Philly-Chicago-Phoenix

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

sixerdave
Junior
And1: 1

Philly-Chicago-Phoenix 

Post#1 » by sixerdave » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:30 pm

The idea behind the trade is teams deal players who aren't performing up to par with their current teams and so they get a fresh start somewhere else.

Philly trades: Dalembert and Green
Philly receives: Hinrich and Barbosa

Chicago trades: Hinrich and Noah
Chicago receives: Dalembert and Dudley

Phoenix trades: Barbosa and Dudley
Phoenix receives: Noah and Green

Hinrich and Barbosa are both having down years and Hinrich is now an injured bench player with a lengthy contract. Barbosa is shooting 29% from 3 this year.

My question is, would a player have to be substituted somewhere, or a future pick added to make this work? (Such as Thomas instead of Noah or Tucker instead of Dudley)

Thanks.
treis
RealGM
And1: 60

Re: Philly-Chicago-Phoenix 

Post#2 » by treis » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:18 pm

Hinrich is not a bench player. He is still a legit player that would start on many teams (including Philly).

Anyways, personally I want nothing to do with this. Dalembert puts up good stats but he is a bad player.
sixerdave
Junior

Post#3 » by sixerdave » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:18 am

I can understand, I'm not the biggest Dalembert fan myself. What if Miller and his 10 million expiring was substituted for Dalembert? Would that be closer?
BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,652

Post#4 » by BrooklynBulls » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:20 am

Hinrich for Miller, I've said it many times, it's the best deal to be made.
sixerdave
Junior

Post#5 » by sixerdave » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:29 am

Hinrich for Miller has been said by tons of people tons of times. But in this scenario the Sixers could get Barbosa too. I guess it doesn't pay off for the Bulls as much as Hinrich for Miller, but then again Miller is playing much better than Hinrich this year.
BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,652

Post#6 » by BrooklynBulls » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:34 am

Miller isn't playing much better than Hinrich this year. Hinrich isn't playing this year. Look for him next year, in February.

Also, Phoenix gets it pretty brutally in this trade. Green isn't a player they'd want, and they have Noah. His name is Robin Lopez.
sixerdave
Junior

Post#7 » by sixerdave » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:30 am

BrooklynBulls wrote:Miller isn't playing much better than Hinrich this year. Hinrich isn't playing this year. Look for him next year, in February.

Also, Phoenix gets it pretty brutally in this trade. Green isn't a player they'd want, and they have Noah. His name is Robin Lopez.

We'll see. Barbosa's play has been pretty brutal this year as well.
SideSwipe
Analyst
And1: 660

Post#8 » by SideSwipe » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:02 am

Easy no from PHX, I think. Barbosa's value is way higher than this. Noah's value is way down, and I'm not sure Willie Green ever had value. Plus Dudley has shown significant potential so far, and is only a 2nd year player, and former 1st round pick. No thanks.
ITK9
Lead Assistant
And1: 16

Post#9 » by ITK9 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:48 am

treis wrote:Hinrich is not a bench player. He is still a legit player that would start on many teams (including Philly).

of course , we would bench andre miller who is 3 times better.
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Post#10 » by VintaGe36 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:56 pm

ITK9 wrote:of course , we would bench andre miller who is 3 times better.

Aside from the fact that your wrong, starting Hinrich who can shoot, over Miller who can't would solve a lot of your issues.

Return to Trades and Transactions