Utah/Houston/?, AK-47's and Baseball Bats.

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

T-Spot
Veteran
And1: 1

Utah/Houston/?, AK-47's and Baseball Bats. 

Post#1 » by T-Spot » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:42 am

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=

Houston sends: Battier, Scola, Hayes, Francis

Utah sends: AK-47, Millsap, 09 2nd round pick

I think that Artest would be better at SF rather than having to play PF [if Battier stays in the starting lineup], and I think that Battier would be a better starter than 6th man anyway [if he goes to the bench]. So they trade Battier for AK-47 who is not only a great defender, but who can also spend most of his time at PF.

For Utah they have basically three PF's making up their front court. So rather than play Andrei out of position again, they trade him for a guy fits at SF.

Of course the main problem with the deal is that a straight AK for Battier swap wouldn't work salary wise, so besides throwing some expiring filler and a 2nd, I had to also work in a Millsap for Scola swap which complicates things a little. Since Houston already has Landry, Millsap is pretty much redundant to them, so the trade also needs a third team. Any idea's?
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,107

Re: Utah/Houston/?, AK-47's and Baseball Bats. 

Post#2 » by jazzfan1971 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:16 am

Change Millsap to someone else. We'd like to keep him anyway.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
rowdystylz
Senior
And1: 25

Post#3 » by rowdystylz » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:23 am

Houston wants no part of AK47's contract, and it's debatable if he is even an upgrade over Battier.
RoxFan08
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#4 » by RoxFan08 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:04 am

What rowdy said. AK is better than Battier, but his contract makes him worth expirings at best, from our standpoint .

Plus, we aren't interested in making the Jazz better at our own expense.

Return to Trades and Transactions