#5 » by Texas Chuck » Mon May 6, 2024 7:12 pm

kds92 wrote:Cavs need more value. Lakers are getting a good deal, but they probably say no. They need to get younger and less-injury prone.

If the Lakers turned down Jimmy Butler for little more than free, it would be a huge mistake. Not one I can imagine them ever making. If this was offered, they wouldn't say this isn't ideal age wise, they would say wait we get Butler for nothing we'll miss, okay thanks.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Hoops23
General Manager
And1: 1,275

Post#6 » by Hoops23 » Mon May 6, 2024 10:07 pm

Too good deal for the Lakers
Pat Riley will not help Lebron get another ring, unless with Miami.

It will be better for Miami to cut LA and do a straight deal with the Cavs
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,088

Post#7 » by tidho » Mon May 6, 2024 10:31 pm

this pretty clearly isn't going to get it done for CLE
JJ_PR
Analyst
And1: 2,879

Post#8 » by JJ_PR » Mon May 6, 2024 10:42 pm

Assuming Mitchell doesn't extend, I'd want a much better player than Rozier as the centerpiece of the deal.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,768

Post#9 » by nzahir » Mon May 6, 2024 11:07 pm

EASY NO

Butler is a bad fit, hes aging and injured a lot

We have 3 1sts, 3 swaps, Reaves, Rui, JHS, Christie, and filler in Vando, Vincent, etc? (prince, dlo)

We should be looking at Mitchell, Young, and KD if available

If the Cavs lose this rd (I expect they will), then Mitchell likey wants out. Teams that make sense are LAL, Miami, and BKN maybe (I truthfully dont see why they build aroud Mitchell and Bridges though). I think we have enough to get him

Trae Young is a Klutch client and maybe ATL picks Dejounte over him since Trae can bring back more assets? But he cant force himself out of there like Mitchell can since Mitchell only has 1 year left on that deal

I bet the Suns just get a new coach or make some other moves before letting KD go, but he would be a great fit

If we cant get those guys then I think you look at Lavine if it costs nothing (or even negative), Dejounte, Mikal Bridges, Myles Turner or another solid big next to AD if we want to play big vs a team like Den
tidho
General Manager

Post#10 » by tidho » Tue May 7, 2024 3:42 pm

nzahir wrote:..
We have 3 1sts, 3 swaps, Reaves, Rui, JHS, Christie, and filler in Vando, Vincent, etc? (prince, dlo)

We should be looking at Mitchell, Young, and KD if available...

What collection of that is likely to be the best offer for Mitchell? I'm not seeing it.
nzahir
RealGM

Post#11 » by nzahir » Wed May 8, 2024 12:58 am

tidho wrote:

What collection of that is likely to be the best offer for Mitchell? I'm not seeing it.

You name me the much better offers then that is realistic and that makes sense for both sides
tidho
General Manager

Post#12 » by tidho » Wed May 8, 2024 2:45 am

nzahir wrote:
tidho wrote:

You name me the much better offers then that is realistic and that makes sense for both sides

how can i top it, you haven't said what you think the offer for LAL would be - that was my question.

if we're going to somewhat limit infinite possibilities with the assumption that outside the trade the rest of the roster remains pretty much the same, CLE isn't going to want a ton of incoming bodies, and a SG isn't the ideal return as they already have Okoro, Strus, and LeVert.

One possible offer from Brooklyn - Cam, Cam and a picks. I still think that that's one of the most likely, but it's difficult to guess who'll really have interest.
nzahir
RealGM

Post#13 » by nzahir » Wed May 8, 2024 5:23 am

tidho wrote:
nzahir wrote:
tidho wrote:

how can i top it, you haven't said what you think the offer for LAL would be - that was my question.

if we're going to somewhat limit infinite possibilities with the assumption that outside the trade the rest of the roster remains pretty much the same, CLE isn't going to want a ton of incoming bodies, and a SG isn't the ideal return as they already have Okoro, Strus, and LeVert.

One possible offer from Brooklyn - Cam, Cam and a picks. I still think that that's one of the most likely, but it's difficult to guess who'll really have interest.

My bad I forgot to post it

Reaves, Rui, JHS, 2-3 1sts, 2-3 swaps for Mitchell and filler if needed? (Dean Wade?)
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 14,542

Post#14 » by BK_2020 » Wed May 8, 2024 10:19 am

If Cleveland is ok with a package of bad contract + 2024 mid FRP + a pick in 2029 you have to think a lot of teams can beat the Miami offer.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,655

Post#15 » by jayjaysee » Wed May 8, 2024 10:37 am

Yeah, to me I think both LAL and Miami owe Cleveland a first here.

I don’t think Cleveland would mind Terry as a stopgap though. They might want to put more on Garland to see if he can do it, but Terry is fine off ball.. I think they try and get Vando or Rui instead of Robinson here just because they have Strus and Caris in the bench? Miami is fine with that.. Trims some of the fat out of the deal..
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,840

Post#16 » by DowJones » Wed May 8, 2024 3:05 pm

nzahir wrote:
tidho wrote:
nzahir wrote:You name me the much better offers then that is realistic and that makes sense for both sides

Reaves, Rui, JHS, 2-3 1sts, 2-3 swaps for Mitchell and filler if needed? (Dean Wade?)

Assuming the picks are unprotected 2029 and 2031, this is an acceptable deal for me as a Cavs fan. Rui and Reaves are good rotation players, the 2029 and 2031 unprotected firsts have some upside, and draft rights to the 17th pick is also a decent addition. I would think LA would ultimately keep JHS, but if they want to include him then I am good with that as well. You can make an argument that Brooklyn with the PHX picks trumps this offer.
nzahir
RealGM

Post#17 » by nzahir » Thu May 9, 2024 6:54 am

DowJones wrote:
nzahir wrote:
tidho wrote:

Assuming the picks are unprotected 2029 and 2031, this is an acceptable deal for me as a Cavs fan. Rui and Reaves are good rotation players, the 2029 and 2031 unprotected firsts have some upside, and draft rights to the 17th pick is also a decent addition. I would think LA would ultimately keep JHS, but if they want to include him then I am good with that as well. You can make an argument that Brooklyn with the PHX picks trumps this offer.

I dont think we have the time to develop JHS. He can become a decent player, who knows, but idk why we picked him. Jaquez shold have been the pick, he was a UCLA kid and more developed

If were giivng up all 3 1sts, and 2-3 swaps, I would want JHS though so we can flip him in another deal

BKN has a better deal if they want, but whats the point for them? Say its Cam Johnson, small salary filler and like 4-5 1sts, and a couple swaps

Building around Mitchell, Bridges, Claxton, Cam Thomas if he isnt in the deal?, DFS, Ben Simmons??

Mitchell isn't a #1 and Bridges is more of a #3 or 3b

Return to Trades and Transactions