Clev goes for it! Tor rolls dice! Char and OKC get cap space

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

TGM
Assistant Coach
And1: 717

Clev goes for it! Tor rolls dice! Char and OKC get cap space 

Post#1 » by TGM » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:09 am

Toronto sends

Jermaine O'neal
Andrea Bargnani
Anthony Parker
Jason Kapono
Kris Humphries
Jamario Moon
Hassan Adams

Toronto receives

Ben Wallace
Jason Richardson
Nick Collison
Joe Smith
Damian Wilkins
Desmond Mason
Shannon Brown

Clev sends

Wally S
Ben Wallace
2nd round pick

Clev receives

Jermaine O'neal
Jason Kapono

Char sends

Jason Richardson
Shannon Brown

Char receives

Andrea Bargnani
Anthony Parker
Kris Humphries

OKC sends

Nick Collison
Joe Smith
Desmond Mason
Damian Wilkins

OKC receives

Jamario Moon
Wally S
Hassan Adams
2nd round pick from Cleveland

Why for Tor? They trade half of the team and make once last ditch effot to make the playoffs and convince Bosh to stay. Wallace is a downgrade from O'neal, but still provides a sound defensive presence. RIchardson gives Toronto another go to guy outside. Smith and Collison give Toronto extra depth off the bench up front. While Mason and Wilkins give Toronto two hard nose defenders.

Why for Clev? The team adds a big piece without losing any of their core guys. O'neal immediately will be the starting PF for Clev. He gives them an additional inside scorer next to Big Z and can also block a lot of shots, further improving Clevelands interior defense. Kapono is a similar player to Wally and would be a deadly 3pt presence receiving from Mo and Lebron's ability to drive and dish. JO and Kapono should easily make the Cavs favorites to win it all.

Why for Char? The team needs a big time shake-up. Pretty much everyone outside of Oak , dudley and Augustin are on the available. Parker is definitely a MJ type of guy providing veteran leadership and a defensive presence. Bargnani gives Brown a young PF with an excellent skill set to complement Oakafor nicely. Humphries gives the team an energy rebounder off the bench who is very durable.

Why for OKC? This is purely a salary dump for OKC. Collison and Wilkins have contract running through 2011. This deal will give OKC even more additional cap space in 2009. Moon is a young athletic defensive guard to bring off the bench. OKC will be around 40 million below the cap going into 2009. OKC tanks the season and secures the number 1 pick. They can sign 2-3 big name free agents in the off-season.

Lineups

Toronto

Jose Calderon - Roko Ukic - Will Solomon
Jason Richardson - Damian Wilkins - Shannon Brown
Desmond Mason - Joey Graham
Chris Bosh - Joe Smith - Nathan Jawai
Ben Wallace - Nick Collison - Nathan Jawai

Cleveland

Mo Williams - Delonte West - Eric Snow
Daniel Gibson - Alex Pavlovic - Tarence Kinsey
Lebron James - Jason Kapono - Jawad Williams
Jermaine O'neal - JJ Hickson - Darnell Jacson
Big Z - Anderson Varaejo - Lorenzen Wright

Charlotte

Raymond Felton - DJ Augustin - Andre Brown
Anthony Parker - Adam Morrison - Matt Carroll
Gerald Wallace - Jared Dudley -
Andrea Bargnani - Kris Humphries - Sean May
Emeka Okafor - Nazr Mohammed - Dwayne Jones

OKC

Earl Watson - Russell Westbrook - John Lucas
Kevin Durant - Wally S - Hassan Adams
Jeff Green - Jamario Moon - Kyle Weaver
Chris Wilcox - Steven Hill
Johan Petro - Robert Swift - Saer Sene
bcortell
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: Clev goes for it! Tor rolls dice! Char and OKC get cap space 

Post#2 » by bcortell » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:16 am

Easy no from cleveland. We don't want Kapono and his contract back. And we like Ben. (Plus JO said he's glad he picked Tor over Cleveland lol)
london sonic
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#3 » by london sonic » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:51 am

OKC easily says no.They can get far more than this than really Moon and a Cleveland 2nd which is virtually worthless.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#4 » by TheOUTLAW » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:57 am

Cleveland goes for what? They just fill the holes created by trading Wallace and Wally. It's no where close to worth the risk.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
Kosar86
Assistant Coach
And1: 33

Post#5 » by Kosar86 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:32 pm

Uh, Wallace and Wally > JO and Kapono.
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,925

Post#6 » by JN » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:33 pm

bcortell wrote:Easy no from cleveland. We don't want Kapono and his contract back. And we like Ben. (Plus JO said he's glad he picked Tor over Cleveland lol)

What do you expect him to say at this point.
countryboi
Head Coach
And1: 1,303

Post#7 » by countryboi » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:25 pm

bobcats say no easy....this trade is a joke for them....they have no use for Andrea Bargnani or
Anthony Parker
The Cut Podcast, An Hilarious barbershop style discussion podcast. Watch us on Youtube and listen to us on all major Podcast Platforms. https://linktr.ee/thecut_podcast
bcortell
Banned User

Post#8 » by bcortell » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:26 pm

JN wrote:
bcortell wrote:Easy no from cleveland. We don't want Kapono and his contract back. And we like Ben. (Plus JO said he's glad he picked Tor over Cleveland lol)

What do you expect him to say at this point.

I would expect him to say that. That's why I put lol. I can't imagine he really believes that. But either way, we don't need him or Kapono. Still a no from the Cavs.
SportsBoy
Rookie

Post#9 » by SportsBoy » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:30 pm

Cavs just Killed Toronto last night.

The only player we would want would be Bosh.
The only player they would accept for Bosh would be LBJ.

By the way, Cavs are 18-3; no need to make a trade unless it is stacked in our favor.
may191988
Junior

Post#10 » by may191988 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:32 pm

this is my opinion...

CLE: i think they do it because o'neal when right is the piece they need to go over the top. considering all they give up is wally and ben, its worth it even if you take back kapono

TOR: definitely does it. they gain much, much better depth and they also acquire the wing player they been lacking.

CHA: its iffy, but in the end i think they do it. i personally value bargnani at about the same level as j-rich with contracts and potential considered bargnani is quitely having a very impressive year IMO) and also AP and humphries are great pieces that CHA needs.

so far so good...

OKC: this is where it falls apart. no way okc does this. they get back expirings but they also give up expirings. the only "long contract they give up is collison and his contract is not bad at all. easy no from OKC.
LAKERS*CLIPPERS*BULLS
bcortell
Banned User

Post#11 » by bcortell » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:36 pm

may191988 wrote:this is my opinion...

CLE: i think they do it because o'neal when right is the piece they need to go over the top. considering all they give up is wally and ben, its worth it even if you take back kapono

TOR: definitely does it. they gain much, much better depth and they also acquire the wing player they been lacking.

CHA: its iffy, but in the end i think they do it. i personally value bargnani at about the same level as j-rich with contracts and potential considered bargnani is quitely having a very impressive year IMO) and also AP and humphries are great pieces that CHA needs.

so far so good...

OKC: this is where it falls apart. no way okc does this. they get back expirings but they also give up expirings. the only "long contract they give up is collison and his contract is not bad at all. easy no from OKC.

When ben is in the right place, i'd prefer him over JO. Not kidding. And Ben is in the right place. Thus, it is not worth taking back Kapono. Also, I'd rather keep Wally and let him expire (saving the FO a ton of money next year) , or trade him for someone at the deadline who might come available.
djthesonicsfan
Lead Assistant
And1: 159

Post#12 » by djthesonicsfan » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:14 pm

Collison, Smith, Mason & Wilkins for Moon, Szczerbiak, Adams & Cavs 2nd?

Not a chance.

+1 on what london said.
notSonics 2016
Starters - Trey, Roberson, KD, Ibaka, Adams
Rotation - Payne, Waiters, Green, McGary, Kanter
Bench - Collison, Christon, Brodgon, Huestis
Stash - Johnson, Abrine
Cut - Morrow
Trade - Singler
Draft - Brogdon
FA - Green
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,187

Post#13 » by Mr Swagtastic » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:02 pm

Wow this is a huge steal for Toronto how the hell do we get the best players in the deal for Bargnani and O'Neal? J-Rich, Collison and Ben Wallace would be good fits for this team. Wow I never thought I would call Ben Wallace good!

The Cats take it realllllly hard in this deal no way would they consider it
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
spectre_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#14 » by spectre_ » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:12 pm

I certainly don't nor would I imagine Bobcats' management.

Bargs might get you Crash, but he won't get you Richardson.
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
rjgraca
Head Coach
And1: 43

Post#15 » by rjgraca » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:23 pm

bcortell wrote:
may191988 wrote:this is my opinion...

so far so good...

When ben is in the right place, i'd prefer him over JO. Not kidding. And Ben is in the right place. Thus, it is not worth taking back Kapono. Also, I'd rather keep Wally and let him expire (saving the FO a ton of money next year) , or trade him for someone at the deadline who might come available.

+1

The CAVs are doing rather well so far and this deal doesn't make them better. JO is the taller version of Larry Hughes in Durability and Ugly contract verses production. The CAVs got rid of Larry Hughes and they don't need a bigger version of him either. Since JO isn't that attractive of an asset ... Kapono is a less attractive one who isn't better than Wally and stays on your salary cap way too long. This would be a desperation move by the CAVs and their record speaks volumes about them not being in that mode.

CAVs pass.
RevMan26
Pro Prospect

Post#16 » by RevMan26 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:03 am

J.O. is a scrub. Injury prone and inconsistent. Wouldn't want him if he came for free. Wallace>>>J.O.

Return to Trades and Transactions