Starting Center for 5-1 Wolves: Mark Madsen

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

JES12
RealGM
And1: 122

Re: Starting Center for 5-1 Wolves: Mark Madsen 

Post#21 » by JES12 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:16 pm

Yeah...too bad he get 7 pts, 7.5 reb, 1.5 blks in just 24 min and shoots 64% over the last 2 years. A 5 game stretch against Chandler and West is not a fair comparison at all.

Still, top 5 protected pick is a bit of a wet dream on Darren's part.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,090

Post#22 » by shrink » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:45 pm

Wow. I can't believe I never looked at Madsen's stats before.

Do you know he shot FG 15.8% last season?

I love the guy's attitude and what he does in the community, but how is 15.8% even possible?
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#23 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:56 pm

it's on 19 FG attempts, probably 17 of those are situations where they couldn't get a shot off and Madsen ended up with the ball with 2 seconds left and forcing a ridiculous shot. In his first 2 seasons w/ the Wolves when he actually had a role, he put up .495 and .515
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,047

Post#24 » by loserX » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:06 pm

shrink wrote:Wow. I can't believe I never looked at Madsen's stats before.

Do you know he shot FG 15.8% last season?

I love the guy's attitude and what he does in the community, but how is 15.8% even possible?

According to NBA.com, it was worst in the league. (He tied with Eric Snow, who at least had a couple of 3-point misses to drag his average down :) ) Remarkable.

(Actual *worst* in the league, poor Courtney Sims, who missed the only shot he took all year.)
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,090

Post#25 » by shrink » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:09 pm

just my opinions ..

loserX wrote:Perhaps Jason Collins/Craig Smith for Rasho/McRoberts? Indy gets a PF upgrade in exchange for giving Minnesota a C upgrade. 2-for-2 so no roster crunches, money's almost a wash (Indy takes on a couple mil next year for Smith).

I'd do that. Rasho left MIN a while back for the Spurs, and a little less money, but I think his problem was with KG, and not the city. KG's passionate, in-your-face leadership seemed to scare Rasho sometimes, so maybe he'd be willing to come back. He's an under-rated defender, and MIN might be willing to give him an audition for a longer deal next year. I think Craig Smith would be a really nice fit for IND, with all their centers. Good one, loserX.

eagles nut wrote:I'd look at Oklahoma City. They may be willing to do Wilcox for Collins and lottery protected 1st. They also have Joe Smith available although he's not a true 5. They have a need at SG though. Maybe McCants, Madsen, 2nd rounder for Smith?

I think OKC is a legit destination, and MIN has youth and picks to trade that might appeal to OKC. The wolves don't need to win this year (and they keep their pick in the bottom 10), so they might even look at someone like Petro or Sene.

diop

There was a lot of lust for Diop on the wolves board last season, and some talk about using our MLE for him. I think talk about Mike Miller is a non-starter though.

fugop wrote:Depending on health -- both Etan's and Haywood's -- Thomas might be available later in the year. He's a smart guy, a banger, an efficient scorer and rebounder. He expires in 2010. Given our proximity to the tax, Collins for Etan at the trade deadline would work fine.

I like Etan's fit, but I guess I don't trust him enough to pay an expiring for him. Collins should be healthy by the deadline.

eagles nut wrote:Who are Dallas fans trying to kid? Dampier's a big body. That's it. No one wants his contract or he'd be out of Dallas a long time ago.

You want a defensive center. Go after Joel Przybilla. He offers the same qualities as Diop for a shorter contract.

I don't think Dampier would be a bad fit, but I think MIN wouldn't take the price tag. Thanks for the info on his last year being unguaranteed.

The Wolves might try to bring Joel Pryzbilla back to Minnesota in free agency. In the "small world department" one of his old coaches was my daughter's elementary school teacher last year!

Thanks for all the ideas!
Maritimer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 78

Post#26 » by Maritimer » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:22 pm

How about this:

VC to Cleveland
AV to Minn
Snow, Collins, Cle 1st and lesser of Bos and Mia 1sts (from Minn) to NJ.

Cleveland gets VC in a deal they can stomach (this is assuming Hickson shows he's good enough to take AV's backup minutes), NJ gets two picks and expirings for Vince, and Minnesota gets a nice young PF/C (expiring in 2010, with Bird rights) to improve their 5 spot now (and someone who they would likely try to keep longer term).

Thoughts?
On LeBron not committing fouls:
Marvin! wrote:He also doesn't poo... his body transforms food into flower seeds, which he then sends to poor inner city neighborhoods and distributes free of charge. Let us all give thanks and praise him!
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#27 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:27 pm

As a Minnesota fan I'd like that trade.

I'm sure NJ fans don't like it at all though.
JES12
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#28 » by JES12 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:36 pm

Maritimer wrote:How about this:

VC to Cleveland
AV to Minn
Snow, Collins, Cle 1st and lesser of Bos and Mia 1sts (from Minn) to NJ.

Thoughts?
:o NJ saves 37 mil and picks up 2 draft picks for an over-30, injury proned player? And Cleveland does this to entice Lebron to go to the New Jersey Nets who all of a sudden has an influx of cap space?

Yeah, whatever. Cleveland passes on that one easily.

Return to Trades and Transactions