UTH-CHA-PHI

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

UTH-CHA-PHI 

Post#1 » by El Turco » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:11 pm

Utah trades:
Mehmet Okur
Paul Millsap

Utah receives:
C-Emeka Okafor

Charlotte trades:
Emeka Okafor
Adam Morrison

Charlotte receives:
Paul Millsap
Samuel Dalembert
Kareem Rush
1st rd pick

Philadelphia trades:
Samuel Dalembert
Kareem Rush
1st rd pick

Philadelphia receives:
Mehmet Okur
Adam Morrison

Utah

Okafor/Koufos/Fessenko
Boozer/AK/Koufos
CJ Miles/AK/Harpring
Brewer/Korver/Almond
Williams/Knight/Price

Utah is likely to lose one of Okur/Millsap/Boozer to free agency end of the season. they lose two of them with this trade but they get the interior defender they ve been looking for a long time. losing two fan favorites in Okur and Millsap is tough but if that means they get to resign Boozer and get the last piece for championship, i think they would roll the dice.

Charlotte

Dalembert/Mohammed/Ajinca
Millsap/May/Jones
Wallace/Dudley
Richardson/Carroll
Augustin/Felton

Charlotte gets young talent and depth in their front court. Dalembert makes up for some of the interior toughness they lose by trading Okafor and his contract is shorter if they want to go to free agency route in the future. Charlotte also gets Millsap who performed remarkably for Jazz in starting line up during Boozer s absence and have high potential. mid-first round pick gives Charlotte chance to put another good young player to their rotation.

Philly

Okur/Ratliff/Speights
Brand/Evans/Marshall
Young/Morrison
Igoudala/Green
Miller/Williams/Ivey

Philly gets rid of Dalembert whose role has been diminishing quickly and in return they get the scoring and shooting help they need. Okur and Brand would make a formidable inside-out combo and Morrison is a good shooter that can come off the bench.

note: assume Millsap and Okur would be resigned at the end of the season.

thoughts?
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 2,006

Re: UTH-CHA-PHI 

Post#2 » by Rockazoids » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:20 pm

Phila would do that.& they give up a 1st?
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#3 » by BigSlam » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:13 pm

Kareem Rush was kicked out of Charlotte. Can't see them taking him back.

And "interior toughness" and "Samual Dalembert" are two things that don't really go together!!
B B M F 'ers
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#4 » by El Turco » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:41 pm

Rush is a filler, you can cut him after the trade. and Dalembert is a good shot blocker.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
CAE15
Assistant Coach
And1: 699

Post#5 » by CAE15 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:58 pm

Utah laughs this trade off. Millsap and Okur = to Emeka? year right, Okur is about the same value to emeka no way we just throw in millsap.
sendai91
Rookie
And1: 14

Post#6 » by sendai91 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:07 pm

From a Utah perspective, a lot of Jazz fans feel that Okur = or > than Okafor by himself, and with the year that Milsap is having, Milsap > Okafor. So, it would be a real debate as to whether to trade either of these two for Okafaor, much less both of them.

Here's another reason why Utah can't do this trade: let's say the trade happens, and then Boozer decides in the offseason to leave to Miami, which is entirely possible.

Then, Utah is left with Okafor and Memo, Milsap and Boozer are all gone. Utah's impossibly positioned at that point. It makes no sense for Utah at all to do any panic trades until they know precisely what offers are on the table for both Boozer and Millsap at seasons' end.
SamBone
Lead Assistant
And1: 4

Post#7 » by SamBone » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:05 pm

Charlotte would rather have the sixers mascot then getting Rush and cutting him AGAIN. Remember he was cut at the end of the year 4 years ago and banished overseas. No way they trade for him again. Other then that the trade isn't bad
2012 GMAT Christmas Edition : OKC Thunder

PG: DWill / Bayless
SG: DWade / VC / Grant Hill
SF: KD / MWP
PF: Ibaka / Landry
C : DMC / Dalembert / Kelly Olynyk

draft rites to Serey Karaey
dilbert719
Sixth Man
And1: 128

Post#8 » by dilbert719 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:20 pm

SamBone wrote:Charlotte would rather have the sixers mascot then getting Rush and cutting him AGAIN.

You'd take HipHop? Really?

MAKE IT HAPPEN NOW! :lol:
Bryan Colangelo Elton Brand: The Cause of, and Solution to, All of Life's Problems

Daryl Morey: The Solution to All of Life's Problems
treis
RealGM
And1: 60

Post#9 » by treis » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:51 pm

New Jazzy Nets wrote:Utah laughs this trade off. Millsap and Okur = to Emeka? year right, Okur is about the same value to emeka no way we just throw in millsap.

No way Okur has the same value as Emeka. Okafor can control the glass, defend the paint, and give you some relatively efficient post scoring. Okur is basically a somewhat inefficient scorer from the C spot. He doesn't defend well, and doesn't rebound well.
heathmalc
Analyst
And1: 16

Post#10 » by heathmalc » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:56 pm

No way that Utah lets lose of Milsap. Okur..yeah (doubtful though).. or Kirilenko...yeah, but Milsap is staying in Utah. He plays better than the rest of their Bigs. Only Boozer is close, and he dont play as well defensively.

ICharlotte is not getting rid of Omeka either.

This whole trade actually sux for all three teams.
We the People...
sendai91
Rookie
And1: 14

Post#11 » by sendai91 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:08 pm

treis wrote:
New Jazzy Nets wrote:Utah laughs this trade off. Millsap and Okur = to Emeka? year right, Okur is about the same value to emeka no way we just throw in millsap.

No way Okur has the same value as Emeka. Okafor can control the glass, defend the paint, and give you some relatively efficient post scoring. Okur is basically a somewhat inefficient scorer from the C spot. He doesn't defend well, and doesn't rebound well.

Here's a comparison. Okur's an inch taller and weighs 10 lbs more. Both are averaging 34 minutes this year.

Okur scores 3 more points 15.2 pts a game, Okafor 12.2
Okafor has 3 more rebounds 10.7 a game, Okur 7.8
Okafor has one more block a game, 1.7 to .7
Okur has one more assist a game 1.7 to .3
Okafor is very efficient from the field @ 59%, Okur is not bad @ 51%
Okur is a little better than average from the stripe @ 78%, Okafor is @ 58%
Okur is excellent from range, shooting 39% this year from the 3 pt arc. I'm not aware of Okafor's range, but it probably isn't more than 12-14 ft, I'm guessing.
Their steals are about the same.

These figures look to be just about perfectly equal in terms of overall production. The only difference is Okafor makes a little more than $1 million more a year than Okur.
hoops4life
General Manager
And1: 31

Post#12 » by hoops4life » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:17 am

Emeka gets 3 rebounds more per game and is the primary rebounder and low post player for his team.

Okur is the secondary rebounder for the team and plays away from the basket more.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,107

Post#13 » by jazzfan1971 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:17 am

I kinda like it all the way around. I don't think Millsap is here next year anyway.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
CAE15
Assistant Coach
And1: 699

Post#14 » by CAE15 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:00 am

jazzfan1971 wrote:I kinda like it all the way around. I don't think Millsap is here next year anyway.

Millsap is like an undersized more offensively skilled emeka. Why would you want to trade both Okur and Sap for emeka?
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,107

Post#15 » by jazzfan1971 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:48 am

I think Okafor>Okur. I think Milsap evens it out nicely. If you can get him without including Milsap, so much the better, but I doubt it.

Okafor would give the Jazz some much needed defense. I think it'd make us a better team. A little less deep, but, better able to lock down opponents when we need a stop.

Basically, I think he's what we need, and Okur+Milsap is fair valuewise.

Your mileage may vary.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
IggyTheBEaST
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#16 » by IggyTheBEaST » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:47 pm

Daly for Morrison and Okur isnt bad but no way I give up a first
===========

ITBs Dream Team:

Iverson/Iggy/Lebron/Amare/Dwight

I <3 Thaddeous

Return to Trades and Transactions