Trae Young for FVV + Green + #3

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

Wolveswin
General Manager
And1: 2,616

Trae Young for FVV + Green + #3 

Post#1 » by Wolveswin » Mon May 13, 2024 1:38 pm

Let’s combine both WT headlines…

Trae Young + Bufkin

FOR

FVV + Jalen Green + #3

Is that too much for Trae? Hawks would have Green longterm in backcourt. How does FVV | Murray | Green work? FVV to 3rd team?

Rockets would get a great PG upgrade and slide Brooks and Amen (SG and SF) next to Trae.
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 14,730

Re: Trae Young for FVV + Green + #3 

Post#2 » by BK_2020 » Mon May 13, 2024 1:42 pm

I just don't see Atlanta as valuing "having Green longterm in backcourt" high enough to want to trade Trae Young for that privilege.
BeiBeau
Starter
And1: 1,243

Post#3 » by BeiBeau » Mon May 13, 2024 1:42 pm

I’m pretty sure I have Jalen Green + 3 as way more valuable then Trae Young.
Xman
Assistant Coach
And1: 374

Post#4 » by Xman » Mon May 13, 2024 1:52 pm

Maybe not Green.
Vleet plus three plus what?
Bkn 2026 first? Future pick?
Whitmore, Amen or Eason - hate to give one up but for Trae?
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,124

Post#5 » by Texas Chuck » Mon May 13, 2024 1:53 pm

BeiBeau wrote:I’m pretty sure I have Jalen Green + 3 as way more valuable then Trae Young.

I have it less.

So I guess it comes down to how real each of us thinks Jalen's counting stats were during Houston's tanking period. I tend to be way more skeptical about counting numbers guards put up on teams who could care less about winning. And put a lot more stock in how poorly he played when the team was trying to win.

But obviously if one sees it differently from me and thinks Jalen is about to break out as an offensive superstar and thinks there is a great prospect gtd to be on the board at 3, they could find a different result. Though I struggle to see how anyone could get that Houston pick to "Way" more valuable.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Wolveswin
General Manager

Post#6 » by Wolveswin » Mon May 13, 2024 1:57 pm

BK_2020 wrote:I just don't see Atlanta as valuing "having Green longterm in backcourt" high enough to want to trade Trae Young for that privilege.

I mean, weak draft hyperbole runs deep right now, but isn’t #3 the real prize?
DrModesty
Senior
And1: 530

Post#7 » by DrModesty » Mon May 13, 2024 1:58 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:I’m pretty sure I have Jalen Green + 3 as way more valuable then Trae Young.

I have it less.

So I guess it comes down to how real each of us thinks Jalen's counting stats were during Houston's tanking period. I tend to be way more skeptical about counting numbers guards put up on teams who could care less about winning. And put a lot more stock in how poorly he played when the team was trying to win.

But obviously if one sees it differently from me and thinks Jalen is about to break out as an offensive superstar and thinks there is a great prospect gtd to be on the board at 3, they could find a different result. Though I struggle to see how anyone could get that Houston pick to "Way" more valuable.

I am a bit skeptical of Green given the broader history of his play, but the Roquettes did an awful lot of winning at the back of the season to call it Houston's 'tanking period'.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,685

Post#8 » by jayjaysee » Mon May 13, 2024 1:59 pm

I don’t expect Atlanta to rebuild. But I like this idea.

I think I want Houston to eat some salary, this trade adds probably 12-15ish million to Atlanta.

Maybe it’s just a Clint/Adams swap? Maybe it’s Bogdan and Houston adds a protected first? I go with that one, but doing both sound fun.
BK_2020
RealGM

Post#9 » by BK_2020 » Mon May 13, 2024 1:59 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
BK_2020 wrote:I just don't see Atlanta as valuing "having Green longterm in backcourt" high enough to want to trade Trae Young for that privilege.

Just going by the motivation provided in your original proposal. What is the motivation for the Hawks to trade away Trae for #3 pick when there's less than 20% chance that pick will become as good as Trae AND you have to wait years for that to happen?
BK_2020
RealGM

Post#10 » by BK_2020 » Mon May 13, 2024 2:00 pm

DrModesty wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

I have it less.

I am a bit skeptical of Green given the broader history of his play, but the Roquettes did an awful lot of winning at the back of the season to call it Houston's 'tanking period'.

Jalen Green always sucks in the part of the season when teams try then goes supernova in the final 20 games when everybody's sitting guys.
Wolveswin
General Manager

Post#11 » by Wolveswin » Mon May 13, 2024 2:03 pm

BK_2020 wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:

Just going by the motivation provided in your original proposal. What is the motivation for the Hawks to trade away Trae for #3 pick when there's less than 20% chance that pick will become as good as Trae AND you have to wait years for that to happen?

Well it’s not just #3. A trade is a collection of its parts. Hence Green as the secondary part.

You just made a [strange] comment about Green (and Green only). Like a food critic commenting on the side dish and not main dish.
BK_2020
RealGM

Post#12 » by BK_2020 » Mon May 13, 2024 2:05 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
BK_2020 wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:I mean, weak draft hyperbole runs deep right now, but isn’t #3 the real prize?

Well it’s not just #3. A trade is a collection of its parts. Hence Green as the secondary part.

You just made a [strange] comment about Green (and Green only). Like a food critic commenting on the side dish and not main dish.

It's the OP's responsibility to supply the reason for the trade, not mine to guess what it is.
Wolveswin
General Manager

Post#13 » by Wolveswin » Mon May 13, 2024 2:06 pm

BK_2020 wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
BK_2020 wrote:Just going by the motivation provided in your original proposal. What is the motivation for the Hawks to trade away Trae for #3 pick when there's less than 20% chance that pick will become as good as Trae AND you have to wait years for that to happen?

It's the OP's responsibility to supply the reason for the trade, not mine to guess what it is.

Mmmmm k. :banghead:
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,551

Post#14 » by dms269 » Mon May 13, 2024 2:11 pm

I don't see Atlanta in being interested in either Green or FVV if they were moving Trae.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
Wolveswin
General Manager

Post#15 » by Wolveswin » Mon May 13, 2024 2:16 pm

dms269 wrote:I don't see Atlanta in being interested in either Green or FVV if they were moving Trae.

I think Jalen is a great flyer addition in moving Trae. See how Green does in new setting. He is core age with Johnson.

FVV to 3rd team makes sense. That is some huge salary to find a third team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,623

Post#16 » by jbk1234 » Mon May 13, 2024 2:18 pm

It's not just Green who has question marks around his value, but FVV on that contract as well. I don't have this as a particularly attractive offer unless the Hawks love whoever is available at No. 3.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,965

Post#17 » by K_chile22 » Mon May 13, 2024 2:18 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
dms269 wrote:I don't see Atlanta in being interested in either Green or FVV if they were moving Trae.

I think Jalen is a great flyer addition in moving Trae. See how Green does in new setting. He is core age with Johnson.

Think Spurs (unless they want to hard tank again) and Magic should be willing to take him and give you something. He'd be great for them and they have a ton of space in a crappy FA class.

For OP I am not a fan of Trae... At all.. but at this price tough to say no I suppose
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,551

Post#18 » by dms269 » Mon May 13, 2024 2:26 pm

jbk1234 wrote:It's not just Green who has question marks around his value, but FVV on that contract as well. I don't have this as a particularly attractive offer unless the Hawks love whoever is available at No. 3.

This is my thought. For Atlanta, FVV would likely be seen as a negative. Expensive and playing him alongside Murray gives you the same issues you have had with Trae. I am quite low on Green as well and feel like he is not what the Hawks need.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,337

Post#19 » by Dadouv47 » Mon May 13, 2024 2:32 pm

difficult to know which package is more valuable since we have a superstar that is bad for a while on one side and on the other we have a young player that only showed his potential during 2-3 months after struggling for years. It would be a gamble for both teams and I have no clue which package I like the most.

Houston gotta decide if they want to capitalize on Jalen Green hot streak and trade value or if they think he's the real deal. That's a big decision to make (even more because he's eligible for an extension this offseason)
Wolveswin
General Manager

Post#20 » by Wolveswin » Mon May 13, 2024 2:35 pm

K_chile22 wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:

Think Spurs (unless they want to hard tank again) and Magic should be willing to take him and give you something. He'd be great for them and they have a ton of space in a crappy FA class.

For OP I am not a fan of Trae... At all.. but at this price tough to say no I suppose

Problem with both those options is they both will be making offers for Trae. Not sure they are lining up to facilitate a trade to Houston.

Return to Trades and Transactions