NJ/Phili

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

kidd0701
Sixth Man
And1: 0

NJ/Phili 

Post#1 » by kidd0701 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:40 am

Small little Trade
Nets recieve: Gordan Giricek
Phili Recieves: Jamaal Magloire

Why? Nets need a shooter. Both are expiring contracts and Ed would not mind "helping" his former team who gave him the chance to have control of Phili.
joey-A
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#2 » by joey-A » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:59 am

I guess it could work. However two things as I see it. One, Giricek can't be traded again for at least a month can he ? And two, as maybe as big of a slug as Magloire is, he is a Big. And as the trading deadline approaches, if a team in the playoff hunt has an injury to a Big man, NJ could hold them up to get Jamal. Maybe NJ could get a conditional future 1st for him. But Giricek, as good of a 3 Pt shooter that he CAN be at times, he's still not a Big, and I doubt any team will give too much for him by himself. I'm a sixer fan, but in this case I think Jersey should wait it out, and HOPE for a team to have an Injury to one of their Bigs!
deviljets7
Lead Assistant
And1: 24

Post#3 » by deviljets7 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:25 am

joey-A wrote:I guess it could work. However two things as I see it. One, Giricek can't be traded again for at least a month can he ? And two, as maybe as big of a slug as Magloire is, he is a Big. And as the trading deadline approaches, if a team in the playoff hunt has an injury to a Big man, NJ could hold them up to get Jamal. Maybe NJ could get a conditional future 1st for him. But Giricek, as good of a 3 Pt shooter that he CAN be at times, he's still not a Big, and I doubt any team will give too much for him by himself. I'm a sixer fan, but in this case I think Jersey should wait it out, and HOPE for a team to have an Injury to one of their Bigs!

As a Nets fan I have to agree with you. Also I know the Nets' outside shooting is awful, but considering Giricek's lack of D and inconsistency, I don't think it's a guarantee that Frank would play him over Nachbar or Wright.
enetric wrote:You have the perfect fat% to sit on your butt, eat crap and WATCH someone else do it though. Hell, at that body fat% you might be a starter.
ITK9
Lead Assistant
And1: 16

Post#4 » by ITK9 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:42 am

phila says yes.
corwin
Lead Assistant
And1: 13

Post#5 » by corwin » Sun Jan 6, 2008 1:33 pm

The deal in some ways seems pointless to me as both guys have expiring contracts & that won't help Philly reduce payroll (their #1 priority). Still, Magliore is only 29 & can be nasty. Trading for him would give the Sixers the inside track to resign him next year as back-up center if he can still play.

Return to Trades and Transactions