PHX/UTA: Trading Power Forwards

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

JDubJazz
Analyst
And1: 4

PHX/UTA: Trading Power Forwards 

Post#1 » by JDubJazz » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:32 pm

Utah Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -11.6 ppg, -6.3 rpg, and -3.6 apg.

Incoming Players

Amare Stoudemire
6-10 PF from Cypress Creek (HS)
22.3 ppg, 8.4 rpg, 1.9 apg in 37.9 minutes

Outgoing Players
Ronnie Brewer
6-7 SG from Arkansas
13.4 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 2.8 apg in 31.0 minutes
Carlos Boozer
6-8 PF from Duke
20.5 ppg, 11.6 rpg, 2.7 apg in 33.8 minutes

Phoenix Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +11.6 ppg, +6.3 rpg, and +3.6 apg.

Incoming Players
Ronnie Brewer
6-7 SG from Arkansas
13.4 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 2.8 apg in 31.0 minutes
Carlos Boozer
6-8 PF from Duke
20.5 ppg, 11.6 rpg, 2.7 apg in 33.8 minutes

Outgoing Players

Amare Stoudemire
6-10 PF from Cypress Creek (HS)
22.3 ppg, 8.4 rpg, 1.9 apg in 37.9 minutes

RATIONALE:

Phoenix: This benefits them in both chemistry and cap room. Boozer can duplicate Amare's offensive production and they get his Bird rights(i.e. first dibs at re-signing him in the offseason). If they decide to go full re-build, then they can let him walk and free up tons of space under the cap. Additionally, they get Ronnie Brewer, who will excel with Nash as his PG, plus he has the length and athleticism to be the kind of defensive player Porter wants at SG/SF. Ronnie is still on his rookie deal, so he's a big benefit to PHX's bottom line as well.

Utah: Pairing Deron Williams and Amare Stoudamire could well make them the favorite in an already packed Western Conference. With Okur to draw opposings bigs out of the paint, Amare won't have to face nerly as many double teams, and his pick and Roll with Deron will have the Jazz replacing the rims at the Arena on a regular basis. Plus, on the Jazz, the majority of the possesions will go through Amare, so he won't have to complain about not getting the ball enough.
--J-Dub--
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Re: PHX/UTA: Trading Power Forwards 

Post#2 » by VintaGe36 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:38 pm

I really think PHX can get more for Amare.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,806

Re: PHX/UTA: Trading Power Forwards 

Post#3 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:42 pm

With Diaw gone I can't see the Suns trading Amare. Though Shaq has been fairly healthy with them, he's bound to break down at some point of the season which is where Amare becomes important with his versatility to move to the center. Also, Amare may be an overrated defensive player, but he's still much better then Boozer on that end of the floor. I don't think its bad value for the Suns (I really like Ronnie Brewer and think he'd be a player that could REALLY benefit from playing with Nash) but I just don't think its a great fit.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”

Return to Trades and Transactions