Bosh to Sac-town

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,186

Re: Bosh to Sac-town 

Post#21 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon Dec 8, 2008 2:29 am

Smills91 wrote:
xbl_sucks wrote:
KM44 wrote:I don't want to see bosh in sac without martin. I don't think kenny thomas is a huge negative now, so trading him for kapono is pointless. I have proposed one where salmons and miller go to toronto, not martin and thomas. Those two sets of players have similar value, seeing that salmons and miller both have positive value and martin has really positive value and thomas with negative, those two are similar packages.

Wow, where do I start Salmons and Miller for Bosh are you high or something? Miller is all but done in a few years and with Jermaine O'Neal and Bargnani he becomes unwanted.

Well Toronto wants Martin and Sacramento's pick unprotected and Thompson or Hawes in the deal. We are not handing you Bosh for a couple good role players. Yes Miller and Salmons are role players.

We're not saying Bosh isn't worth all that...but, to the Kings the opportunity to keep the core AND pursue Bosh > trading for Bosh without any guarantees now. It's really simple. Bosh has value, no doubt...but when was the last time a superstar was dealt at FULL value? Basically you either get another star level player/filler for him(Billups/Iverson comes to mind) OR you get a package of picks/prospects/expirings(more typical - and sometimes you even eat a bad salary to facilitate the deal a la Shaq for odom/butler/grant), this is the more typical scenario.

So IMO Toronto is better off holding onto Bosh OR accepting the fact that they may have to role the dice on a nice prospect/picks and look towards a rebuild if they really want to deal Bosh.

If Bosh is worth Martin, Thompson, a sure-fire lotto pick AND another 1st rounder? Why isn't Toronto looking to keep him?

Answer: Because they're scared to death of losing him via FA for NOTHING in 1.5 years....which is the SAME reason no team in their right mind would offer a package of Martin/Thompson/lotto pick/1st round pick or honestly anything REMOTELY close to that kind of value.

Colangelo isn't a idiot he isn't trading a franchise big for anything less then Martin and I doubt the Kings have the money to lure Bosh like the New York Knicks and Heat do. Toronto can offer Bosh the most money in a MAX deal.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Re: Bosh to Sac-town 

Post#22 » by Smills91 » Mon Dec 8, 2008 2:36 am

xbl_sucks wrote:
Smills91 wrote:
xbl_sucks wrote:
Wow, where do I start Salmons and Miller for Bosh are you high or something? Miller is all but done in a few years and with Jermaine O'Neal and Bargnani he becomes unwanted.

Well Toronto wants Martin and Sacramento's pick unprotected and Thompson or Hawes in the deal. We are not handing you Bosh for a couple good role players. Yes Miller and Salmons are role players.

We're not saying Bosh isn't worth all that...but, to the Kings the opportunity to keep the core AND pursue Bosh > trading for Bosh without any guarantees now. It's really simple. Bosh has value, no doubt...but when was the last time a superstar was dealt at FULL value? Basically you either get another star level player/filler for him(Billups/Iverson comes to mind) OR you get a package of picks/prospects/expirings(more typical - and sometimes you even eat a bad salary to facilitate the deal a la Shaq for odom/butler/grant), this is the more typical scenario.

So IMO Toronto is better off holding onto Bosh OR accepting the fact that they may have to role the dice on a nice prospect/picks and look towards a rebuild if they really want to deal Bosh.

If Bosh is worth Martin, Thompson, a sure-fire lotto pick AND another 1st rounder? Why isn't Toronto looking to keep him?

Answer: Because they're scared to death of losing him via FA for NOTHING in 1.5 years....which is the SAME reason no team in their right mind would offer a package of Martin/Thompson/lotto pick/1st round pick or honestly anything REMOTELY close to that kind of value.

Colangelo isn't a idiot he isn't trading a franchise big for anything less then Martin and I doubt the Kings have the money to lure Bosh like the New York Knicks and Heat do. Toronto can offer Bosh the most money in a MAX deal.

And I never said he was an idiot or that he should trade him for anything less than Martin. The Kings will have 30 million dollars to spend UNDER THE CAP in 2010...so they could throw a max year deal his way. No guarantees, but then you at least have Martin/Thompson and your next lotto pick or two on board if he doesn't sign.

Return to Trades and Transactions