Best offers for Amare/Dirk/Bosh

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Re: Best offers for Amare/Dirk/Bosh 

Post#41 » by yungal07 » Fri Dec 5, 2008 5:43 am

rsavaj wrote:
yungal07 wrote:I'd give up Butler and Jamison for Amare. That seems like a decent offer.

I don't think Washington would give up Butler for Amare...Amare's trade value is decreasing game by game.

Dude...we'd give up Caron in a NY minute if we could get Amare back. Amare is a freakin' stud.
yungal07
Banned User

Post#42 » by yungal07 » Fri Dec 5, 2008 5:51 am

Kosta wrote:that washington package nate keeps pushing around is such crap...at least not until that pick is determined, it would have to be top 2 IMO to even get you close in the discussion of guys like Bosh and Amare...But nothing about McGee, Blatche and Young screams star potential, all these guys project to be average to above average role players....

Actually, if you "project" McGee's numbers over 36 minutes, his numbers are better than any big man on the Raptors not named Bosh. And it's obvious you haven't seen McGee play, because opposing announcers CONSTANTLY talk about McGee's potential. He's 7'0 with one of the longest reaches in the league, and he possesses a 32' vertical, which is very rare for a player his size. Chris Paul and Dwight Howard raved about McGee's potential too, so those are two guys who's opinion I value over yours. :D
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#43 » by fishercob » Fri Dec 5, 2008 3:23 pm

RTM wrote:
loserX wrote:
nate33 wrote:All three teams must be at least contemplating potential trades before the Trade Deadline of 2009.

I doubt it. It's WAY too early to consider giving up on any of these guys. Too much can change between now and then.

I've got to agree, IF one of them were to be traded, it would be this summer or next season.

That being said, there's simply no way I see any of them moved. Maybe Dirk, but only because he's older. Doubt it though.

At least one will be traded between draft night and next season's trade deadline; I agree that Dirk is the most likely candidate because of his age. If those teams aren't winning, their respective stars aren't going to re-sign. And if that's that case it would be criminal of their GM's to not move them for value before they walk away for nothing.

Let's not forget recent history. KG and Gasol were traded for salary relief, young talent and picks. Before next summer, I expect to see other stars moved for similar packages.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
Reverse_Alpha
Junior
And1: 0

Post#44 » by Reverse_Alpha » Fri Dec 5, 2008 5:08 pm

im thinking something along the line of melo/bosh swap.. im not sure about how denver feels but raptors will have a more balance lineup if Barg can developed properly playing PF

something like..

Toronto outgoing:
Chris Bosh
Jason Kapono
Joey Graham
Jamario Moon

Denver outgoing:
Carmelo Anthony
Nene Hilario
Renaldo Balkman

Raptors Lineup:
JO/Nene
Barg/Nene/Hump
Melo/Balkman
Parker/Solomon/Adam
Calderon/Roko/Solomon

Denver Lineup:
Kmart/Hunter
Bosh/Anderson
Kapono/Kleiza/Moon
JR/Jones/Moon
Billups/Carter/Atkin
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,195

Post#45 » by Mr Swagtastic » Fri Dec 5, 2008 7:00 pm

Lost Angel wrote:
xbl_sucks wrote:
Lost Angel wrote:i already said that in my post.

i thought this was on the premise that Bosh was leaving for sure.

plus, its the ultimate luxury to have two good pg's. Farmar is a great backup, I don't know about starting for another year or two. which makes Gasol and Farmar a nice offer...

How the hell is 2.2 apg a good stat line for a PG? Thats acceptable. His assist to turnover ratio is 1.5. He would be a upgrade over Ukic no question but if Toronto is trading Bosh it would be for more then that.

I would take the Portland deal of LMA, Outlaw, Fernandez and fillers over Gasol and Farmar anyday of the week.

you realize he plays in the triangle offense right? an offense that doesn't call for a true pg? he'd be better in a different system, no doubt, which is really saying something if he's playing this well in the triangle.

and yeah, that Portland deal is way better. I just don't see any reason for the Lakers to gut their roster for Bosh.

fact remains that Lakers can make a competitive offer.

Yeah I know that but that doesn't mean Farmar is a stud PG he's a good PG a backup but not a stud. He and Gasol are not getting you Bosh it's that simple.

Toronto can and will get better offers. Just think of how damn f'ing good the Lakers would be with Bosh inserted in their lineup. He's a perfect PF for their team, Gasol is a good fit as well but Bosh is a better fit imho.

Toronto would only take a serious amount of talent at this point and time for Bosh to be leaving Toronto. The Wizards package is a bunch of would be stars but with Bargnani all ready on board and BC's pet project it would be near impossle to get 3 young bigs to all reach their true potential. Who is going to play where? The pick would have to be top 2 or else no deal.

Toronto would also say no to the Denver deal. While giving a all-star swing man it makes us soft as well. Melo is a great scorer but isn't the best defender in the world he's good but sometimes he doesn't try. Nene is also a huge injury concern although he's looked good this year. I think both team would pass Denver loves what Melo brings and Toronto loves what Bosh brings. Denver would look paper thin upfront as well. Bosh isn't the best defender and Martin isn't really a good 5.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
ROYMVP
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#46 » by ROYMVP » Fri Dec 5, 2008 8:18 pm

I'm not sure what KP would actually offer, but if it were me, I would go after Stoutamire or Bosh with the following.

Aldridge
Webster
Frye
Bayless or Sergio
and any picks they wanted

As long as the exention was signed.

I know some will say it is too much for one player but those same people are saying that portland needs to consolidate. This would give portland the perfect 9 man rotation.

Blake/Bayless or Sergio/Roy
Roy/Rudy
Batum/Outlaw/Roy/Rudy
Stoutamire or Bosh/Outlaw
Oden/Pryzbilla

Best part is we would still have cap space this summer to add an above average point guard.

Someone like Kidd or Bibby
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,357

Post#47 » by nate33 » Fri Dec 5, 2008 8:31 pm

ROYMVP wrote:I'm not sure what KP would actually offer, but if it were me, I would go after Stoutamire or Bosh with the following.

Aldridge
Webster
Frye
Bayless or Sergio
and any picks they wanted

As long as the exention was signed.

I know some will say it is too much for one player but those same people are saying that portland needs to consolidate. This would give portland the perfect 9 man rotation.

Blake/Bayless or Sergio/Roy
Roy/Rudy
Batum/Outlaw/Roy/Rudy
Stoutamire or Bosh/Outlaw
Oden/Pryzbilla

Best part is we would still have cap space this summer to add an above average point guard.

Someone like Kidd or Bibby

I think that's too much for Amare. I'd offer that package for Bosh though. That would be a sick team.
Cliff Levingston
RealGM
And1: 1,094

Post#48 » by Cliff Levingston » Fri Dec 5, 2008 8:40 pm

Came up with another deal the Bulls could offer for Amare. Cliff Levingston still doesn't think Phoenix would be interested, but here it is anyway. Trade ID #4851689

Bulls trade/Phoenix receives:
- Luol Deng
- Kirk Hinrich
- Drew Gooden
- Tyrus Thomas
- Thabo Sefolosha
- 2009 1st round pick, unprotected.
Bulls receive/Phoenix trades:
- Amare Stoudemire
- Boris Diaw
- Raja Bell

They certainly get a quantity of decent/good players. Supposedly Kerr likes Hinrich a lot and there's no denying that he'd be a nice backup who can also swing the 2 for stretches. Deng is a good young talent who would assume the 3 spot long-term. Gooden is a stop gap at the 4 while Tyrus is the 4 prospect, and Sefolosha takes over for Bell as the perimeter defender, except significantly younger.

1. Nash, Hinrich
2. Barbosa, Sefolosha, Hinrich
3. Deng, Hill, Barnes
4. Gooden, Thomas
5. Shaq, Lopez

The Bulls obviously get the best player in the deal and take Diaw and Bell off the Suns' hands in the process. ICLO, this is a pretty well balanced roster right away and certainly solves the roster glut problems we currently have.

1. Rose, Hunter/Gordon
2. Gordon, Bell, Hughes
3. Nocioni/Diaw, Hughes/Bell
4. Amare, Diaw/Nocioni, Simmons
5. Noah, Gray
farzi
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#49 » by farzi » Fri Dec 5, 2008 10:03 pm

Aldridge Rudy and a 1st, but no interest in dirk due to age
Thank you for all the memories BRoy. You were a class act and brought hope to an entire region for 5 years. You will be missed.
Kosta
RealGM

Post#50 » by Kosta » Fri Dec 5, 2008 10:18 pm

Cliff Levingston wrote:Came up with another deal the Bulls could offer for Amare. Cliff Levingston still doesn't think Phoenix would be interested, but here it is anyway. Trade ID #4851689

Bulls trade/Phoenix receives:
- Luol Deng
- Kirk Hinrich
- Drew Gooden
- Tyrus Thomas
- Thabo Sefolosha
- 2009 1st round pick, unprotected.
Bulls receive/Phoenix trades:
- Amare Stoudemire
- Boris Diaw
- Raja Bell

They certainly get a quantity of decent/good players. Supposedly Kerr likes Hinrich a lot and there's no denying that he'd be a nice backup who can also swing the 2 for stretches. Deng is a good young talent who would assume the 3 spot long-term. Gooden is a stop gap at the 4 while Tyrus is the 4 prospect, and Sefolosha takes over for Bell as the perimeter defender, except significantly younger.

1. Nash, Hinrich
2. Barbosa, Sefolosha, Hinrich
3. Deng, Hill, Barnes
4. Gooden, Thomas
5. Shaq, Lopez

The Bulls obviously get the best player in the deal and take Diaw and Bell off the Suns' hands in the process. ICLO, this is a pretty well balanced roster right away and certainly solves the roster glut problems we currently have.

1. Rose, Hunter/Gordon
2. Gordon, Bell, Hughes
3. Nocioni/Diaw, Hughes/Bell
4. Amare, Diaw/Nocioni, Simmons
5. Noah, Gray

tbh, that's a crap deal for Amare... :lol:

I mean, Hinrich's value has really depreciated to the point where his contract might actually be a burden/risk to take on. And Deng's deal looks worse by the day, he's not going to live up to that contract. Thomas and Sefolosha haven't shown enough to believe they'll be solid NBA players long term...That pick could be out of the lottery..Just seems like a bunch of mediocre pieces for one great one..I don't think PHX touches that...
Kosta
RealGM

Post#51 » by Kosta » Fri Dec 5, 2008 10:20 pm

midranger wrote:Redd and Bogut and 1st.

Not terrible, but pretty bad, you might actually be better off starting with Bogut, the 1st and working your way up without Redd in the deal at all...
microfib4thewin
Head Coach
And1: 454

Post#52 » by microfib4thewin » Sat Dec 6, 2008 12:14 am

Farmar, under a non-triangle system and without Kobe hogging the ball, can easily average 5 to 6 assist a night. Anyone who has seen him play knows he's a traditional PG, not a triangle PG like Fish or Sasha who's more focused on scoring than playmaking. He's not going to have a Devin Harris transformation, but he can get enough playing time to rest Calderon and is 10 times better than Ukic.

Not saying Toronto will bite this, but in a scenario where Bosh demands to take leave, Gasol + Farmar isn't as bad as you say it is.
microfib4thewin
Head Coach
And1: 454

Post#53 » by microfib4thewin » Sat Dec 6, 2008 12:20 am

Anyways, telling their fans about trading their franchise players now is not going to elicit any positive responses because they don't need to be traded right now. You just can't draw up accurate hypothetical scenarios for what happens in the next year.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,357

Post#54 » by nate33 » Sat Dec 6, 2008 3:07 am

microfib4thewin wrote:Anyways, telling their fans about trading their franchise players now is not going to elicit any positive responses because they don't need to be traded right now. You just can't draw up accurate hypothetical scenarios for what happens in the next year.

Agreed.

That's why I've been trying to focus on comparing the trade offers. It's not about whether Trade Package X is worth Amare Stoudemire. It's whether Trade Package X is better than Trade Package Y.

We won't know if the trade packages are worth the star PF's until later in the season, or perhaps next season, when we get a better handle on the 2010 free agency situation.
Hiphophead101
Senior
And1: 68

Post#55 » by Hiphophead101 » Sat Dec 6, 2008 3:34 am

Couldnt be offered untill january 22nd, but

Crawford/Magette/Anthony Morrow
Amare/Bell

or

David West/Mike James/09' and 11' first rounders
Amare

or

Jason Richardson
Raymond Felton
09' first

Amare
Tucker
bcortell
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#56 » by bcortell » Sat Dec 6, 2008 3:45 am

I think all of those offers are some of the worst out here. Maybe the west and picks is decent but with paul, amare, and chandler those picks are late twenties at best.
LiSTWithLani
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,151

Post#57 » by LiSTWithLani » Sat Dec 6, 2008 8:10 am

I don't much understand these talks about Bosh leaving. This team is young, it competes, and will have money to sign someone in 2010.

My hope is that we can resign JO on the cheap. I'm talking a MLE type deal that is ohh 4 years long to make up for the cheap ticket perhaps. so say JO makes $20/ 4 years.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9165

that site tells me that in 2010 our cap is at $37.5 add JO and its $42.5 If we go for a max free agent ($15) that puts us at $15 million more or $57.5 million (which is below the soft cap this year). And should increase in 2 years time. then we can still you the league minimum to fill out the bottom of our roster.

soo.

Bargnani/ JO/ Jawai
Bosh/ Hump
FA/ Moon
Kapono/ Parker / 09 draft pick
Calderon/ 09 draft pick

Realistically it won't work out like that:

we'll probably resign AP this summer. so thats 4.5 more. not to mention hopefully a MLE player too (if they are worthy).

The best thing for this team would be to trade JO who hinders our chances of making a trade with that BLOATED contract.
MikeM
General Manager
And1: 9,878

Post#58 » by MikeM » Sat Dec 6, 2008 4:32 pm

I'd trade Bosh for a great SF and C combo. What do you guys got?
Milkdud
RealGM
And1: 137

Post#59 » by Milkdud » Sat Dec 6, 2008 5:23 pm

For Bosh so package of Aldridge, Outlaw, draft pick? More could be added
kwelsh2
Sophomore

Post#60 » by kwelsh2 » Sat Dec 6, 2008 6:34 pm

I think Portland certainly has the pieces to create a good package for Bosh. And this is coming from a Toronto fan no-less. In no way am I saying I want Toronto to trade bosh, but if portland threw together a package of say:

Aldridge, Outlaw, Webster and some picks for Bosh

I don't think I would be too disappointed with that. I would love for them to throw in Oden, but even I don't think that's realistic! a 3 for 1 deal with young talent coming back to Toronto seems like fairly decent value. And portland can't deny they would be getting the best player in the deal by far.

Return to Trades and Transactions