KTB Entry: Sacramento/Miami/Chicago

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

KTB Entry: Sacramento/Miami/Chicago 

Post#1 » by KF10 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:30 pm

if you think this is a good trade for all teams involved, please vote yes. If otherwise, please vote no. Explain your vote.

Well, I don't usually do trades but just an idea. Here goes nothing:

Sacramento IN:

Shawn Marion
Tyrus Thomas
Drew Gooden

Sacramento OUT:

Brad Miller
John Salmons
Mikki Moore
Kenny Thomas

Miami IN:

Brad Miller
Andres Nocioni
Kenny Thomas

Miami OUT:

Shawn Marion
Marcus Banks
Mark Blount

Chicago IN:

John Salmons
Mikki Moore
Mark Blount
Marcus Banks

Chicago OUT:

Drew Gooden
Tyrus Thomas
Andres Nocioni

Why for Sacramento?
We get cap flexibility in 2009, we make a run for Boozer. We get a disappointing prospect that needs a change of scenery for the better IMO.

Why for Miami?
They get a true center in Miller. While dumping Banks/Blount contracts.

Why for Chicago?
They get a legit guard in Salmons to play alongside with Rose. And losing Nocioni's long deal in the process.

------------------------------------------------------

Yeah I know, it isn't perfect but something along those lines we should have something that all parties that can agree on.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,323

Re: KTB Entry: Sacramento/Miami/Chicago 

Post#2 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:34 pm

Too much in the Kings favor. I really don't see Chicago doing this either.

I'm going to vote no.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#3 » by KF10 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:39 pm

DGrangeRx33 wrote:Too much in the Kings favor. I really don't see Chicago doing this either.

I'm going to vote no.

I don't see how is this favorable for Sacramento. The rumored deal was Marion for Miller/Thomas. But I combined Chicago in this deal. We lose Salmons.

Chicago reportedly claimed that everyone except Rose can be discuss in a potential trade(s).
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#4 » by loserX » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:42 pm

There are interesting ideas in there, but I vote "no" as it stands.

Miami isn't going to be overly happy about losing Blount's deal if they have to take back Kenny's, nor will they be happy about dumping Banks' to get Nocioni's.

Doubt Chicago likes it either...I'd prefer Gooden to Moore, and I don't think I'd trade Tyrus and Nocioni for Salmons if it meant I had to take Blount and Banks back for it.
Nicky Nix Nook
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 153

Post#5 » by Nicky Nix Nook » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:47 pm

DGrangeRx33 wrote:Too much in the Kings favor. I really don't see Chicago doing this either.

I'm going to vote no.

I'm not saying I completely agree with the trade but this is not too much in the Kings favor. Brad Miller is still playing great basketball, and the Bulls could really use him. John Salmons is a fantastic all around player who plays defense and can drop 20 on the other end. Mikki Moore is a solid backup who is consistenly underrated because his stat line is almost never impressive. He does the intangibles, and creates energy off the bench. Then the Kings get back a rental in Marion who probably wouldn't do much in Sacramento, a young PF who has not met people's expectations, and Drew Gooden who is a nice post player but he is too old, and would hog minutes for Thompson and Hawes.

Still it's not a terrible trade, but to say it is lop sided in the Kings favor is not true.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,323

Post#6 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:47 pm

Just my opinion man. Brad Miller is one of my favorite players, however, I don't think Salmons has as much value around the league as Kings fans believe he does.

The Kings manage to turn an aging Center, quality starting SF, and 2 bad contracts into a All-Star caliber SF, which also happens to be a massive expiring, a big man who still has a lot of potential in him in Thomas, and a quality PF who is also a valuable expiring. I don't see that happening.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#7 » by KF10 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:50 pm

loserX wrote:There are interesting ideas in there, but I vote "no" as it stands.

Miami isn't going to be overly happy about losing Blount's deal if they have to take back Kenny's, nor will they be happy about dumping Banks' to get Nocioni's.

Doubt Chicago likes it either...I'd prefer Gooden to Moore, and I don't think I'd trade Tyrus and Nocioni for Salmons if it meant I had to take Blount and Banks back for it.

Yeah, I kinda figured...But nonetheless it still has potential IMO...
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#8 » by KF10 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:53 pm

DGrangeRx33 wrote:Just my opinion man. Brad Miller is one of my favorite players, however, I don't think Salmons has as much value around the league as Kings fans believe he does.

The Kings manage to turn an aging Center, quality starting SF, and 2 bad contracts into a All-Star caliber SF, which also happens to be a massive expiring, a big man who still has a lot of potential in him in Thomas, and a quality PF who is also a valuable expiring. I don't see that happening.

Actually, one "bad contract". Moore, in essence, an expiring. Next year is partially guaranteed due to a buyout clause in his contract. The Kings can either exercise it and get the cap space or keep Moore. Thomas isn't THAT bad of a contract though. Well, he has NO court value RIGHT NOW and his contract runs until 2010. It is only two year. So, it isn't THAT bad.

EDIT: Marion's value is lower than last year. He is not playing well this year. But he still commands some sort of value due to his expiring contract.

Tyrus: Well, you can ask Bulls' fans about him. You will get different answer than your opinion.
Nicky Nix Nook
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 153

Post#9 » by Nicky Nix Nook » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:56 pm

how the HELL did you respond that fast. Im a little creeped out lol.

Salmons probably has more value because Kings fans watch every game and know what he is capable of. The Kings NEVER get much coverage at all, and Salmons is anything but flashy. He is underrated because of where he plays and how he plays. He is underpaid IMO and he would make a very good impact to any team he goes to. I think Kings should keep Salmons unless a great deal comes around, like Bell/Diaw for Richardson status deal.
Flash is the Future
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#10 » by Flash is the Future » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:25 pm

I vote no. No Nocioni for Blount - no way no how.
Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Post#11 » by Leto » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:37 pm

Im sorry to say that the Bulls would have to decline. There's not any chance the Bulls trade 3 fowards for 2 gaurds and two fowards. They'd have to start Hinrich at PF and Hughes at center along with Gordon, Deng and Rose. And, we'd still have Salmons, Thabo, Banks and Hunter off the bench. This isn't Golden State.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#12 » by KF10 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:41 pm

Yeah, the fit isn't here and both Chicago/Miami has some issues. Chicago's lineup looks a bit crazy...lol. And Miami doesn't want to deal Blount's contract-friendly 2010 contract for Noc's contract.
TheGallopingSweetness
Pro Prospect
And1: 22

Post#13 » by TheGallopingSweetness » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:49 pm

No for Chicago. This trade takes an unbalanced roster and makes it much much more unbalanced.

If you pencil in Rose and Deng for 35 minutes each, you're left with Gordon, Hughes, Hinrich, Salmons, Banks and Thabo fighting for the 74 minutes left at the 1, 2 and 3.

Simultaneously, you only have Noah, Gray, Mikki Moore, and Mark Blount to cover the 96 minutes at the 4/5.

Regardless of whether you think the Bulls win or lose this deal talent-wise, they make their team much much worse.
Darkstar
Junior
And1: 97

Post#14 » by Darkstar » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:48 am

I absolutely hate the KT/Miller for Marion rumor. I wish it would die a horrible and fiery death. So it shouldn't surprise you that I'm saying no here.

I have no problem trading for Miller as he's expiring, but the other two kill that.
Neptune_Balla21
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#15 » by Neptune_Balla21 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:57 am

Great deal for the Kings. Pretty good for Miami. Atrocious for the Bulls.

I don't think I even have to explain.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#16 » by ecuhus1981 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:46 am

Neptune_Balla21 wrote:Great deal for the Kings. Pretty good for Miami. Atrocious for the Bulls.

I don't think I even have to explain.

You must have no clue who John Salmons is. I'm going to assume that he has just flown under your radar thus far, because otherwise, there is no way to justify your comment.

Anyway, if we're voting on the feasibility of a trade, I'd have to give this a no. MIA doesn't want Noc', even if they're giving Banks.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin

Return to Trades and Transactions