Best offers for Amare/Dirk/Bosh

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 3,662

Re: Best offers for Amare/Dirk/Bosh 

Post#61 » by Hendrix » Sat Dec 6, 2008 6:47 pm

I don't like the Portland packages, but I think I migth be ok with doing something with Washington.

When Washington gets healthy they'll have Bosh, Arenas, Butler, Jamison, Haywood. Pretty solid team imo.

Toronto could do a super quick rebuild if they're trading Bosh, instead of watching him walk out the door in 2010. As long as the pick isn't protected I'm good with it.

What about something like Mayo+ their 1st round pick? that's somethng I'de do.
oak2455 wrote:Do understand English???
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,186

Post#62 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sat Dec 6, 2008 7:13 pm

Hendrix wrote:I don't like the Portland packages, but I think I migth be ok with doing something with Washington.

When Washington gets healthy they'll have Bosh, Arenas, Butler, Jamison, Haywood. Pretty solid team imo.

Toronto could do a super quick rebuild if they're trading Bosh, instead of watching him walk out the door in 2010. As long as the pick isn't protected I'm good with it.

What about something like Mayo+ their 1st round pick? that's somethng I'de do.

It's off by like $3 million or so. Memphis would have to add the extra salary to cover it. I think we would ask for Conley, Warrick and Mayo and the pick for Bosh and Graham.

I don't think Memphis would do that just yet since Mayo looks like a fantastic scorer and Conley could turn out to be a good PG. Bosh is a all-star big but he could very well be a 1 and a half year rental for them.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,354

Post#63 » by nate33 » Sat Dec 6, 2008 8:00 pm

lstern wrote:I don't much understand these talks about Bosh leaving. This team is young, it competes, and will have money to sign someone in 2010.

My hope is that we can resign JO on the cheap. I'm talking a MLE type deal that is ohh 4 years long to make up for the cheap ticket perhaps. so say JO makes $20/ 4 years.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9165

that site tells me that in 2010 our cap is at $37.5 add JO and its $42.5 If we go for a max free agent ($15) that puts us at $15 million more or $57.5 million (which is below the soft cap this year). And should increase in 2 years time. then we can still you the league minimum to fill out the bottom of our roster.

soo.

Bargnani/ JO/ Jawai
Bosh/ Hump
FA/ Moon
Kapono/ Parker / 09 draft pick
Calderon/ 09 draft pick

Realistically it won't work out like that:

we'll probably resign AP this summer. so thats 4.5 more. not to mention hopefully a MLE player too (if they are worthy).

The best thing for this team would be to trade JO who hinders our chances of making a trade with that BLOATED contract.

That $37.5M salary doesn't include Bargnani. His cap hold will be like $13M so you'd have to add that to your cap number unless you waive him or resign him for less. Let's say you actually resign him for $7M, then your cap number is $44.5M. Add in your draft pick in 2009 and 2010 and you're up to $47M. Add another $1M for two minimum salary scrubs to get your roster up to the mandatory minimum of 11 players and you're up to $48M. And that's not counting JO or Anthony Parker, if you wish to retain them.
Bac2Basics
RealGM
And1: 3
Location: "Are you like a crazy person? I'm quite sure they will say so."

Post#64 » by Bac2Basics » Sat Dec 6, 2008 8:07 pm

1st - I wouldn't put Dirk on the same level with Bosh or Amare, he's been in the league significantly longer and is by comparison if not in general a softer player.

2nd - If the Kings were going to offer a package for one of these players I would imagine it would be centered around a package something along the lines of:
Brad Miller, Donte Greene, Kenny Thomas, HOU 2009 1st & SAC 2010 1st
This package doesn't have the immediate impact of some of the others, but with 2 1sts (basically 3 with Greene) and 20+ million in expiring money, it's definitely worth consideration if one of those teams is looking to start over.
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed.
~ Herman Melville
Pointguard01
RealGM
And1: 223

Post#65 » by Pointguard01 » Sat Dec 6, 2008 8:10 pm

Bac2Basics wrote:1st - I wouldn't put Dirk on the same level with Bosh or Amare, he's been in the league significantly longer and is by comparison if not in general a softer player.

2nd - If the Kings were going to offer a package for one of these players I would imagine it would be centered around a package something along the lines of:
This package doesn't have the immediate impact of some of the others, but with 2 1sts (basically 3 with Greene) and 20+ million in expiring money, it's definitely worth consideration if one of those teams is looking to start over.

Haha. Hawes or Thompson would most definitely have to be involved if the Kings were going to get either Bosh/Amare and even then, Toronto and Phoenix would want a whole hell of a lot more. Good try though.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#66 » by loserX » Sat Dec 6, 2008 8:12 pm

Bac2Basics wrote:1st - I wouldn't put Dirk on the same level with Bosh or Amare, he's been in the league significantly longer and is by comparison if not in general a softer player.

Why you keep thinking that the Kings would be able to keep their 2009 pick...the only one worth anything...and instead acquire a superstar with picks like Houston's is beyond me. If the Kings want a superstar, it's going to hurt.
Bac2Basics
RealGM
And1: 3
Location: "Are you like a crazy person? I'm quite sure they will say so."

Post#67 » by Bac2Basics » Sat Dec 6, 2008 8:49 pm

loserX wrote:

Why you keep thinking that the Kings would be able to keep their 2009 pick...the only one worth anything...and instead acquire a superstar with picks like Houston's is beyond me. If the Kings want a superstar, it's going to hurt.

Explain to me how $20+ million in cap space and basically 3 first round picks isn't a significant enough offer for serious consideration for most anyone in the league, because there must be something I'm missing if that's a substandard offer.
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed.
~ Herman Melville
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 983

Post#68 » by roc » Sat Dec 6, 2008 9:19 pm

Pistons would offer up Sheed/Rip/Maxiell for Amare/Diaw

That makes PHX better defensively(and deeper) as well as better suited to half court Porter ball.

Detroit would still have a shot at coming out of the East, plenty of good youth to build with and cap space to boot.
the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe
Warspite
RealGM
And1: 1,099

Post#69 » by Warspite » Sat Dec 6, 2008 9:34 pm

Kerr has had Amare on the block for over a yr and the fans are ready to send him out of town for a player who cares about winning and defense. Again fans are completely overrating these PFs and I would look for a package similar to what Barkley was traded for.
HomoSapien wrote:Warspite, the greatest poster in the history of realgm.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#70 » by rsavaj » Sat Dec 6, 2008 9:49 pm

r0cd0gg wrote:Pistons would offer up Sheed/Rip/Maxiell for Amare/Diaw

That makes PHX better defensively(and deeper) as well as better suited to half court Porter ball.

Detroit would still have a shot at coming out of the East, plenty of good youth to build with and cap space to boot.

Two reasons Phoenix won't trade Amare and Diaw in the same package

1)It's a bad idea crippling the trade value of your most valued player by pairing him with a terrible, terrible contract(Diaw)
2)If they're trading Amare, Diaw needs to stay as his fill in, a role in which he excelled and still excels.
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 983

Post#71 » by roc » Sat Dec 6, 2008 10:20 pm

rsavaj wrote:
r0cd0gg wrote:Pistons would offer up Sheed/Rip/Maxiell for Amare/Diaw

Two reasons Phoenix won't trade Amare and Diaw in the same package

1)It's a bad idea crippling the trade value of your most valued player by pairing him with a terrible, terrible contract(Diaw)
2)If they're trading Amare, Diaw needs to stay as his fill in, a role in which he excelled and still excels.

I was wondering where the "Again" from your reply in the PHX forum came from.

So I will say this 'again' in this thread...

Sheed can rotate to the center with Max at the 4 when Shaq is on the bench. Sprinkle in the occasional Lopez and all goodz IMO.

Diaw and his contract for Max and his to make the deal work..

I don't think Sarver/Kerr hesitate on that part of the equation.
the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe
Teddy KGB
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#72 » by Teddy KGB » Sun Dec 7, 2008 3:48 am

Bac2Basics wrote:
loserX wrote:

Explain to me how $20+ million in cap space and basically 3 first round picks isn't a significant enough offer for serious consideration for most anyone in the league, because there must be something I'm missing if that's a substandard offer.

OK, would you trade Kevin Martin for lots of expirings and 3 firsts so late that they're practically 2nd rounders? Thought not. The only way Bosh goes to Sacramento is for Kevin Martin, Hawes and the 08 1st unprotected. Amare and Dirk would take less but still KMart ++
Formerly ss_maverick, JHos Hydro
microfib4thewin
Head Coach
And1: 454

Post#73 » by microfib4thewin » Sun Dec 7, 2008 5:29 am

The idea of trading for Dirk or Bosh is that the team want to contend, what's the point of trading for them when you have to give up your best player in return? Sac shouldn't need to give up K-Mart in such a scenario, but they will probably need to give up either Thompson or Hawes because Greene hasn't been very promising as a prospect.
loserX

Post#74 » by loserX » Sun Dec 7, 2008 5:37 am

Bac2Basics wrote:Explain to me how $20+ million in cap space and basically 3 first round picks isn't a significant enough offer for serious consideration for most anyone in the league, because there must be something I'm missing if that's a substandard offer.

You're missing a couple of things.

First of all, the only reason these players are even being discussed is that they will be expected to leave in 2010. The same year Brad and KT expire. Financially the deal makes almost no difference to the Raptors or Suns. So you're not offering $20+ million in capspace, you're offering ZERO in capspace.

And yes, you're offering draft picks...but not the one the team wants. You're offering your 3rd best prospect and your second and third best available picks. You really think the Raptors or Suns would say, "Sure, we wouldn't want to charge too much for our superstar...you go ahead and take your best player AND your two best prospects AND your best available draft pick all off the table and we'll just pick through whatever's left over"??
JES12
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#75 » by JES12 » Sun Dec 7, 2008 5:41 am

Brad Miller and Kenny Thomas is not even expiring.
loserX

Post#76 » by loserX » Sun Dec 7, 2008 5:42 am

microfib4thewin wrote:The idea of trading for Dirk or Bosh is that the team want to contend, what's the point of trading for them when you have to give up your best player in return?

Not every team will have to give up their best player. But on the Kings, the gap in value between their best player (Martin) and their second-best player (Miller, I guess? Salmons, maybe?) is so vast that if the Kings want to keep Martin, they're going to have a hell of a time adding enough value together to get up to an Amare or Bosh.

Some teams will have a #2 or #3 player worth looking at as major value in return for a young star PF. The Kings, like a number of other teams, don't. If they want to take Martin off the table, that's fine. But they shouldn't expect to be at the front of the line with their offer, then.
Teddy KGB
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#77 » by Teddy KGB » Sun Dec 7, 2008 7:55 am

So do you really think that an offer based around John freaking Salmons is going to net you a superstar?
Formerly ss_maverick, JHos Hydro

Return to Trades and Transactions