Cleveland Trades SAC/GSW

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Re: Cleveland Trades SAC/GSW 

Post#21 » by loserX » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:10 pm

Smills91 wrote:A Kenny Thomas dump would hold far more value for the Kings if they were to trade Brad for Wally.

That may be, but it's not going to happen. You are not going to be able to dump KT by attaching him to Brad Miller, essentially demanding that the other team pay about $40M over the next 2 years for Miller (since KT's on-court value is just about zero). It's just plain too much money. You couldn't attach him to Bibby, and you couldn't attach him to Artest...for KT to go, you have to attach him to something good-and-cheap, not something expensive.
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,499

Post#22 » by pillwenney » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:28 pm

Above everything else, there just aren't that many teams that have the $20million in expirings that would be necessary. And any team that would have that would also have to really want Brad.
KM44
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#23 » by KM44 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:36 pm

K, so a lot of people didn't really like what I said. I NEVER said that is what the kings deserve that kind of value and I am pretty sure they won't get it. I am just saying that we don't really want to get rid of miller (unlike bibby or artest) because hawes is still young and not fully prepared to start, so if the kings trade him, they will want more value than if they wanted him gone. I really don't think it's that ludicrous to say west (who they don't really have), AV and wally for miller is out of reach. I know that the cavs don't need miller, so this really won't go through, which is what i initially said.
Nicky Nix Nook wrote:In two years:

Thompson > Aldridge
Harry10
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#24 » by Harry10 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:47 am

alot of kings fans don't realize that everybody out side of SAC don't hold Miller in high regards because of his age and his injury.

but it is okay that the Kings fans still value Miller, but i really don't understand it when it is obvious after the Artest trade (and recent draft picks) that Managment is looking to rebuild quickly.
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#25 » by pillwenney » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:06 am

Harry10 wrote:alot of kings fans don't realize that everybody out side of SAC don't hold Miller in high regards because of his age and his injury.

but it is okay that the Kings fans still value Miller, but i really don't understand it when it is obvious after the Artest trade (and recent draft picks) that Managment is looking to rebuild quickly.

It's just that trading him for straight expirings doesn't help us really at all. He's still valuable as a veteran presence, and we're not going to be using any cap space next year anyway.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#26 » by turk3d » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:55 am

Miller was once a very good player but has seen his best days. He doesn't have the wheels and would not be a good fit for GS and is too much money. He needs to play for a team which is more half-court oriented which he is better suited for.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#27 » by FNQ » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:25 am

Of course the Kings would rather trade Kenny Thomas, the epitome of everything below average and overpaid, than just getting a late 1st... but no team is that desperate for a passing C...

I personally would love Miller on the W's right now... expires at a nice time, would play great paired w/Biedrins and Wright... we just have literally nothing to offer... if Miller made it to us in this deal at the expense of Jack / Harrington (also, we'd insist on Quincy Douby so he doesn't embarass any more of Nellie's golden boys), I'd be 100% fine with it...
Harry10
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#28 » by Harry10 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:49 am

^^ does Miller help the Kings get into the playoffs... no

does Miller get the Kings +10 more wins..... no

does Miller take time away from their young players.... yes

does Miller hurt the Kings draft position..... yes (slightly)

is Brad Miller, Pau Gasol...... no, and Gasol only got an expiring contract

the only team that would take Miller would be a desperate team, like the Cavs

by the way, Kenny Thomas has a worst contract situation than Zach Randolph, Kings would be lucky if they got a second round pick for Kenny.

but the CLE/SAC trade is really moot. i think the CLE/GSW trade is more interesting.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#29 » by old rem » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:21 am

I think Wally alone is about even with Miller in terms of salary,so Sac can't also take Varejo + West even if that was the offer,without Sac sending another player.

Clev seems the wrong destination for miller anyhow. Clev has Z and Ben,and both are best used at C,as is Miller. None of the 3 have F mobility but each is big $. If clev traded Ben or Z..maybe then getting Miller would serve a purpose.
CENSORED... No comment.
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by pillwenney » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:31 am

Harry10 wrote:^^ does Miller help the Kings get into the playoffs... no

does Miller get the Kings +10 more wins..... no

does Miller take time away from their young players.... yes

does Miller hurt the Kings draft position..... yes (slightly)

is Brad Miller, Pau Gasol...... no, and Gasol only got an expiring contract

the only team that would take Miller would be a desperate team, like the Cavs

by the way, Kenny Thomas has a worst contract situation than Zach Randolph, Kings would be lucky if they got a second round pick for Kenny.

but the CLE/SAC trade is really moot. i think the CLE/GSW trade is more interesting.

That's debatable. We're probably going to be running a s**t-ton of offense through Brad now that Ron is gone, and if he's gone, he gets replaced with a 20-year-old to run everything.

And of course, it's kind of a total fallacy that playing time is always the best way to develop players that aren't ready to be main contributors.

And the Gasol argument is just flat out wrong. Gasol got expirings, 1 mid-late 1st, 2 late 1sts and a good 2nd rounder, and most people considered it a pretty decent screw job. We're asking for expirings and 1 late 1st.
Rugged Ron Ron
Pro Prospect

Post#31 » by Rugged Ron Ron » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:21 am

Why everyone keep saying Miller is washed up and has seen his best days? He just had one of his best season last year averaging 13/10/4.
KM44
Sixth Man

Post#32 » by KM44 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:24 pm

Rugged Ron Ron wrote:Why everyone keep saying Miller is washed up and has seen his best days? He just had one of his best season last year averaging 13/10/4.

True, he had a solid season, but it was nowhere near the top of his career. He has had injury problems the past couple of years and he is now 32 and a half. Washed up might not be the best adjective to describe him, but he is on the downslope.
Nicky Nix Nook wrote:In two years:

Thompson > Aldridge
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by pillwenney » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:55 pm

KM44 wrote:
Rugged Ron Ron wrote:Why everyone keep saying Miller is washed up and has seen his best days? He just had one of his best season last year averaging 13/10/4.

True, he had a solid season, but it was nowhere near the top of his career. He has had injury problems the past couple of years and he is now 32 and a half. Washed up might not be the best adjective to describe him, but he is on the downslope.

I wouldn't even say that's really true. Last year was the best he played in a long time. He just needs to play less minutes. I've been saying this for like 3 years now. But regardless, you can't really be on a down slope if you just improved. Age is just a number, and it's one that's less affective on people like Brad who don't use any athleticism anyway. Brad just needs to keep up his pace from last year for next season, and if he slows down the year after, he'll still have lots of value as a great big expiring.

Return to Trades and Transactions