Golden State/Milwaukee

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

pja123
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11

Golden State/Milwaukee 

Post#1 » by pja123 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:44 pm

Warriors get:
Charlie Villanueva
Damon Jones

Bucks get:
Al Harrington

WHY IT COULD WORK FOR THE WARRIORS:
They get rid of a malcontent in Harrington while getting back two players who fit into Nellie's system. Villanueva is an extremely athletic, versatile forward with a good mid-range game. He needs to develop consistency and improve his defense, but his strengths will be utilized better in a fast-paced, run-and-gun system. Jones provides another 3-point threat off the bench.

WHY IT COULD WORK FOR THE BUCKS:
The Bucks want to make a run for the postseason this year. Adding Harrington gives them a consistent scorer at the 4 spot. He, along with RJ and Bogut, would make a formidable front court.
Oomph
Veteran
And1: 0

Re: Golden State/Milwaukee 

Post#2 » by Oomph » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:49 pm

Nice trade for both teams, although I wouldn't really call Harrington a malcontent.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#3 » by trwi7 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:49 pm

There's really no difference between Harrington and CV. CV's the better rebounder, Harrington the better defender, equally inefficient scorers. We'd rather keep Jones and CV and let them expire before adding on Harrington's extra year.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Redd Shaman
Junior
And1: 25

Post#4 » by Redd Shaman » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:12 pm

:lol: formidable front court :lol:
Stop. HAmmond TIme!
St.Nick
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#5 » by St.Nick » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:50 pm

I'd do it as a GS fan. I've always liked CV's offensive game. He could blossom in Nellie's all offense/no defense game. If nothing else, he builds value for a trade in the offseason or is an EC.

Return to Trades and Transactions