What is Ingram's trade value? Best offers?

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,315

Re: What is Ingram's trade value? Best offers? 

Post#61 » by Slim Charless » Wed May 8, 2024 5:53 pm

Euphonetiks wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
Euphonetiks wrote:
I don't think the Pels have any interest in a straight Ingram for Duren swap because Duren doesn't fit with Zion. Duren doesn't space and he doesn't anchor a defense. I would imagine any Detroit trade involves the 2024 pick. Something like Pistons' 24 + Stewart for Ingram + Pels '24. That might be too rich for Detroit, but I cannot see Griff moving Ingram for Duren alone.

Well, he's not quite the sharp-shooter that Val is lol....

......but seeing as he's already a better, more efficient scorer and 13 years younger. I think there's more potential there. Way more. The cost comparison from Duren to BI is wild as well on a side note.

We also aren't rushing to re-sign Val because he doesn't space and cannot anchor a defense. Val at least has a recent season shooting 36% on 3.5 3PA/gm and has a career 79% FT%. In 2 seasons, Duren has not made a 3 and he's only attempted 6.

Maybe Duren can space the floor in the distant future, but that does nothing for his ability to play with Zion now. We already have a non-spacing hyper efficient interior scorer that we are trying to build around.

The salary difference is significant, but it always will be comparing a mid lotto rookie-scale to a 20+ ppg vet wing and David Griffin is not looking to just dump salary.

Listen, I love Zion too but his VERY spotty health record, I'm not sure thay you should be turning down chances for legit young players. That are cheap.

To whit: name me the 5 best centers you can under the age of 22. I'll start. Wemby, Chet, Sengun....Duren? I personally have him higher than Mobley but either way he's the 5th guy on the list.

While being only 20 yrs old.

Yeah, I'd be surprised if you got a better deal than that for someone to have the privilege of paying Ingram 40-50 million a year.
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,106

Post#62 » by greg4012 » Wed May 8, 2024 6:05 pm

Euphonetiks wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:Yeah, it's ties into what all of ^^^^^ guys are talking about. Ingram is a big risk-especially at the price tag it will take to make him happy. Teams like Dallas don't make sense for him. Detroit OTOH makes a ton of sense....and I'd probably like to get Duren back more so than Lively if I was the Pels too.

I don't think the Pels have any interest in a straight Ingram for Duren swap because Duren doesn't fit with Zion. Duren doesn't space and he doesn't anchor a defense. I would imagine any Detroit trade involves the 2024 pick. Something like Pistons' 24 + Stewart for Ingram + Pels '24. That might be too rich for Detroit, but I cannot see Griff moving Ingram for Duren alone.

Yup--any Zion fit needs to consider his shot chart:

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/zion-williamson-shot-chart-by-season
lordjeff05
Analyst
And1: 770

Post#63 » by lordjeff05 » Wed May 8, 2024 7:13 pm

There's a weird catch-22 here. Either he's valuable enough that he can reasonably expect to get paid a max deal or he isn't. But if he isn't, then you can't use his the max deal argument to lower his value. I think folks are kind of prisoners of the moment here. The time is now to trade him, and having the ability to get him in before trading camp will be relevant to the teams that need a big wing that score and create on their own.
Euphonetiks
Pro Prospect
And1: 368

Post#64 » by Euphonetiks » Wed May 8, 2024 7:43 pm

Slim Charless wrote:Listen, I love Zion too but his VERY spotty health record, I'm not sure thay you should be turning down chances for legit young players. Thay are cheap.

To whit: name me the 5 best centers you can under the age of 22. I'll start. Wemby, Chet, Sengun....Duren? I personally have him higher than Mobley but either way he's the 5th guy on the list.

Yeah, I'd be surprised if you got a better deal than that for someone to have the privilege of paying Ingram 40-50 million a year.

Pelicans organization is comfortable with the growth Zion made this season in preparation and maturity. Zion is difficult to build around due to his shot chart, but the Pels are ready to construct a roster to try to maxmize on his gravity. If that means passing up on a talented young center because he doesn't defend the rim or space, so be it.

I get that recency bias is against Ingram, but he is still a 27 y/o 6'8" wing that has averaged 23 pts/5.5 reb/5.2 ast on %'s of 37/47/85 with the Pels. He has his warts, but long wings with that scoring ability are rare which is why he will get a max extension from someone.

As far as Duren being a 'top 5' center under the age of 22... there are only 11 centers under 22 in the league right now and there are arguments for Lively being #5. Regardless of the value anyone places on Duren, he does not fit with Zion right now and so a Duren for Ingram swap would need to incorporate a third team for Duren that provides the Pels draft assets or a better fit with Zion.
Slim Charless
RealGM

Post#65 » by Slim Charless » Wed May 8, 2024 8:53 pm

Euphonetiks wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:Listen, I love Zion too but his VERY spotty health record, I'm not sure thay you should be turning down chances for legit young players. Thay are cheap.

Pelicans organization is comfortable with the growth Zion made this season in preparation and maturity. Zion is difficult to build around due to his shot chart, but the Pels are ready to construct a roster to try to maxmize on his gravity. If that means passing up on a talented young center because he doesn't defend the rim or space, so be it.

I get that recency bias is against Ingram, but he is still a 27 y/o 6'8" wing that has averaged 23 pts/5.5 reb/5.2 ast on %'s of 37/47/85 with the Pels. He has his warts, but long wings with that scoring ability are rare which is why he will get a max extension from someone.

As far as Duren being a 'top 5' center under the age of 22... there are only 11 centers under 22 in the league right now and there are arguments for Lively being #5. Regardless of the value anyone places on Duren, he does not fit with Zion right now and so a Duren for Ingram swap would need to incorporate a third team for Duren that provides the Pels draft assets or a better fit with Zion.

I'd say his shot chart is fine. His health and availability is a much bigger issue. But to each his own.

What would your ideal team and trade for BI be? Within reason. Or do you wanna keep him and pay that max contract?
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,665

Post#66 » by NYG » Wed May 8, 2024 10:24 pm

Claxton (sign and trade), Simmons and a pick for Ingram and Nance
NYG
RealGM

Post#67 » by NYG » Thu May 9, 2024 3:11 am

Hawks get:
Mikal Bridges
Dennis Schroder
Larry Nance Jr.

Nets get:
Brandon Ingram
AJ Griffin
10th Overall Draft Pick

Pelicans get:
Dejounte Murray
Clint Capela
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,641

Post#68 » by JustBuzzin » Thu May 9, 2024 3:18 am

I'm not comfortable with Lamelo on a supermax with his injury history. Pelicans need a pg.

Lamelo for Ingram/lottery pick

I would probably take the gamble. Gives us a year to figure out the Ingram/Miller fit and we also get the Pelicans lottery pick and we still have our top 5 pick. So we could potentially add 2 more starters with those 2 draft picks.
YayBasketball
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#69 » by YayBasketball » Thu May 9, 2024 4:20 am

JustBuzzin wrote:I'm not comfortable with Lamelo on a supermax with his injury history. Pelicans need a pg.

Lamelo for Ingram/lottery pick

I would probably take the gamble. Gives us a year to figure out the Ingram/Miller fit and we also get the Pelicans lottery pick and we still have our top 5 pick. So we could potentially add 2 more starters with those 2 draft picks.

Interesting framework, especially if Hornets really like Topic as new Pg of the future. But Pels don't have a lottery pick. They have the Bucks' pick at #21 (swap with NOP pick), and they will be deferring the Lakers' pick to have their 2025 LAL 1st unprotected.
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,579

Post#70 » by Wolveswin » Thu May 9, 2024 4:52 pm

NYG wrote:Hawks get:
Mikal Bridges
Dennis Schroder
Larry Nance Jr.

Nets get:
Brandon Ingram
AJ Griffin
10th Overall Draft Pick

Pelicans get:
Dejounte Murray
Clint Capela

Pels need to give more. Murray > Ingram

Plus I don’t think Nets are parting with Bridges for Ingram.

To Nets: Mitchell + Ingram + Cavs Filler

To Cavs: Bridges + Cam Thomas + Nets Owed 1st

To Pels: Murray + Hunter + #10

To Hawks: Murphy + Simmons + #21 + Nets Owed 1st
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,450

Post#71 » by Billl » Thu May 9, 2024 6:15 pm

Euphonetiks wrote:

Yeah, Duren is a bad fit with with zion. Anything with the pistons would have to be something around 24 pick and another piece. Draft Sarr and let him learn behind Val for a year or two and hope he develops into that rim protector and floor spacer you want in the frontcourt with zion.
Slim Charless
RealGM

Post#72 » by Slim Charless » Thu May 9, 2024 8:28 pm

Billl wrote:
Euphonetiks wrote:

Yeah, Duren is a bad fit with with zion. Anything with the pistons would have to be something around 24 pick and another piece. Draft Sarr and let him learn behind Val for a year or two and hope he develops into that rim protector and floor spacer you want in the frontcourt with zion.

Sarr might go #1..... you think Ingram has that value? When he is due to get a 50 million a yr deal.
NYG
RealGM

Post#73 » by NYG » Thu May 9, 2024 11:11 pm

Wolveswin wrote:Murray > Ingram

I respectfully disagree. I have it as equal trade value.
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,579

Post#74 » by Wolveswin » Fri May 10, 2024 12:04 am

NYG wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:Murray > Ingram

I respectfully disagree. I have it as equal trade value.

Doesn’t make you wrong but in the minority for sure.

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2375207&hilit=Value+rank
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,450

Post#75 » by Billl » Fri May 10, 2024 1:36 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
Billl wrote:
Euphonetiks wrote:

Sarr might go #1..... you think Ingram has that value? When he is due to get a 50 million a yr deal.

I could definitely see the pistons doing that as long as ingram was extending. It's not necessarily what I would want as a fan, but the organization seems intent on making a splash this year with a more established player.

Return to Trades and Transactions