DET / PHX

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

The Sixth Man
Senior
And1: 0

DET / PHX 

Post#1 » by The Sixth Man » Fri Dec 5, 2008 10:53 pm

Detroit Pistons trade: Richard Hamilton, Walter Sharpe, Rasheed Wallace, 1 Future First Round Pick
Detroit Pistons receive: Raja Bell, Amare Stoudemire

Phoenix Suns trade: Raja Bell, Amare Stoudemire
Phoenix Suns recieve: Richard Hamilton, Walter Sharpe, Rasheed Wallace, 1 Future First Round Pick

Why for Detroit: They get Amare, who is, in most people's opinion, the best player in the deal RIGHT NOW and is also the player in this trade with the most potential. Additionally, he would seem to fit very well on the Pistons, who would have two good defenders starting in the frontcourt to make up for his defense, which many believe to be very poor. Detroit also acquires a very solid player in Bell. One point to make is that Amare has made some comments recently about wanting to be "the man". Now, some people may think that he would be frustrated playing with Iverson, who, in the past, has taken lots of shots. But, looking at Iverson's stats, he really hasn't taken that many shots this season. Amare could still get the ball as much as he currently does.

Starter and First Backup at Each Position:

Allen Iverson / Rodney Stuckey
Raja Bell / Rodney Stuckey
Tayshaun Prince / Arron Afflalo
Amare Stoudemire / Jason Maxiell
Kwame Brown / Amare Stoudemire

Why for Phoenix: They give away Amare, but this idea doesn't seem as absurd as it would have a couple of months ago, and they get a lot of value AND a good fit in return. They acquire Hamilton and Wallace, two very good players. Additionally, Sharpe is a decent prospect. I also think that the players they get would happen to fit their team very well (Wallace for instance, is a good fit next to Shaquille O'Neal). They become much more well-balanced. The first round pick helps, as well.

Starter and First Backup at Each Position:

Steve Nash / Sean Singletary
Richard Hamilton / Leandro Barbosa
Matt Barnes / Grant Hill
Rasheed Wallace / Boris Diaw
Shaquille O'Neal / Robin Lopez
The Sixth Man
Senior

Re: DET / PHX 

Post#2 » by The Sixth Man » Fri Dec 5, 2008 11:47 pm

any thoughts?
legacyinthemakin89c
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#3 » by legacyinthemakin89c » Fri Dec 5, 2008 11:49 pm

I would hate losing Tay, but Detroit would have to accept this deal, but no way the Suns do it, Amare is just one of those big men you don't trade away, the guys arguably the best offensive big man in the game currently, not to take anything away from Duncan or Garnett.
The Sixth Man
Senior

Post#4 » by The Sixth Man » Sat Dec 6, 2008 12:08 am

Yeah, you're probably right. What if Rodney Stuckey was added to the deal??
SunsWinSunsWin
Senior
And1: 396

Post#5 » by SunsWinSunsWin » Sat Dec 6, 2008 12:41 am

As a Suns fan I would take Stuckey, Maxiell, Prince, Rip, and 2 first rounders but I don't know how the salaries work. I don't want to lose Tucker though. I'll give you Dragic instead.
The Sixth Man
Senior

Post#6 » by The Sixth Man » Sat Dec 6, 2008 12:50 am

SunsWinSunsWin wrote:As a Suns fan I would take Stuckey, Maxiell, Prince, Rip, and 2 first rounders but I don't know how the salaries work. I don't want to lose Tucker though. I'll give you Dragic instead.

I'd have to check and see if the salaries work.

Anyways, it sounds like the Suns would have some interest in the above deal. What about the Pistons fans? What say you?
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#7 » by rsavaj » Sat Dec 6, 2008 1:49 am

Phoenix would probably want Rasheed the most from Detroit. His defense and shooting would be a great asset.
Warspite
RealGM
And1: 1,099

Post#8 » by Warspite » Sat Dec 6, 2008 3:56 am

Amares stock is falling faster than the GMs/AIGs

Theres no point in the Pistons giving up assets for someone they can get for nothing. Amare isnt resiging, is a lockerroom cancer and doesnt play defense. Amares trade value is not even close what other posters believe.

I think Rip, Maxiel and a #1 pick are about all your going to get for Amare.

The proposed trades are utter ficton and completely outragious. Dumars wouldnt give up Prince for Amare straight up I dont think your getting half the team for him.
HomoSapien wrote:Warspite, the greatest poster in the history of realgm.
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,687

Post#9 » by Cowology » Sat Dec 6, 2008 5:53 am

I really don't think the Suns should trade Amare unless they are convinced he's going to bolt.

As for the proposed deal, that is a tough pill to swallow. 2 youngest remaining starters from our championship team, and a pair of picks are not exactly the assets we'd want to part with in a rebuilding effort. Including Stuckey is even worse. Especially when you consider the Pistons will have the cap room to pursue Amare and other FA over the next 2 Summers without having to give up so much value.

It's a buyers market. When teams feel they will be able to get players in a year or two without having to give up anything it decreases the sellers leverage, and the value of their assets.

Rip, Sheed & Maxiell (or a 1st) for Amare & Diaw is about as far as I'd be willing to go, and I'm not sure I'd even feel particularly good about it. Still, I'd probably do it just for a future core of Stuckey, Afflalo, Prince, Amir & Amare (plus enough cap room for 1 more max player).

That gives the Suns a very strong chance at winning it all this year with 2 players who'd compliment Nash & Shaq exceptionally well by vastly improving their defense, while still being able to produce offensively. And it'd provide a bit of cap relief after the season.
microfib4thewin
Head Coach
And1: 454

Post#10 » by microfib4thewin » Sat Dec 6, 2008 6:05 am

Wait, Rip, Tay, Maxiell and 2 1st rounders are pretty much overpaying for a guy that you cannot really a build team with, and you want the Pistons to include Stuckey? This isn't a prime Duncan we are talking about here. This is a one way player whose stats are not going to be as impressive once Nash is gone. Replacing Tucker with Dragic, who's the most overpaid and unaccomplished 2nd rounder this year, is just another slap to the face.

I can see the Pistons giving up either one of Rip/Prince + Maxiell and a 1st rounder, nothing further.
The Sixth Man
Senior

Post#11 » by The Sixth Man » Sat Dec 6, 2008 6:23 am

Judging by the original comments, I guess I shouldn't have mentioned Stuckey. So what about the original deal? Should Detroit be sending one first rounder, rather than two? I used that top 25 trade value thread to guide me in this. While I don't agree with each pick (my list would certainly look different), I believe they ranked Amare 7th.
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 3,998

Post#12 » by BDM22 » Sat Dec 6, 2008 6:24 am

SunsWinSunsWin wrote:As a Suns fan I would take Stuckey, Maxiell, Prince, Rip, and 2 first rounders but I don't know how the salaries work. I don't want to lose Tucker though. I'll give you Dragic instead.

Good god... As a Piston fan, I would give Rip, Sheed, and Max TOPS. Amare's a no-defense prima-dona. You don't gut an entire team for him.

Stuckey, Rip, Tay, Max, and 2 1sts?!? :lol: absolutely brutal.
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#13 » by princeofpalace » Sat Dec 6, 2008 1:07 pm

Im glad Im not the only Pistons fan that hates this deal. You dont guy teams for guys like Amare.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by rsavaj » Sat Dec 6, 2008 6:24 pm

BDM22 wrote:

Good god... As a Piston fan, I would give Rip, Sheed, and Max TOPS. Amare's a no-defense prima-dona. You don't gut an entire team for him.

Stuckey, Rip, Tay, Max, and 2 1sts?!? :lol: absolutely brutal.

I'd do Rip/Sheed/Maxiell for Amare as a Suns fan. I'd prefer Tay instead of Rip and Max, but I'd understand if Pistons fans were against that substitution.
RTM
RealGM
And1: 173

Post#15 » by RTM » Sat Dec 6, 2008 6:45 pm

Stuckey, Rip, Max, Tay AND 2 1sts is WAY too much.

The most I would offer is Rip/Sheed/Max/pick for Amare/Diaw

Nash/Barbosa/Singletary/Dragic
Rip/Bell
Barnes/Hill/Tucker
Sheed/Max/Amundson
Shaq/Lopez

AI/Bynum
Stuckey/Afflalo
Tay/Herrmann
Amare/Amir/Diaw
Kwame/McDyess (when resigned)
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 983

Post#16 » by roc » Sat Dec 6, 2008 6:50 pm

As Cow said, Buyers Market and Sheed/Rip/Maxiell for Amare/Diaw is as far as I would budge. No to Tay going, and HELLZ NO to Stuckey being included. Suns don't need our draft picks, they never even keep the ones they have.

Nash/Rip/Hill/Sheed/Shaq and a much better bench could give PHX a much better chance to make some noise in the playoffs than currently constructed.

Detroit would be rolling with...

Stuckey/AI/Tay/Amir/Amare with Bynum/Afflalo/Diaw/Dice/Kwame as the main contributors off the bench.

Looks about right for both teams IMO
the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe
The Sixth Man
Senior

Post#17 » by The Sixth Man » Sat Dec 6, 2008 9:00 pm

Ok, so Rasheed Wallace instead of Tayshaun Prince in the original deal??? Then do both sides agree?
Warspite
RealGM
And1: 1,099

Post#18 » by Warspite » Sat Dec 6, 2008 9:07 pm

Only if the Suns agree to buy out Sheed and let him return to detroit.
HomoSapien wrote:Warspite, the greatest poster in the history of realgm.
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 983

Post#19 » by roc » Sat Dec 6, 2008 9:34 pm

The Sixth Man wrote:Ok, so Rasheed Wallace instead of Tayshaun Prince in the original deal??? Then do both sides agree?

Minus the pick as well, besides it's not like PHX knows what to do with them other than sell them to Portland. I suppose we could save em tha trouble and toss in some cash to grease the wheels.

Warspite wrote:Only if the Suns agree to buy out Sheed and let him return to detroit.

Yeah like PHX would go for that. :lol:
the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by rsavaj » Sat Dec 6, 2008 9:57 pm

Warspite wrote:Only if the Pistons agree to buy out Amare and let him return to Phoenix.

I like that deal better :D

Return to Trades and Transactions