Raptors retool with LAC, Thunder, and the Heat.

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Assassin_1
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: Running up in your spot faster than CJ from San Andreas

Raptors retool with LAC, Thunder, and the Heat. 

Post#1 » by Assassin_1 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:47 am

Raptors trade:
Parker
Soloman
Thunder trade:
Watson

I think the Thunder would do this deal because they need some veterans on their team and Parker and Soloman are good leaders in the lockeroom. Parker has alot of experience in Europe he his a expiring deal and can shoot the three really well and hasn't produced much in Toronto because sometimes he is forced to create a shot. Soloman is a bench warmer here in TO but he is a good scorer and a good lockerroom guy.
______________________________________________________________________________________________
Raptors trade:
Calderon
LAC trade:
Kaman

BD hasn't worked in the other side of LA and maybe Calderon be better off leading there system. He have more guys to pass to and he be surrounded by guys full of talent and once he sees their strengths he will be sure to maximize them. His defense would get covered up by being around some really good defenders like Thorton and Camby. This have to get done in the off-season but I think it is fair and the Clips have too much talent at the 5 and 4 where not everyones happy.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Raptors trade:
O'Neal
Moon
Heat trade:
Marion

This trade has been talked about and I think that is could do wonders for both teams. Marion help the Raptors with their perimeter defense and this open up the starting spot for Beasley and give them Moon to back him up. JO give them size and more talent his knee seems to have been clear of major injury and if the Heat bank on him and he does well they could sell him as a solid player and as a 2010 expiring which bring back a star to help Wade.

For the Raptors they have a line-up of
Bargnani
Bosh
Marion
Kapono
Calderon
Right now but it get upgraded to
Kaman
Bosh
???
Kapono
Watson
They have 19 million to use on guys in the 09 free agency that they can sign to 1 year deals. The Kaman and Bosh duo is very young and be around in the league for a while if things workout. In the 09 free agency the Raptors could sign Marion back for 10 million or instead bring in Artest. If they want I think they could lure Odom pretty easily at a 9.5 million dollar contract and use the rest of the money on a guy for the 2 and depth. Which they could trade later or keep depending on how things go.
Bac2Basics
RealGM
Location: "Are you like a crazy person? I'm quite sure they will say so."

Re: Raptors retool with LAC, Thunder, and the Heat. 

Post#2 » by Bac2Basics » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:00 am

can't tell where one trade stops and another starts
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed.
~ Herman Melville
Assassin_1
Banned User

Post#3 » by Assassin_1 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:06 am

First I do the Watson trade, then I do the Marion trade, and then in the off-season I would trade for Kaman. Did the lining make it more clear?
Wade2k6
RealGM
And1: 77

Post#4 » by Wade2k6 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:14 am

I do it for Miami.
Assassin_1
Banned User

Post#5 » by Assassin_1 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:16 am

Wade2k6 wrote:I do it for Miami.

1 down 2 to go. Is there any LAC or Thunder fan up.
djthesonicsfan
Lead Assistant
And1: 159

Post#6 » by djthesonicsfan » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:34 am

Watson for Parker (+ filler) is something I could see happening, but Presti would need to get a legit backup PG as part of the deal or have another deal lined up.
notSonics 2016
Starters - Trey, Roberson, KD, Ibaka, Adams
Rotation - Payne, Waiters, Green, McGary, Kanter
Bench - Collison, Christon, Brodgon, Huestis
Stash - Johnson, Abrine
Cut - Morrow
Trade - Singler
Draft - Brogdon
FA - Green
london sonic
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#7 » by london sonic » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:03 pm

Id like to see what other offers there are for watson before pulling the trigger on this .djsonicsfan is right will need vet pg cover first .Id personally like to see presti pushing a trade for kaman using watson,collison,filler and draft picks.I cant see LAC fans agreeing to a straight calderon -kaman trade they seem to want a lot for him maybe need to add more for them to agree.
N.O.R.E.
RealGM
And1: 240

Post#8 » by N.O.R.E. » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:42 pm

The trades aren't actually that bad and could work out if the following happened:
1. The Thunder could pick up a veteran PG - perhaps Hinrich, Blake, A. Carter, etc.
2. The Clippers have an immediate B Diddy trade lined up so there aren't those awkward 5 games where Calderon and Baron actually have to play together.

After making the first 2 deals the 3rd trade is absolutely perfect. Nice job, its actually quite hard to make 1 trade that is fair for all parties let alone 3.
Assassin_1
Banned User

Post#9 » by Assassin_1 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:02 pm

The LAC have said the BD thing in LAC is working out so I thought they might need a point guard like Calderon. Could a trade be done that is surrounded by Calderon+Bargnani for Davis?
Silk Wilkes
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#10 » by Silk Wilkes » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:56 pm

J-Slim wrote:The LAC have said the BD thing in LAC is working out so I thought they might need a point guard like Calderon. Could a trade be done that is surrounded by Calderon+Bargnani for Davis?

From a Toronto perspective? Hell Yes...it's only from the LAC perspective where it's up in the air. If all three of these deals were to get done I'd s**t myself.
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#11 » by Mr. E » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:01 pm

I think that the problem on the Clippers side would be that even if Davis isn't working out like they thought he would, they still won't trade away a useful big man like Kaman in order to bring in another point guard with the intention of benching their big free agency acquisition of the summer.

If the Clips do shop Baron Davis, then I think that they might find a better offer than Calderon & Bargnani. Not saying that's bad value - but a team needing a difference-making PG at the trade deadline would probably give up more.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
Silk Wilkes
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#12 » by Silk Wilkes » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:10 pm

Mr. E wrote:I think that the problem on the Clippers side would be that even if Davis isn't working out like they thought he would, they still won't trade away a useful big man like Kaman in order to bring in another point guard with the intention of benching their big free agency acquisition of the summer.

If the Clips do shop Baron Davis, then I think that they might find a better offer than Calderon & Bargnani. Not saying that's bad value - but a team needing a difference-making PG at the trade deadline would probably give up more.

This was my worry as well. However, Clippers management might not see the season as lost at this point and waiting until the deadline could basically kill all playoff hopes for them if it doesn't work out with Baron. Personally, for Baron I'd give up Calderon + Bargnani + 1st Rounder.
Assassin_1
Banned User

Post#13 » by Assassin_1 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:25 pm

^The Raps gladly accept it be a massive upgrade in talent and they barely lose anymore depth. Maybe they could follow up with a deal centered around JO and Marion.
Assassin_1
Banned User

Post#14 » by Assassin_1 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:36 pm

Youngblood wrote:
Mr. E wrote:I think that the problem on the Clippers side would be that even if Davis isn't working out like they thought he would, they still won't trade away a useful big man like Kaman in order to bring in another point guard with the intention of benching their big free agency acquisition of the summer.

This was my worry as well. However, Clippers management might not see the season as lost at this point and waiting until the deadline could basically kill all playoff hopes for them if it doesn't work out with Baron. Personally, for Baron I'd give up Calderon + Bargnani + 1st Rounder.

I think they accept they would get a pick and Bargnani inreturn giving them a future core of AB, Thorton, and Gordon. If the Calderon in LAC thing works then its even better for the LAC, plus they get a first rounder to add to the core of Kaman, Thorton, Bargnani, Gordon, and their pick plus the Raptors
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#15 » by puppa bear » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:50 pm

Miami needs to be sending out some more $ (namely Banks) because that's gonna add up to a lot more luxury tax $ which Arison is practically allergic to paying!

Return to Trades and Transactions